IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Survey of 06 & 07 2IS Bugs.

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-06, 07:24 AM
ff_
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know what's funny? All this talk about how reliable Lexus cars are, yet you hear all the same issues with them, as you do with any other brand of automobile. Same things... different automaker. My 2 Lexi have had more problems so far, than any of my BMWs ever did. That's not so say that the BMWs were free of problems, but you get my point.
Old 10-12-06, 07:34 AM
terp05
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MrMut
When you park the car and open the door BEFORE turnging the car off, that bell beeps forever with no way of turning it off (unless you hit the button on the inside of the door). THis shoudl not beep so much and as loudly as it does. very annoying...
On this same note, has anyone ever noticed that if you have the headlights in the "ON" position (not "auto"), and then open a door before shutting off the car that the headlights will not shut off after 30 seconds (even when locking the door) and will remain on until you shut them off or your battery drains? However if you shut the car off and then open the door the lights will turn off after 30 seconds like expected. This happened to me the other day and I thought I had figured out why that beeping you speak of occurs...until it beeped just the same when the lights were off. After reading the manual it does seem this is by design but I can't figure out why they would design it this way. Any suggestions?
Old 10-12-06, 08:21 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ff_
You know what's funny? All this talk about how reliable Lexus cars are, yet you hear all the same issues with them, as you do with any other brand of automobile. Same things... different automaker. My 2 Lexi have had more problems so far, than any of my BMWs ever did. That's not so say that the BMWs were free of problems, but you get my point.
Yes, you are a troll, we get your point...
Old 10-12-06, 08:47 AM
Gtidan
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ff_
No doubt. WTF.

Here's my list of bugs:

1) Insects stick to the front of the car when I hit them at 100+ MPH.
2) Black leather seats get hot when the car sits in the sun.
3) Chrome exhaust outlets get dirty.
4) I can hear road noise when driving. Lexus cars should be dead-silent at any speed.
5) Radio doesn't automatically mute when commercials are on.
and 6) I can hardly hear the engine running.....what's up with that?

Some people just need a bigger allowance from daddy I guess....
Old 10-12-06, 09:11 AM
NovaIS350
Lexus Test Driver

I think ff_ is really a BMW fanboy dressed in Lexus fanboy costume.
Old 10-12-06, 09:13 AM
NovaIS350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by NovaIS350
moonroof unable to close...front passenger door panel rattling..PUNCTURED GAS TANK.

Correction-- Moonroof and Gas tank were caused by dealership error. Rattling of the door is actually caused by seatbelt bumping into the door.

Therefore my IS has no issues or problems..yet. How you like them apples!?
Old 10-12-06, 09:19 AM
ff_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Technique
Yes, you are a troll, we get your point...
Actually, I do realize that I've been rather troll-ish lately. And it's not to be mean. Just injecting a little dose of reality when too many people walk around with their LexusFanBoy blinders on.

We own 2 lexus cars (2006 IS and 2006 ES), and having come from BMWs and an S2000, I've found that there's really nothing that remarkable about the Lexus cars, beyond the perceived reliability, and what you get for your money. The Lexus cars are a great value in their respective segments. However, I don't see how the quality is any better than most of the competition. And they handle/feel much worse on average. I look at their cars as value/smart purchases, rather than a particularly emotional one.
Old 10-12-06, 11:26 AM
NovaIS350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ff_
Actually, I do realize that I've been rather troll-ish lately. And it's not to be mean. Just injecting a little dose of reality when too many people walk around with their LexusFanBoy blinders on.

We own 2 lexus cars (2006 IS and 2006 ES), and having come from BMWs and an S2000, I've found that there's really nothing that remarkable about the Lexus cars, beyond the perceived reliability, and what you get for your money. The Lexus cars are a great value in their respective segments. However, I don't see how the quality is any better than most of the competition. And they handle/feel much worse on average. I look at their cars as value/smart purchases, rather than a particularly emotional one.

total opposite for me, I came from a Mercedes Benz E320, C230 sport, ML500,
All were great cars...But something about the IS made me want it real bad...kind of like that girl in high school that everyone oogled over. I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds himself/herself staring out the window to make sure your baby is ok, or checking it out in different lighting conditions...I do it all the time. I just love the way this car looks, feels, and the way I feel when I'm driving it. It's a different feeling than driving my sisters M3 and my cousin's RX8...but thats just me.

Last edited by NovaIS350; 10-12-06 at 11:42 AM.
Old 10-12-06, 01:36 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by hapaboy
behind upper seat belt pivot, B-pillar rattle for me.
I have the same issue but it is intermittent and depends on the room temperature
Old 10-12-06, 01:40 PM
BounceNY
Lexus Test Driver

I dont know why, but people keep asking me to drive them places...
Old 10-12-06, 01:53 PM
07Txlex
Pole Position

I have an 07 and my rearview vibrates so bad I cannot see out of it. Now that I put the subs in the trunk it does it even worse and is the ONLY thing that rattles.. So wish I knew how to fix it
Old 10-12-06, 02:06 PM
ff_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 07Txlex
I have an 07 and my rearview vibrates so bad I cannot see out of it. Now that I put the subs in the trunk it does it even worse and is the ONLY thing that rattles.. So wish I knew how to fix it
Every rearview mirror on the planet does this when subjected to heavy bass. Do you guys know what "sound" is?
Old 10-12-06, 02:09 PM
07Txlex
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ff_
Every rearview mirror on the planet does this when subjected to heavy bass. Do you guys know what "sound" is?
Actually with the radio off the rearview mirror vibrates to the point where you cannot see out of it when any bump in the road is encountered.. Of course it will shake with bass, I know that BUT it should not make a audible noise, none of my other cars have inculding the 300 which the system came directly from.. I just wish someone had a fix
Old 10-12-06, 02:20 PM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 07Txlex
Actually with the radio off the rearview mirror vibrates to the point where you cannot see out of it when any bump in the road is encountered.. Of course it will shake with bass, I know that BUT it should not make a audible noise, none of my other cars have inculding the 300 which the system came directly from.. I just wish someone had a fix
Have you tried tightening it? I've yet to find a rear-view mirror I could not tighten... If the mount bearing is loose, ask the dealership for a new one.
Old 10-12-06, 02:31 PM
Poman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Jherb350
You should have a light on your 06 mine does, it's up under the rear window shelf on the right side I believe.

As for bugs I had about a million of them:

Oh and my drivers seat rocks back and forth during acceleration and braking
TRAGEDY!!! That must be from the Turnpike. Please wash it ASAP! I travel turnpike often too for work and wash my car everyday after. That looks painful. I hope it's clean now!

Quick Reply: Survey of 06 & 07 2IS Bugs.