IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Haters!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-06, 05:15 AM
ff_
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kilo6_one
everyone hates everyone, the german car guys hate us, we hate them, toyota drivers hate honda drivers and vice versa, people are so wrapped up in themselves its pitifull, but dont go trolling a mazda site for complements on your lexus..........
I don't know which post is worse. The original one in this thread, or yours. Man, what's with the immature attitude?
Old 10-19-06, 07:23 AM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverLexo
I was on the Mazda site and posted on a thread about payment prices. I said my IS350 payment is over twice as much as my Mazda3's payment but the IS is 3 times better. I got a lot of hate thrown back at me for that one. What is wrong with people and their $h!tty cars??? My Mazda3 is a piece of junk next to the Lex. I mean it's a good car for the money..cheap as hell, but come on, how can you argue that a Mazda3 is better than an IS350?
I'd say the issue stems from what you would like to call 'better'. Many individuals see the IS, or any premium luxury brand as being overpriced, with unecessary features, and too expensive for what is essentially a vehicle to transport you from point A to B. The only reason you pay twice as much for your IS, is because Toyota and the dealer priced it higher... 'Better' is largely subjective, and for many people what's 'better' is stricly defined by the amount of value they can get for what their budget allows...and that's why you caught heat. Basically, just being insensitive to their situation.

"What is wrong with people and their $h!tty cars???" <--Honeslty, I wouldn't expect that to go over well with most people, given the reputation that premium brands already carry.
Old 10-19-06, 08:19 AM
newr
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
The next person that calls someone a name is getting a warning.
You can't be serious!.. You have had your fair share of calling people names so please don't preach what you can't deliver.
Old 10-19-06, 08:27 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 161 Likes on 137 Posts

I was on the Mazda site and posted on a thread about payment prices. I said my IS350 payment is over twice as much as my Mazda3's payment but the IS is 3 times better. I got a lot of hate thrown back at me for that one. What is wrong with people and their $h!tty cars??? My Mazda3 is a piece of junk next to the Lex. I mean it's a good car for the money..cheap as hell, but come on, how can you argue that a Mazda3 is better than an IS350?
Take it to the track.
Old 10-19-06, 08:36 AM
SilverLexo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by newr
You can't be serious!.. You have had your fair share of calling people names so please don't preach what you can't deliver.
I think that as a mod he can preach and deliver whatever he deems reasonable, which IMO his request is more than reasonable. Sounds like you're trying to get served.
People here seem to be quick to spout off about how immature or disrespectful someone else is, then they go and resort to immediate name calling. Same thing goes for calling someone ignorant while you're spouting off about a subject you don’t even know the full story on. What is the definition of ignorant, again? A lot of both has gone on in this thread, I have resorted to neither.

1SickLex, since I created it, I would just assume you close this thread. It’s really going nowhere and now you have people blatantly disrespecting the authorities of this site. I should have had more tact in composing the original post, but I’d have a hard time agreeing that the name callers and truly ignorant posters have had much more tact in their replies.
Old 10-19-06, 08:41 AM
newr
Lexus Champion

for the record, i was not calling anyone name
Old 10-19-06, 11:54 AM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Shinobi-X
The only reason you pay twice as much for your IS, is because Toyota and the dealer priced it higher...
I don't agree with this at all. Manufacturers and dealers don't just set prices however they feel like and hope people will buy the cars. If the Mazda 3 and the Lexus IS cost the same, almost no one would buy the Mazda. If the IS350 and the Mercedes S550 cost the same, almost no one would buy the IS350. Manufacturers and dealers set the price based on a number of things, including how expensive the car is to make, prices of comparable cars, and probably a lot of other factors. It's ridiculous to say that the dealer/company has complete pricing power over their product. In a free market economy, no one has that power.

I agree that people will have different interpretations of what is a good value and what is a better choice for them personally. But at some point you can pretty objectively say that Car A should cost more than Car B.
Old 10-19-06, 12:32 PM
kilo6_one
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ff_
I don't know which post is worse. The original one in this thread, or yours. Man, what's with the immature attitude?

I hope you did not read too much into it, because its a sacrasctic statement, if you go on other forums they seem bash anyone who is different. Im not implying we/ myself or others are like that.

sorry for the confusion
i had a scion Tc for over a year and loved it, but i originally bought it for my wife who did not like it, so i sold that and got a truck, i looked at the mazda 3 and thought it was a well engineered car for the money and looked nice and was well built. But got the Tc becuase it was more "sporty" so to speak.

But I still feel its not the best thing to do and troll other forums looking for a postive reinforcement for something that is not what the forum is about.

Last edited by kilo6_one; 10-19-06 at 12:38 PM.
Old 10-19-06, 02:04 PM
SilverLexo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by diablo1
I don't agree with this at all. Manufacturers and dealers don't just set prices however they feel like and hope people will buy the cars. If the Mazda 3 and the Lexus IS cost the same, almost no one would buy the Mazda. If the IS350 and the Mercedes S550 cost the same, almost no one would buy the IS350. Manufacturers and dealers set the price based on a number of things, including how expensive the car is to make, prices of comparable cars, and probably a lot of other factors. It's ridiculous to say that the dealer/company has complete pricing power over their product. In a free market economy, no one has that power.

I agree that people will have different interpretations of what is a good value and what is a better choice for them personally. But at some point you can pretty objectively say that Car A should cost more than Car B.
One of the more intelligent replies thus far. Thank you for that.
Old 10-19-06, 02:25 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by newr
U have a problem with me, PM me.

1SickLex, since I created it, I would just assume you close this thread. It’s really going nowhere and now you have people blatantly disrespecting the authorities of this site. I should have had more tact in composing the original post, but I’d have a hard time agreeing that the name callers and truly ignorant posters have had much more tact in their replies.
Now closed.