IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models
View Poll Results: Nav Buttons: Blue Or Gold?
Blue
86.64%
Gold
8.10%
Honey We're Lost. Wish I Had Nav!
5.26%
Voters: 247. You may not vote on this poll

Nav Buttons: Blue Or Gold

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-06, 09:44 AM
SportyStar
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bichon
Am I the only one here with illuminated steering controls?
No, I've got illuminated steering controls too. Although the green is not as bright as that of the center console, they are definitely illuminated.
Old 10-25-06, 10:02 AM
MatadorIS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SportyStar
No, I've got illuminated steering controls too. Although the green is not as bright as that of the center console, they are definitely illuminated.
Are we talking about the same controls? I'm thinking of the volume, voice recognition, etc. buttons on the left and right side of the steering wheel.
Old 10-25-06, 10:06 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 270 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by MatadorIS
Are we talking about the same controls? I'm thinking of the volume, voice recognition, etc. buttons on the left and right side of the steering wheel.
Yes, those are the ones. As for the brightness, SportyStar describes it perfectly.
Old 10-25-06, 10:50 AM
SportyStar
Driver

Originally Posted by MatadorIS
Yes. The intensity of illumination is relatively subtle though. I'd say it's about the same level of brightness as the lights on the power window/door lock buttons (which I wish were brighter).

Are your door/window switches illuminated, Matador? I wonder if the lighting circuit of the steering wheel and the door switches are connected in some way... Any thoughts, Bichon?
Old 10-25-06, 11:07 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Yes. The intensity of illumination is relatively subtle though. I'd say it's about the same level of brightness as the lights on the power window/door lock buttons (which I wish were brighter).
While they are dimmer than those on the center console, they are bright enough that I can see them easily in the dark, and bright enough that I never even noticed their level of illumination until I started participating in this thread. In my car, the only buttons that aren't illuminated are the fuel filler door and trunk release. (Sure wish they were )

Are your door/window switches illuminated, Matador? I wonder if the lighting circuit of the steering wheel and the door switches are connected in some way... Any thoughts, Bichon?
It's certainly possible that they are on the same circuit, though my guess would be that a connector was accidentally left unplugged during assembly. But I still maintain: the car is under warranty, so one might as well let the dealer troubleshoot and repair.
Old 10-25-06, 03:56 PM
SportyStar
Driver

While they are dimmer than those on the center console, they are bright enough that I can see them easily in the dark, and bright enough that I never even noticed their level of illumination until I started participating in this thread. In my car, the only buttons that aren't illuminated are the fuel filler door and trunk release. (Sure wish they were )
Funny thing, I never even noticed whether the steering wheel buttons were lighted either, until it was brought up in this thread. Last night I had to check to be sure. I agree, I wish the fuel door and trunk release buttons were lighted. It's an inconvenient location for those buttons in the first place. I had to memorize which was which by thinking "trunk starts with T, so the TOP button is for the trunk.

But I still maintain: the car is under warranty, so one might as well let the dealer troubleshoot and repair.
Good point. Let's hope it was just a few ISs that were affected with non-illuminated steering wheel buttons.
Old 10-25-06, 10:04 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

I had to memorize which was which by thinking "trunk starts with T, so the TOP button is for the trunk.
Great mnemonic! You'd think that after driving the car for 11 months that I'd remember which one was which, but instead I often find myself shining my puppy poop light (a.k.a. keychain flashlight) at the switches.
Old 01-17-07, 06:09 PM
MoLexus
Lexus Test Driver

I stick to blue but when my girlfriend comes in she goes to gold. "its cute!"
It doesn't make anysesne why they would just put green background lights for the buttons when the rest of the car has cool blue lights around the interior.
Old 01-17-07, 08:17 PM
Soda
Pole Position

Originally Posted by isgrrl
I switch between the two, I'm back to blue for now, until I get bored again
LoL! Me too!
Old 01-17-07, 08:24 PM
Soda
Pole Position

I have illuminated steering wheel buttons....I like to glance at them moving when turning a corner..
Old 10-10-07, 01:54 AM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

in the 1st day til now, i'm using gold.

and no I didnt revived this thread, someone voted.
Old 10-10-07, 06:36 PM
DropTopGal
Lead Lap

I like the gold. It looks sort of classy compared to the blue.
Old 10-11-07, 04:59 AM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this needs a newer poll
Old 10-11-07, 05:18 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DropTopGal
I like the gold.
I like turtles.
Old 11-09-07, 07:52 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow! Cant believe I never saw this thread. BLUE all the way. The gold is ugly and doesnt match anything IMO.

Quick Reply: Nav Buttons: Blue Or Gold