IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Haters!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-06, 03:11 PM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SilverLexo
I was on the Mazda site and posted on a thread about payment prices. I said my IS350 payment is over twice as much as my Mazda3's payment but the IS is 3 times better. I got a lot of hate thrown back at me for that one. What is wrong with people and their $h!tty cars??? My Mazda3 is a piece of junk next to the Lex. I mean it's a good car for the money..cheap as hell, but come on, how can you argue that a Mazda3 is better than an IS350?
If that's what you said on the other Website, it sounds to me like you led with your chin.
Old 10-18-06, 03:14 PM
LexFather

Guys and Gals, let us all step back from the computer for a second. Some of us are acting like he just e-mailed young teenage men for "favors".

Take a deep breathe, relax...there......

Some of you didn't even READ what he said before blasting him.

This is the internet, things get manipulated and misinterpreted. People also love to put on their "my stuff does not stink" costume.

SilverLexo, can you share some pros and cons between the 2 cars and why u chose the 2? Thanks.

Old 10-18-06, 03:31 PM
SilverLexo
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LeslieRC
If that's what you said on the other Website, it sounds to me like you led with your chin.
Oh man I didnt say that at all on their site.
Old 10-18-06, 03:32 PM
newr
Lexus Champion

can you post the link of the thread you posted on the Mazda forum that started all this?
Old 10-18-06, 03:34 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by newr
can you post the link of the thread you posted on the Mazda forum that started all this?
No he cannot b/c we don't allow cross forum post wars on this site. Feel free to look for yourself.

If that link is posted here, I am going to edit it.

Old 10-18-06, 03:53 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have to admit, i have posted on other forums and i don't own a related car.

the forums: g20.net (used to own one) and scionlife.com.

I don't own a scion but i'm thinking about buying one and that is why i went over there...

i intro'd myself over there and said i was new to the scion world but not to the modding world and listed off my car and the mods. didn't get flamed at all. the scionlife.com members are pretty nice people and it's nice to see how many different ways an xb can be modded.

Sooooooooo - sounds like you need to work on your onlnie diplomacy. either that or sell the mazda and buy an xb!
Old 10-18-06, 03:54 PM
SilverLexo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Guys and Gals, let us all step back from the computer for a second. Some of us are acting like he just e-mailed young teenage men for "favors".

Take a deep breathe, relax...there......

Some of you didn't even READ what he said before blasting him.

This is the internet, things get manipulated and misinterpreted. People also love to put on their "my stuff does not stink" costume.

SilverLexo, can you share some pros and cons between the 2 cars and why u chose the 2? Thanks.
LOL FUNNY ISH!!
Once again, THANK YOU! It's nice to see someone doesnt have their head in the clouds.

Pros for the Mazda3:
Cheap sticker price (I got mine for a tad over invoice at $15,500, that is for the model just above the strippy model)
Keep in mind that these are features on basically the base model (you'll pay 3-4g's more on the civic to get the same features)
4 wheel disc brakes that stop well
Alloy wheels
Stereo controls on the steering wheel
Decent power for the price
Good radio reception
Stereo sounds pretty good for base model stock car audio
HUGE amounts of interior storage space, I swear you could fit a midget in the glove box.

Cons:
Not much driver seat room...I'm 6'1" and I've caught myself trying to put the seat back farther than it will go on about 5 or 6 occasions, I guess I keep thinking it will go back farther one day, lol.
I also seem to have no place to put my left leg unless I'm shifting, pretty annoying
Seats are relatively uncomfortable
The car makes a very loud humming noise at speeds over 90 (long trips can be annoying)
Not the greatest gas mileage for an "econo car"
Get no respect on the road...people cut me off in this thing all the time in bigger, faster more respected vehicles...it sucks to say, but it's the truth driving in south orange county.

My biggest beef with the Mazda3 is that it just isn’t comfortable to sit in for long periods…maybe if I was 6 inches shorter it wouldn’t be so bad.

So far the only things I dont like about the IS350 is that the interior storage space blows...very limited glove and center console space and the center console seems to take on scratches pretty easily. These are tow things I can deal with. The things I particularly like on the IS: power, technology, and exterior aesthetics.

Again, IMO I think both cars are top of their class. But I said it before and I’ll say it again as the price and class would suggest, the IS350 is superior, you cant even compare the two.

BTW, I got flamed way harder on this site. At the end of the day, they’re just cars. But to me it’s ignorant to state something like "the SAE rated 300hp on the IS350 is a joke" (things said on the other forum).
Old 10-18-06, 04:18 PM
The Chad
Driver

Originally Posted by SilverLexo
I was on the Mazda site and posted on a thread about payment prices. I said my IS350 payment is over twice as much as my Mazda3's payment but the IS is 3 times better. I got a lot of hate thrown back at me for that one. What is wrong with people and their $h!tty cars??? My Mazda3 is a piece of junk next to the Lex. I mean it's a good car for the money..cheap as hell, but come on, how can you argue that a Mazda3 is better than an IS350?
I have read all the posts in this thread, and I do agree that if you've had both cars, then you have a right to compare them and to post on both forums about your comparison.

The problem I suppose I have, along with others' posts, is that if you took the same tone on that site as you did making this post "HATERS!!!!" and "What is wrong with people and their $h!tty cars???" (btw - getting around the swear filter), then I could see how the people on that forum got defensive.

There's a diplomatic way to compare a more inexpensive car to a more expensive one. But this is the internet, and you can say whatever you want.

But if the Mazda 3 is a piece of crap, why did you buy one initially? If you compare features of your IS and your Mazda 3, yes, the IS is superior. It's supposed to be, that's why it is more expensive. But if someone is looking for a fun, reliable way to get from point A to point B, or is on a limited budget, of for whatever reason, the Mazda 3 is by no means junk. I'm also sure you don't think it's junk either.

I'm not hating on you either, I'm just trying to explain why some people may have took offense to what you said.

All of that being said, assuming you had no ill intentions with your post (which I believe you did not), there are some people on some forums that hate when people move up in the world. I had a J-Body at one point (don't laugh), and on that forum if anyone but something nicer they'd be called sellouts and would get hated on. I went through that ridicule when I switched to the S2000. Most people respected the change, some did not. Cost of doing business. The internet is an amazing tool for talking trash and not having to back it up because you're sitting behind a computer screen. I wouldn't get so bent out of shape if someone on another forum is hating on your car. You like your car, you have a forum where you can share that love without hate, just be happy
Old 10-18-06, 05:48 PM
SugarRush
Pit Crew

I was on ClubLexus site and posted on a thread about payment prices.
I said my IS250 payment is over twice as much as my Mazda3's payment but the Mazda is 3 times better.
My Lexus IS is a piece of junk next to the Mazda3.
Please throw a lot of love at me??
What is wrong with members of this forum and their $ 3$,$$$ cars???

^ Reverse psychology indeed
I am sure I will get flame!

Last edited by SugarRush; 10-18-06 at 06:09 PM.
Old 10-18-06, 05:58 PM
Dumbfanboy
Driver School Candidate

Some of you guys need to take an intro psych course and learn about something called perceptions.

This whole argument is fundementally flawed; people are always going to like different things and will most of the time react defensively when someone tries to talk down to them. Why do it in the first place? You just look like a ****...
Old 10-18-06, 07:26 PM
viettho
Lead Lap

yup, perceptions, that's what it's called.
Old 10-18-06, 08:28 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,953 Likes on 2,394 Posts

BTW, I bought a Scion tC over the Mazda for all the reasons you mentioned, except the tC was comfortable enough for me (6'2" x 230 lbs) to drive from Sacramento to Atlanta and back in two 37 hour continuous trips over 5 days. With a co-pilot of course. It wasn't the IS, but it wasn't uncomfortable either.

I would not have bought the IS if it weren't for the need to cart C level execs to lunch for my job. And I don't mind the 3" less leg room in the IS because they're sitting back there, not me.
Old 10-18-06, 08:43 PM
LexFather

The next person that calls someone a name is getting a warning.

Old 10-18-06, 09:08 PM
vin 78
Lexus Test Driver

Please stop looking down on a car just b/c its cheaper...the Mazda 3 is actually a pretty nice car.
Cheaper does not always mean junk. Even if it is, you might want to learn some manners, and recall the old saying "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all."
Some of these owners are probably kids and thats all they can afford, it probably means the world to them. And when you use phrases such as "my car is 3 times better" it probably hurts.
Use some common sense and proper etiquette - this is why some says that Lexus owners are pompous and conceited.

My 2 cents
Old 10-18-06, 09:26 PM
omgitsroy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

i agree... we all had a a cheaper (price) car before and if didn't we were most likely spoiled by our parents. ( There are some rare cases though. ) Nowadays ... luxory cars are a status thing in society. I dind't purchase this car for status... i puchased it because i liked it. People should realize that some aren't as fortunate ...

I give props to anyone that pays for their own car and own insurance etc... no matter how much the value of the car. It's their own hard earned money. People shouldn't be rude about it... btw i was really close to purchasing a Mazda 3.. i think it's a very sexy bang for the buck car (hatchy... not the sedan.

Quick Reply: Haters!!