IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Rear Bumper Dent

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-06, 12:08 PM
markopharm
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Rear Bumper Dent

A couple of days ago my mom and dad stopped by. She parked her car in the driveway behind mine. Minutes later my dad opened the door and said "your mom hit your car". I laughed and said "good one dad". Then he said it again and I realized he wasn't joking. When I looked outside I saw the damage. She bumped my rear bumper which left two indentions in the bumper (from the license plate bolts on her car). The damage isn't severe and ill have to post pics, but I wanted to know where I should take it to be repaired. I live near Cleveland, OH.

--------------------
2006 IS350
Smoky Granite Mica
ML/Nav
Old 10-17-06, 12:27 PM
dngo27
Driver

doh, mark.

sucks to hear your story. sorry i don't know any shops in your area.

two weeks ago, a friend of a friend backed into my car and left a nice 4" scratch on my front bumper. i've had the car for 6 months, no dings, marks or scratches of any kind until now. Even more painful is that it happened in front of my house as I watched from my bedroom window. By the time I ran outside, the 'friend of a friend' had taken off. To make a long story short, I have not chosen not to pursue the issue, because i want peace in my house.

again, i feel your pain.
Old 10-17-06, 12:43 PM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by markopharm
A couple of days ago my mom and dad stopped by. She parked her car in the driveway behind mine. Minutes later my dad opened the door and said "your mom hit your car". I laughed and said "good one dad". Then he said it again and I realized he wasn't joking. When I looked outside I saw the damage. She bumped my rear bumper which left two indentions in the bumper (from the license plate bolts on her car). The damage isn't severe and ill have to post pics, but I wanted to know where I should take it to be repaired. I live near Cleveland, OH.

--------------------
2006 IS350
Smoky Granite Mica
ML/Nav
OMG that's awful. My mom wouldn't hear the end of it! Is she going to pay for it?
Old 10-17-06, 01:04 PM
Redpaste
Lead Lap

Mark, I had a similar problem to yours, but I guess mine was worse. About two weeks ago, a lady backed into my car and put a golf ball size dent in my bumper, right on the drivers side. The thing is it also hit my parking sensor. Total damages are about $860. I asked for a whole new bumper and replacement of the sensor. Going in tomorrow to have it fixed. They said it will take 2 days.

Oh and the lady tried to take off, my dad who was in the car sleeping chased her down. I was in the doctors office.