IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Spoiler question

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-06, 01:18 PM
CHAPIN33
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spoiler question

Hey guys! i am new in this forum and i would like to see if somebody can advise me.
I have an IS250 without spoiler and would like to get one, is it better to buy it from dealer and have somebody installet? dealer price is $235.00+tax, installation at a body shop $100.00.
Or do you know where to get it for cheaper price and installe it at a cheaper price. Or know how to installe it your self.

I appreciate any advise.
Old 10-13-06, 01:43 PM
omggimme
Driver School Candidate

I was in the same situation, I wanted the stock spoiler but didn't want to pay dealer mark up. I found a reputable Lexus seller on ebay, ordered the spoiler ($188) and all-weather floormats ($69) both claiming to be genuine Lexus parts. I got the parts within a week, the spoiler box had the Lexus logo, was painted the exact color of the car (Tungsten Pearl) and the floor mats had the logo on them. I was very pleased. Now, for the installation - which I haven't done as I'm still doing research. I'm in the bay area, I found 2 body shops that will install the spoiler like the dealer (drilling into the trunk) both around $100. I also found an asian body shop who will cut the screws and use 3M tape for $100. If I only had these options, of course I'd drill into the trunk. But I'm still looking around. I wish I could do it myself, but being a girl I don't have the tools to take off the screws. I will probably go with the $100 drilling in the trunk option as I want to have it installed ASAP. Good luck!
Old 10-13-06, 01:51 PM
CHAPIN33
Pole Position

omggimme, thank you for your info., do you know if the ebay seller has more of them or it was just one piece. Also, do is it come with screws and installation instruction as well.
I would like to get his ebay info. if possible. once again thank you very much!
Old 10-13-06, 01:59 PM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i got mine from ebay as well... parkplacelexusgrapevine was the seller. paid about the same price as omggimme. they're always having auctions for the spoiler so just run a search on ebay. you can also check out our cl vendor, sewell lexus (http://www.lexus-parts.com/). spoiler might be cheaper there especially with the member discount.

i installed the spoiler myself by drilling. very easy job.. just took some time to double n triple check everything before i started drilling. box comes with all hardware, instructions and template for mounting the spoiler. you can also break off the screws and mount the spoiler with the 3m tape if you don't wanna drill. screws are easy to break off too.. i accidentally overtorqued one of em and it snapped right off.
Old 10-13-06, 02:05 PM
CHAPIN33
Pole Position

Thank you ULTIMaX99! i will check out the ebay site.
Old 10-13-06, 02:10 PM
omggimme
Driver School Candidate

yup that's who i got it from, their ebay handle is different and the actual website is slightly more expensive than the auctions. but DOH! they have clublexus discounts??? argh, i didn't mention it and already bought my goods. boo
Old 10-13-06, 02:19 PM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by omggimme
yup that's who i got it from, their ebay handle is different and the actual website is slightly more expensive than the auctions. but DOH! they have clublexus discounts??? argh, i didn't mention it and already bought my goods. boo
You did fine. The 10% CL discount is good only on Sewell's website if you order online. I find that their ebay auctions are cheaper if you can get it at the original bid price. If you're really patient, wait till they have a Group Buy or special promotion (like they had this past summer). I got my G-Spider rims and illuminated scuffplates from them . . .
Old 10-13-06, 02:38 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

I bought mine from Park Place lexus on ebay last week for $200 after shipping costs. I ordered it on 10/09 got here on 10/11. Thats FAST shipping. I am having a body shop install it tomorrow for about $100 as well.
Old 10-14-06, 03:30 AM
ISbb
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I installed mine myself it easy and don't need to drille at all!! No holes!! $100 for installation!? Really just 3M tapes...no more... I done it in what 5mins for the tapes placement and 1min for putting it on...
Old 10-14-06, 01:42 PM
frylai
Driver

mmmmm.... I hope it is okay to do this, but I have one for sale here...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...21#post2179921

If not mods just delete it but just want to get rid of an unwanted item. Oh and BTW if you are not good with drilling holes on your own trunk get a bodyshop to do it! Peace!

Matt =)
Old 10-14-06, 02:04 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Got mine done today! Went to A&L Body Shop in Palatine. Install went well and I highly recommend them. Had to deviate from the instructions slightly, but got it done and I'm happy.

Old 10-14-06, 02:19 PM
akkord
Driver

I paid $180 shipped for my OEM spoiler...$20 install @ body shop in So CA /w holes drilled as I don't want it yanked off and don't plan on taking it off.
Old 10-14-06, 04:32 PM
DrShoe
Lead Lap

I have a question, I have the lip spoiler on my IS that came from the factory-- is it drilled on or just taped on by Lexus?
Old 10-14-06, 05:20 PM
akkord
Driver

Originally Posted by DrShoe
I have a question, I have the lip spoiler on my IS that came from the factory-- is it drilled on or just taped on by Lexus?
Most likely drilled if from factory.
Old 10-14-06, 09:32 PM
omggimme
Driver School Candidate

$20 install is really good...everyone i've asked up here (norcal) seems to want around $100.. again, i would do it myself if i could take off the screws..

Quick Reply: Spoiler question