IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

New parts for 2is owners that is covered by warranty

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-06, 12:58 PM
lexus250
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New parts for 2is owners that is covered by warranty

I went to Jm Lexus (the best dealer i have ever seen) yesterday where i bought my 250 a ways back and had a talk with the parts department. I found out some things that made me very excited.
Now they have an hks cat-back exhaust system avalible that is covered by the factory warranty and you dont have to lose it. The exhaust is especially made for the 2is 250/350 (dont know how it sounds or hp gains if any), he sad you wont be able to get it anywhere else but lexus. The only thing is its kind of pricey ($1559 not installed). But i figure im going for it, I paid 3 times that for the warrenty and will never give it up.
Also in about a week there will be an intake system out for the 2is also that will let you keep the warrenty on the car. Guess what it is ......Fujita. You can most likely buy it off line or some where else if you dont want to buy it from lexus but it has to be installed by a lexus dealler.
(Both of them are on my list of got to have, because warranty comes in handy later on)
One more thing i just bought the light up door sills from lexus and im having them put on for free by lexus on saturday
I have been hearing so many problems that people cant get them to work right so i figured let them play with it.
Old 10-05-06, 01:05 PM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can get the exhaust for a lot less than that off of ebay. just do a search for "is350" on ebay.
Old 10-05-06, 01:08 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

you dont lose a warranty buy not getting a factory exhaust system, you only lose warranty on the part that failed because the mod directly caused it, and I can hardly imagine how a exhaust system can damage anything
Old 10-05-06, 03:13 PM
krazykanuk
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is where the stealer makes most of their money, parts and accessories. Check ebay. And also, like the guy above me said, they cannot deny your warranty unless they can prove that the aftermarket part caused the problem.
Old 10-05-06, 03:58 PM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

I think the stronger appeal for the Lexus/HKS exhaust is not that it will void your factory warranty, but it will be covered by the factory warranty. So let's say after 10 months or 10k miles it starts to leak, Lexus replaces it free of charge. Plus the entire exhaust is polished stainless steel which explains the higher cost . . .
Old 10-05-06, 04:08 PM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i noticed this exhaust on ebay a few days ago and was wondering when it came out...because i didnt know lexus was making one for the 2is...anyway sewell (which is a CL sponsor i believe) has it on ebay starting at $1190..heres a link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-G...spagenameZWDVW
Old 10-05-06, 04:39 PM
t.is350.h
Lexus Test Driver

the tips look exactly like the tanabe. It sound nice though, more like a g35 or 350z. I think one of the guy in cl post the sound clip on his 250.
Old 10-05-06, 07:35 PM
jsquared
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

fyi, it's available on sewell's site. they have it listed under l-tuned parts. socalJD's reason was my first reason to get it, plus the sound/look. i used to get everything installed at Bob Baker Lexus in El Cajon, but its a 30 min drive w/o traffic and I found a great autoshop near me. Most of us with aftermarket parts are well aware of the warranty issues. But usually, like 4TehNguyen said, the exhaust, as well as a lot of other parts rarely get messed up.

for me, i don't worry about the warranty. if something gets messed up and isn't covered, i'll suck it up and pay. if it's included, then it's like an added bonus for me.
Old 10-06-06, 02:13 PM
lexus250
Pole Position

if some one can tell me where i can find a sound clip for this exhaust that will be great.
warranty is one of the reasons that i bought a lexus over the BMW along with the great service at JM lexus.............and the great car it self.

So no way am i going to lose it, even though the law they past on aftermarket parts not voiding warranties without proof of cause. Its just not worth fighting over with the dealler.
Old 10-06-06, 02:17 PM
uschardcor
Lexus Test Driver

honestly, who cares about the warrenty? the price is highway robbery for an axel-back exhaust that will produce MAYBE 5 hp.

better to wait on an exhaust you want that actually does something, and if you ever have a problem slap the old one back on before you go in for service. same with your intake
Old 10-06-06, 02:40 PM
conekiller
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by socalJD
I think the stronger appeal for the Lexus/HKS exhaust is not that it will void your factory warranty, but it will be covered by the factory warranty. So let's say after 10 months or 10k miles it starts to leak, Lexus replaces it free of charge. Plus the entire exhaust is polished stainless steel which explains the higher cost . . .
All I care about is full stainless - given how little of the exhaust is actually visible on the car, I don't give a **** that they went to the ridiculous extreme of polishing the whole thing. Axle-back exhausts aren't worth NEARLY that much money...even full polished isn't worth $1500.
Old 10-06-06, 05:15 PM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

Relax Conekiller, never said it was "worth" 1500, just replying to the OP. Besides Sewell has it for 1,200. If it gets under 1k, I *might* think about it . . .