Is it just me OR...

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-06, 05:36 PM
Jatt
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it just me OR...

Hey guys,

First off I'd like to say I dont mean any offense to 250 owners out there, but honestly, does it not get to you knowing that people are complimenting the 250 just as much as the 350 based on looks, even though there is a considerable difference in both price and engine, infact the cars are just not the same.

I really think they shoulda made the models slightly different physically, there are starting to be alot of 250's around where I live, but barely any 350's, it just kinda irks me that I'm paying more for something that doesn't get the respect it really deserves.

Does anyone else get what I'm saying?

/end_rant
Old 09-30-06, 05:39 PM
BottomsUp
Lead Lap

First let me say i have a 250..second why worry what others think? Take them for a drive and that seat of the pants kick you paid for will show them, plus it's all about what 'YOU' want and as long as you are happy that's all that matters.

I've run into some haters. "oh you got a 250, you got a b*tch car why didn't you get the 350'...well i could have had the 350 easily if i wanted. It wasn't about money, but for my style of driving and my wants/needs 200HP and good gas mileage was perfect. It basically has all the same lux features and bells and whistles which is what i was after in my purchase decision.
Old 09-30-06, 05:52 PM
shox
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BottomsUp
First let me say i have a 250..second why worry what others think? Take them for a drive and that seat of the pants kick you paid for will show them, plus it's all about what 'YOU' want and as long as you are happy that's all that matters.

I've run into some haters. "oh you got a 250, you got a b*tch car why didn't you get the 350'...well i could have had the 350 easily if i wanted. It wasn't about money, but for my style of driving and my wants/needs 200HP and good gas mileage was perfect. It basically has all the same lux features and bells and whistles which is what i was after in my purchase decision.
Yeah same here, the good old, "Why didn't you get a 350, so much faster!" Yeah, no *****, you think I don't know that. I like what I bought, I like everything about the car, sure it's no 350 but it's still a damn nice car.
Old 09-30-06, 05:53 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

If you think that way, then you have other self esteem issues. You should have bought something else, maybe a Vette. Oh wait, they have different engines in there as well.
Old 09-30-06, 05:57 PM
Cornellian
Lead Lap

Lexus Engineers were too lazy too come up with new design for 2 cars....
Old 09-30-06, 06:00 PM
Jatt
Driver

I'm just waiting for 3 years when my lease is done and gonna get a used year 99 or 2000 360 modena down, just get it outta my system I guess lol
Old 09-30-06, 06:05 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jatt
Hey guys,

First off I'd like to say I dont mean any offense to 250 owners out there, but honestly, does it not get to you knowing that people are complimenting the 250 just as much as the 350 based on looks, even though there is a considerable difference in both price and engine, infact the cars are just not the same.

I really think they shoulda made the models slightly different physically, there are starting to be alot of 250's around where I live, but barely any 350's, it just kinda irks me that I'm paying more for something that doesn't get the respect it really deserves.

Does anyone else get what I'm saying?

/end_rant
Yeah we understand what you are saying. What I don't understand is why it is bugging you so much? I would have been concerned about it for a day, maybe two days. Then I would forget about it because it's no big deal and there's more important things to think about in life. You can't be sure that you are paying more than the next person, you don't know that. Who cares about that anyway.
Old 09-30-06, 06:18 PM
Jatt
Driver

Then I would forget about it because it's no big deal and there's more important things to think about in life.
Trust me bro, my stress level is through the roof for work related stuff, all I'm saying is, they shoulda made the car physically somewhat different, I mean its not like your buying a Lexus for the sole reason that you like the engine etc. it has alot to do with the name itself and the head turn factor it has.

I'll be honest, my main reason for buying the car had more to do with the fact that it was a Lexus, all else was secondary.

Last edited by Jatt; 09-30-06 at 06:21 PM.
Old 09-30-06, 06:23 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You think it's any easier for C350 Elegance owners? lol.

I always look at the emblem to see if it's a 250 or 350. For those in the know, that one number difference means a lot. I mean, at least people say it's a Lexus not a Scion haha.
Old 09-30-06, 06:25 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

dude, what's wrong with 50,000 other 250/350 owners being just as happy as you instead of making the cars a little bit different and only 15,000 other 350 owners happy with you? why do you care how many other people are just as happy as you are?

are you saying you are unable to be amongst those 50,000 happy people because there are 250 owners in that crowd who are paying less than you?

if you want to drop out of the group and be unhappy and that leaves me and 49,998 other happy 250/350 owners, i say make the 250 and the 350 virtually identical.

c'mon, you can find a way to get past this one, i know you can.

seriously though, i saw a 250awd today and it didn't even cross my mind that they were the same. maybe it's because i have a spoiler and all the options that i have, maybe my car is one of the few cars in the entire region....maybe.
Old 09-30-06, 06:28 PM
IRCRomeo
Pole Position

My take on it is this...

Yes, what you get for the extra $4k is a good deal... BUT I don't NEED 100hp. It only serves to waste gas and possibly get me in trouble.

I like the IS for what it is... I don't need a race car.
Old 09-30-06, 06:33 PM
Cornellian
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kensteele
dude, what's wrong with 50,000 other 250/350 owners being just as happy as you instead of making the cars a little bit different and only 15,000 other 350 owners happy with you? why do you care how many other people are just as happy as you are?

are you saying you are unable to be amongst those 50,000 happy people because there are 250 owners in that crowd who are paying less than you?

if you want to drop out of the group and be unhappy and that leaves me and 49,998 other happy 250/350 owners, i say make the 250 and the 350 virtually identical.

c'mon, you can find a way to get past this one, i know you can.

seriously though, i saw a 250awd today and it didn't even cross my mind that they were the same. maybe it's because i have a spoiler and all the options that i have, maybe my car is one of the few cars in the entire region....maybe.
Let's ALL be a happy F#$!@*% family
Old 09-30-06, 06:39 PM
Immortal54
Driver School Candidate

Smile

I bought the IS 250 based on the interior and exterior alone. I just couldn't justify spending 4k more for 100 hp I wouldn't use. I came from a 93 civic so 200hp is plenty. If horsepower was what I cared about I would have gotten a G35 instead. But the IS just looks that much nicer!
Old 09-30-06, 06:53 PM
BottomsUp
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Jatt
I'll be honest, my main reason for buying the car had more to do with the fact that it was a Lexus, all else was secondary.

Dude enjoy your sweet ride and stop worrying about what others think. For realz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-30-06, 06:56 PM
krazykanuk
Pole Position

I wish they had done what BMW does, different wheels, different grille (chrome vs. black). Only things people who know the cars would notice, but thats because to me 99% of all ISx50s look the same outside of color.

Quick Reply: Is it just me OR...