IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Best place to buy a new IS350

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-06, 08:51 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverLexo
Hey bro, thanks a lot for your input. I think they have offered me a good deal and I think I'm the kind of guy that would be happier getting much more off the msrp driving a "new" 2006. I also think that you are right, I can probably get a little more off. Why settle for the first offer they throw out there, there's always room to negotiate on the first offer, right? The packages they offered have 18" wheels so I'm assuming its the more expensive lux package.
Absolutely!! Never take the first offer, good move...

And yes, your 2006 will be brand new, since no one has ever owned it, but I want you to go in there with the attitude that it's a used car... Never look "happy" or "satisfied"... Never act like the dealer is giving you a good deal... Always show them you are disgruntled... It works to your advantage, trust me...

Once the paperwork is signed, and all is done, then you can be nice and friendly and say "Thanks for the great deal, etc...", but until it's 100% over, keep your poker face on and always act a little disappointed, like they are screwing you over

I think you're all set man, keep us posted and good luck!
Old 10-14-06, 11:12 PM
SilverLexo
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Proud owner of a "new" IS350. They would not go any less than $38k (I even left and told them I was over it). I called back and asked if he could drop the price a little more and he said his pants were already down, so I asked for another quarter off the financing and to throw in factory spider wheels for $1k ($3k option). Got the deal and I'm really happy about it. I got the car for a little over $8k off the MSRP if you include the $2995 sticker price on the rims.
Old 10-15-06, 07:09 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Proud owner of a "new" IS350. They would not go any less than $38k (I even left and told them I was over it). I called back and asked if he could drop the price a little more and he said his pants were already down, so I asked for another quarter off the financing and to throw in factory spider wheels for $1k ($3k option). Got the deal and I'm really happy about it. I got the car for a little over $8k off the MSRP if you include the $2995 sticker price on the rims.
Sweet!!!! Congratulations man!!! $8k off MSRP on an 06 is a good deal!! Glad you worked them for the extra discount on financing and the rims
Old 10-15-06, 10:33 PM
SilverLexo
Lead Lap

Thanks again for all the advice. I knew it was a good deal when I went in there the second time with my buddy who is a car broker. He happened to personally know the GM who told him he was pissed about that deal and he made no money on it. My friend said he knows that guy well and he had to have made "something" on it, but not much at all...maybe a loss on the invoice backed by factory incentives to move the 06's. Funny thing is my friend told me there are basically zero 350's at any of the auctions otherwise I would have had him pick one up there.
Old 10-16-06, 05:18 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Thanks again for all the advice. I knew it was a good deal when I went in there the second time with my buddy who is a car broker. He happened to personally know the GM who told him he was pissed about that deal and he made no money on it. My friend said he knows that guy well and he had to have made "something" on it, but not much at all...maybe a loss on the invoice backed by factory incentives to move the 06's. Funny thing is my friend told me there are basically zero 350's at any of the auctions otherwise I would have had him pick one up there.
Well, very few, if any people would want an 06 when the 07s are everywhere.... So the only way for them to move an 06 is to give $8k off MSRP... No, they are not making "much" on the deal, but even if they make ZERO, they are not losing anything, and they get to move a car off the lot, which is good for them, makes room for one more 07 which they can sell at a profit...

Win-Win situtation is the best result of any negotiation, and you got one... Great job! Post pics!
Old 10-16-06, 04:25 PM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

Nice job, 38k for a new '06 IS350 Lux ML/Nav is sweet - what color ? Which dealer ? In SoCal, they aren't allocating Lux or Sport pkgs yet, so the best equipped '07 IS you can get off the lot is a X pkg w/nav (no ML), anything else is a special order. Don't feel bad for the dealer, even if they did sell your IS at invoice, they kept the holdback (apprx 1300) and they made money on the G-spiders they sold you - remember, your IS already comes w/18" rims, so all they did was swap out the stockers for the G-spiders and charged you 1,000 for it. They'll get retail when they sell the stock 18's, and the G-spider rims prolly cost apprx 650 . . .
Old 10-16-06, 10:36 PM
SilverLexo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by socalJD
Nice job, 38k for a new '06 IS350 Lux ML/Nav is sweet - what color ? Which dealer ? In SoCal, they aren't allocating Lux or Sport pkgs yet, so the best equipped '07 IS you can get off the lot is a X pkg w/nav (no ML), anything else is a special order. Don't feel bad for the dealer, even if they did sell your IS at invoice, they kept the holdback (apprx 1300) and they made money on the G-spiders they sold you - remember, your IS already comes w/18" rims, so all they did was swap out the stockers for the G-spiders and charged you 1,000 for it. They'll get retail when they sell the stock 18's, and the G-spider rims prolly cost apprx 650 . . .
Feel bad for them? hehehe NEVER!! This went down at the mission viejo lexus. They had one more ML Nav 06 350, the rest were 07's with not nearly as good of deals, but still better than other stealerships I called around to.