IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Looking to Purchase 2007 IS 350

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-06, 07:04 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
texas doesnt normally get sport and ML, going to have to be a special order most likely.

I got my ML Sport by luck it was sitting on the lot at a local dealer
You got that right. I wanted NAV/ML and Sport package but Houston dealers said 'We don't get IS' with those options'. But one dealer had my eventual car sitting on the showroom floor. It had XM, ground effects, G-Spiders and other stuff. They had done a swap with a Colorado dealer and had it trailered down to Houston. Full MSRP was $49 large which must put it at the tippy top of the IS pyramid from a cost standpoint. Anyway, it's exactly what I was looking for and ended up driving it home that afternoon. At first I was disappointed with the black interior and metallic trim (thought I wanted cashmere and wood) but now I wouldn't have it any other way. The black and metallic fits the performance aspect perfectly, imo.
Old 10-17-06, 07:53 PM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Evitzee
At first I was disappointed with the black interior and metallic trim (thought I wanted cashmere and wood) but now I wouldn't have it any other way. The black and metallic fits the performance aspect perfectly, imo.
OMG, thank god you didn't do cashmere + wood... That's the total opposite of sport... Black + metallic is the ultimate sport look...
Old 10-19-06, 05:53 AM
Irishfan
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RocketGuy3
It's weird how much mixed feedback I've heard about this...

Some people say it's hard to get a significant discount (if any at all) on special orders, while some say it's EASIER to get a big discount on orders... Which is it??? I didn't order mine, so I didn't get any real experience with it.

EDIT: Irishfan, a Nav/ML 350 for 41K doesn't sound like 4.2K off MSRP... unless you got several other options/packages with it.

Right, luxury package, park assist, etc. Anyway, to the point of this thread, a 350 optioned as the OP wants seems to be easy to come by in the Chicago area. It may be worth the time to work out a deal via phone with someone outside of Texas, I know the IS doesn't move as quickly here as it does in other parts of the country, and you could drive it yourself or ship it for ~1.5K.
Old 10-19-06, 06:59 AM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Riva, I would be curious to see how this turns out. I am also shopping at Park Place and considering a special order since I want ML, but I don't plan on making my purchase for another two months or so.

I haven't had a chance to go to Sewell Lexus down on Lemmon and Mockingbird, but I am going to try and get over there.

Keep us posted.
Old 10-19-06, 07:03 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Buds
Riva, I would be curious to see how this turns out. I am also shopping at Park Place and considering a special order since I want ML, but I don't plan on making my purchase for another two months or so.

I haven't had a chance to go to Sewell Lexus down on Lemmon and Mockingbird, but I am going to try and get over there.

Keep us posted.
You are going to special order, which is 4 months of waiting. Are you going to place your order in two months or so? Or are you planning to buy and take delivery of the car in two months?
Old 10-19-06, 07:06 AM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Technique
You are going to special order, which is 4 months of waiting. Are you going to place your order in two months or so? Or are you planning to buy and take delivery of the car in two months?
I am planning on placing the order in two months. Just when my CD reaches maturity.
Old 10-19-06, 07:09 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

I am planning on placing the order in two months. Just when my CD reaches maturity.
Why not place the order now? You don't pay for the car until it arrives in 4 months...
Old 10-19-06, 07:13 AM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Why not place the order now? You don't pay for the car until it arrives in 4 months...
Mostly because I don't want to finance my car and most of my "new car" savings are tied up in several CD's. One matures in December and the other "big" one matures the first week of March. So ideally I'd like to have my car in March so I can pay for it all at once.
Old 10-19-06, 07:26 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Mostly because I don't want to finance my car and most of my "new car" savings are tied up in several CD's. One matures in December and the other "big" one matures the first week of March. So ideally I'd like to have my car in March so I can pay for it all at once.
Order now, get it in January, pay whatever you can in cash, get a car loan for the rest, pay off the loan in 2 months (March). 2 months of interest won't kill you

OK, I'm through pressuring you now
Old 10-19-06, 07:37 AM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Order now, get it in January, pay whatever you can in cash, get a car loan for the rest, pay off the loan in 2 months (March). 2 months of interest won't kill you

OK, I'm through pressuring you now
Lol. I can't tell you how hard it's been to be patient! Ever since I took my first test drive and especially since I found this forum, I've had that itch to buy it right away.
Old 10-19-06, 05:49 PM
knolex2001
Driver

Originally Posted by RocketGuy3
It's weird how much mixed feedback I've heard about this...

Some people say it's hard to get a significant discount (if any at all) on special orders, while some say it's EASIER to get a big discount on orders... Which is it??? I didn't order mine, so I didn't get any real experience with it.

EDIT: Irishfan, a Nav/ML 350 for 41K doesn't sound like 4.2K off MSRP... unless you got several other options/packages with it.
Depending on the dealer, it's usually easier to get a bigger discount on an ordered car than a lot car because they will sometimes view them as "bonus cars", and the profit is so many months away, they'll take a smaller deal. But a 3-4 month wait sucks!

Your best bet is to find a dealer with at least 3-10 of the 350's or 250's you want, and work with them, paitently, until you get $2000 - $2500 off. Another dealer may beat that by a couple hundred bucks, but nothing signifigant.

Last edited by knolex2001; 10-19-06 at 05:50 PM. Reason: bold/italic
Old 10-19-06, 06:52 PM
wushuboy
Driver

what do you guys think of this price on a special order? I can get a 2k discount off msrp. Do you guys think this is a good deal?
44800 - 2000 = 42800
+tax and lic = 46900 total

Let me know if i shoudl act on this

This is for an smg IS350 sports ML with Parking assist
Old 10-19-06, 07:23 PM
jman-is350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by wushuboy
what do you guys think of this price on a special order? I can get a 2k discount off msrp. Do you guys think this is a good deal?
44800 - 2000 = 42800
+tax and lic = 46900 total

Let me know if i shoudl act on this

This is for an smg IS350 sports ML with Parking assist
How long do you have to wait on your special order car?
Old 10-19-06, 07:27 PM
wushuboy
Driver

i am guessing 3-4 months like everyone else.
Old 10-20-06, 04:34 AM
Riva
Driver School Candidate

Hey Buds...It seems like Park Place Lexus in Plano won't get the Sport Package anytime soon but they do get the Luxury Package. I've opted to go for Luxury since that's common over in Dallas.

I also got in contact with Sewell Lexus near Love Field and was told that they have Luxury Packages available, too. I'll have to check out both dealers, but it seems to me that the Sewell Lexus dealer will have what I want sooner.

Quick Reply: Looking to Purchase 2007 IS 350