IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

i want a new grille!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-06 | 03:18 PM
jsquared
Lexus Test Driver

Default i want a new grille!

so apparently, no one has a replacement grille other than the billet ones. the blitz one that someone posted before is $$$$ and i called the company who was advertising it and they said its a special order from japan. so if i wanted the blitz grille, it would be $800 and a 2-3 month wait!!! it looks great, but it costs a lot and its a long wait. and also, if there was a matching bottom grille, that would be even better.

ps, i think element114 has one, but the bezel (outer part) is a little too big it looks like its steel? (maybe its just painted) and the mesh doesn't hide the horn and stuff behind the grille well enough.

so if anyone knows, please let us know... thanks!

-jonathan
Old 10-12-06 | 03:45 PM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by jsquared
so apparently, no one has a replacement grille other than the billet ones. the blitz one that someone posted before is $$$$ and i called the company who was advertising it and they said its a special order from japan. so if i wanted the blitz grille, it would be $800 and a 2-3 month wait!!! it looks great, but it costs a lot and its a long wait. and also, if there was a matching bottom grille, that would be even better.

ps, i think element114 has one, but the bezel (outer part) is a little too big it looks like its steel? (maybe its just painted) and the mesh doesn't hide the horn and stuff behind the grille well enough.

so if anyone knows, please let us know... thanks!

-jonathan

Wait a few weeks....and buy my custom grill. And, it's Matador red....well, sorta.
Old 10-12-06 | 04:29 PM
6MTIS250
Driver

i just ordered mine for 510$ usd from jp yesterday
a fd at jap helped me ordered
2 month wait
Old 10-12-06 | 05:17 PM
Wests
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 6MTIS250
i just ordered mine for 510$ usd from jp yesterday
a fd at jap helped me ordered
2 month wait
Yeah, the Blitz grille only retails for $500 in Japan. Bulletproof just likes to massively rip people off.
Old 10-12-06 | 07:57 PM
jsquared
Lexus Test Driver

hmm so now... does anyone know where else to get the blitz grille? unfortunately, i have no friends/ties in japan. bulletproof said they haven't sold one yet and i don't wanna spend $300 more than i have to.
Old 10-12-06 | 10:02 PM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

I made this one from my stock grill. Once my E114 grill is done, I'll be selling this one.....no idea of price.

Old 10-12-06 | 10:52 PM
johung
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MrMark
I made this one from my stock grill. Once my E114 grill is done, I'll be selling this one.....no idea of price.

im gonna steal your idea! Great Job.
Old 10-12-06 | 11:28 PM
Wests
Lead Lap

hmm so now... does anyone know where else to get the blitz grille? unfortunately, i have no friends/ties in japan. bulletproof said they haven't sold one yet and i don't wanna spend $300 more than i have to.
I know Super Autobacs can get Blitz parts. I'm gonna go down there tomorrow and see if I can get them to order me one.
Old 10-12-06 | 11:44 PM
jsquared
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Wests
I know Super Autobacs can get Blitz parts. I'm gonna go down there tomorrow and see if I can get them to order me one.
alright... please let me know how that goes, with price, etc. according to the blitz website and currency conversion, its something like $573 for the grille.

i found out element114 has one for $795 or something like that but i can only get the matching bottom part if i buy their body kit
Old 10-13-06 | 01:57 AM
cspec
Lexus Champion

Any pictures of E114 parts?
Old 10-13-06 | 02:10 AM
jsquared
Lexus Test Driver

anyone know if the blitz grille fits inside the oem outer bezel? i would hate to have wasted my color match... the pic on bulletproof's site looks like it fits in which would be perfect, and there seems to be a molding for the emblem... i'd hate to waste the bp front emblem as well.
Old 10-13-06 | 03:23 AM
Wests
Lead Lap

anyone know if the blitz grille fits inside the oem outer bezel? i would hate to have wasted my color match... the pic on bulletproof's site looks like it fits in which would be perfect, and there seems to be a molding for the emblem... i'd hate to waste the bp front emblem as well.
Im pretty sure it replaces the entire grille.
Old 10-13-06 | 07:09 PM
Wests
Lead Lap

I talked to Super Autobacs today and they can get it for around $700 shipped.
Old 10-13-06 | 07:31 PM
jsquared
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Wests
I talked to Super Autobacs today and they can get it for around $700 shipped.
did they say anything about how the grille is placed? i want to know if it fits inside the original outer bezel. like i said before i don't want to waste my painted grille. oh and how long is shipping? it might be worth it, save $100 compared to bulletproof. still not sure though...
Old 10-13-06 | 09:29 PM
Wests
Lead Lap

did they say anything about how the grille is placed? i want to know if it fits inside the original outer bezel. like i said before i don't want to waste my painted grille. oh and how long is shipping? it might be worth it, save $100 compared to bulletproof. still not sure though...
It replaces the entire grille, they said shipping would be 4-6 weeks

Quick Reply: i want a new grille!