IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Mixing Crystal White with Starfire Pearl

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-06, 08:49 PM
Cali_Girl
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mixing Crystal White with Starfire Pearl

Another fun day at the dealer! Went for my spoiler installation appointment yesterday, all excited to finally get it installed. Well.....nothing went smoothly. After waiting half an hour for my shuttle ride home, the service advisor informed me that the spoiler ordered was starfire pearl (my car is crystal white). I waited a week for this, and a mishap occurs. Did I accept it......NO WAY!

But now that I think about it, there's probably nothing wrong with being a little different. Does the spoiler have to match anyway? They don't even make crystal white anymore.
Old 10-03-06, 08:52 PM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

yeah it will be alot nicer if it matched. would you ever settle for less? you did atleast pay full price.

yeah they discontinued crystal white. all 07's come with starfire pearl.
Old 10-03-06, 08:52 PM
istundra
Pole Position

btw. how much did you pay installed? i got mine for $180.00 and a friend installed it in 30 min.
Old 10-03-06, 08:57 PM
Cali_Girl
Pole Position

I didn't pay yet. $208 labor to install ($104 per hour)
Old 10-03-06, 08:58 PM
istundra
Pole Position

how much was the part?

I'm sure you are glad they didnt drill the holes then tell you. =D
Old 10-03-06, 09:02 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

I would want my spoiler to match my car, infact i'd insist on it. Personally i'd rather go with no spoiler than a mismatched one.
Old 10-03-06, 09:04 PM
Cali_Girl
Pole Position

$245 for the spoiler.
Old 10-03-06, 09:52 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 220 Likes on 148 Posts

I haven't seen Starfire Pearl in person, so not sure how close it is to Crystal white, but I bet you can easily see the difference. I think it's going to look a little weird on the car if they don't match.
Old 10-03-06, 10:26 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by LexArazzo
I haven't seen Starfire Pearl in person, so not sure how close it is to Crystal white, but I bet you can easily see the difference. I think it's going to look a little weird on the car if they don't match.
I was at Sewell Lexus today and saw the Starfire Pearl in person... Honestly, I couldn't tell ANY difference between Crystal White and Starfire Pearl - it looked exactly the same. Of course, the ultimate test would be putting the SP spoiler on a CW car. I agree with you guys, though - I would demand MY color

Javier
Old 10-03-06, 11:41 PM
krazykanuk
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cali_Girl
Does the spoiler have to match anyway? They don't even make crystal white anymore.
On a Civic, its cooler to have it not even painted.

On any other car, I'm leaning toward yes, same color.
Old 10-03-06, 11:51 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Cali girl, This is what I did and I saved 250$.

i orderd it for 199$ and installed it myself. Takes 3 mins for installation (literally).

I didnt drill anyholes on the car, so I bought a heat gun from took out all those screws on the spoiler. And bought some 3M double tape and tape it to the trunk.

Looks prefect and it's holding there for about a year now.
Old 10-04-06, 12:16 AM
istundra
Pole Position

i think installing it as per factory spec will be much better through time UNLESS you do plan to remove the spoiler at some point.
Old 10-04-06, 07:08 AM
Cali_Girl
Pole Position

You guys are right. It would look awkward....which was the reason I rejected it in the first place once the dealer told me they accidently ordered the starfire pearl. Although the two colors are similar, side by side they are different...and you can definitely tell. Overall, starfire is much brighter....which is probably why Lexus switched to that color.

Stig, I thought about buying the spoiler on Ebay for $188 plus shipping/delivery. I just wasn't sure about the drilling thingy. I'll still thinking about it. The dealer is trying to make right by ordering a crystal white for me.

Overall, I don't have a good feeling about Longo Lexus. This is the second time they made a mistake on my car.....and I truly do not not recommend them for your servicing needs if you live in Southern California. I mean, twice!! First, was ordering a HID headlamp when my car is not even wired for HID.....now this spoiler thing. I'm pretty much done with Longo...except they owe me a crystal white spoiler, which I may reconsider and go elsewhere altogether.
Old 10-04-06, 07:45 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Cali_Girl
Stig, I thought about buying the spoiler on Ebay for $188 plus shipping/delivery. I just wasn't sure about the drilling thingy. I'll still thinking about it. The dealer is trying to make right by ordering a crystal white for me.

I didnt drill any. I just used the heat gun and took off all those screws on the spoiler, and used addn'l 3M double sided tape instead. I thought I would see gaps but it looks perfect.
Old 10-04-06, 07:47 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

$200 for spoiler installation is ABSURD!!! It's 15 minutes of work, 30 minutes MAX if you are a newbie mechanic... For a dealer to charge any more than 1 hour of labor is THEFT!!!

Quick Reply: Mixing Crystal White with Starfire Pearl