IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Great News For The Aftermarket IS350!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-06, 07:17 PM
Xelvic
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great News For The Aftermarket IS350!!

This is great news for the IS350!!! This Supra will be a tuner car for sure and use the same platform as the IS350. And that being said, the aftermarket will jump all over this car which means we can put all those parts on our IS350. Just like the 350z is to the G35 now it will be the Supra to the IS350.

Road & Track
Old 10-02-06, 07:29 PM
uschardcor
Lexus Test Driver

um, no. according to the article its not even using the x50 block. it might be built on the same platform but that doesn't mean crap as far as aftermarket adaptable parts go
Old 10-02-06, 07:42 PM
SPEED&ECO.
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by uschardcor
um, no. according to the article its not even using the x50 block. it might be built on the same platform but that doesn't mean crap as far as aftermarket adaptable parts go
it is using the 2grfse which the last time i check is what the 350 has... but i believe they are going to offer a v8 version as well..
Old 10-02-06, 07:57 PM
jsquared
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i don't think we can be sure of anything until it actually comes out. as far as i know, aftermarket parts are very model specific, so that doesn't mean that they'll work just because of the same engine. the suspension will be similar, not exactly the same, and they are tuning the engine much differently than they did for the 2IS.
Old 10-02-06, 08:14 PM
Wests
Lead Lap

I'll believe it when I see it.
Old 10-02-06, 08:22 PM
cspec
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They have been saying that forever. Toyota has never revived a dead name, and it never will.
Old 10-02-06, 08:41 PM
jman-is350
Lead Lap

That's very good news...
Old 10-02-06, 09:56 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for posting, but honsetly, I am so sick of these supra this and supra that news, magazines are trying to make up. not cool!
Old 10-02-06, 10:00 PM
Zephyr
Lexus Test Driver

Until we see an actual Supra teaser from Toyota Corp... ill just treat this as a rumor..
Old 10-02-06, 10:14 PM
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

Holy hell, this is incredible news if true!

I won't get my hopes up yet, but I LOVE the Supra. I guess I've just been out of the loop or something, but I've never heard a Supra-returning rumor before.
Old 10-02-06, 11:02 PM
Xelvic
Driver

I don't know if this is rumor guys...I mean...there it sits right in front of you. The article says plans "ARE" under way. There right about Toyota not having a performance vehicle in the line up, so why not start now? I'm going to stay optimistic for this car. I think there will be a lot of performance parts on this car that will be able to go on our IS350. I'm thinking headers, gears, light weight drive shafts, superchargers, turbo's, ect ...ect...ect. And if not, well I'll just buy the damn car then. Anyways, can anyone post the previous rumors with pictures from a reputable magazine?
Old 10-02-06, 11:04 PM
Hip_hop77
Pole Position

they've been talking about this forever... i doubt it'll be out next year.
Old 10-02-06, 11:12 PM
ES3
Lexus Champion

We can only hope!

BTW, is that Supra a hard top convertible!?
Old 10-02-06, 11:13 PM
cspec
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Xelvic
I don't know if this is rumor guys...I mean...there it sits right in front of you. The article says plans "ARE" under way. There right about Toyota not having a performance vehicle in the line up, so why not start now? I'm going to stay optimistic for this car. I think there will be a lot of performance parts on this car that will be able to go on our IS350. I'm thinking headers, gears, light weight drive shafts, superchargers, turbo's, ect ...ect...ect. And if not, well I'll just buy the damn car then. Anyways, can anyone post the previous rumors with pictures from a reputable magazine?
Alright man, I know you're probably so hyped about a Supra and all. Regardless if there is one, there will be more parts for the IS350 because it's already a very popular car.

Now, with the Supra. You're just beating a dead horse with this one. It's been talked about over and over again. It's just not going to happen. Why? Because why would Toyota make a car like the Supra when only a very, and I mean VERY, small segment of the market will buy it? I'm not sure if you realize, but to R&D a supercar, costs a lot of money. Also with standards set by today's supercars, it's probably even harder. Now more economics. Why in the world will Toyota, doing so amazingly well with its economical line-up, produce a car like a Supra, under the Toyota name?

I'm not sure if you realize, but Toyota is making more fast sedans than they are anything, and Lexus is probably where Toyota is going to focus their R&D on powerful engines. Hell, they even took out the Celica recently and I think even their 2ZZ-GE was taken out of the line-up.

Sadly, as much as I would love to see the Supra again, it just doesn't make sense for them to happen.

And that article... and those photochops, I have seen them for years now...
Old 10-02-06, 11:28 PM
Xelvic
Driver

So do you think road and track is lying or there being feed bs by toyota?

Quick Reply: Great News For The Aftermarket IS350!!