Lexus Dealership Oil Change Cost?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-06, 06:58 AM
Traturn
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tammy

They will stock the correct oil filter.
Maybe, maybe not. the RWD cars take an A3 filter, the AWD cars take an A2 filter. As i've seen, the Toyota GRSFE cars use the 04152-YZZA1 filters that is common with the RX&ES350's.

I have had Toyota dealers purchace A2/A3 filters from me, this is why I am not certain that they have the correct filter.

If they do, which Toyotas use the 04152-YZZA2/04152-YZZA3 filters?
Old 10-19-06, 01:29 PM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

I read somewhere on this forum that there were different filter part #'s b/w a 250 & 350. I wonder if this is still true now that Toyota switched to the YZZA series filters - can anyone confirm if the filters are still different b/w a 250 & 350 ???
Old 10-19-06, 01:33 PM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Evitzee
Yeah, but didn't you grab some of the free pastries, cupcakes and juice at the Lexus dealer when you paid for the paint? At my dealer they charged me $11 and the service counter is right next to the table where they keep all the free food for folks waiting to get their cars serviced.

LOL.. Yeah, but my Lexus dealership is like 100+ miles away. So, Toyota still FTW. Besides, my Toyota place still treats you like Lexus customer.. Its good for people to know who you are by what you drive. Hehe.
Old 10-19-06, 05:03 PM
CHAPIN33
Pole Position

i live in woodland hills , CA - lexus dealer = $55.00, toyota dealer = $30.00
i went to toyota , i dont see why i should spend more money if toyota give me the same service.
Old 10-20-06, 03:24 PM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

Not sure if I'll go to the Toytota dealer or not, I'm a lil' **** about maintenance and I want to know which brand/weight oil they use and if they truly use the correct filter part#. I'm sure the filter element from a Camry or Avalon can *fit* in the IS, but is it really the correct part# ??? I'll probably have my local independent shop do my oil changes, I know they'll use the correct genuine parts and I can specify which oil to use, plus they don't mind if I stand around while they work on the car . . .
Old 10-20-06, 03:31 PM
dkaplan435
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MrLexIS350
I'm just curious how much you guys are paying for an oil change on your
IS350. I'm originally from Bakersfield, CA. and the Lexus dealership there wanted to charge me $180 just for an oil change. I got my complimentary oil change there, but will never go back.

So, where are you from and how much are you paying for an oil change.
I think I paid about $40 at woodfield lexus in schaumburg
Old 10-20-06, 10:21 PM
ba-b4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

common an oil change is an oil change.. why not just bring it to the corner service station or firestones? 15 bucks with coupon!
Old 10-20-06, 10:35 PM
gshb
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you guys must have greedy dealers. my last oil change at westminster lexus was $38 (i supplied oil filter, another $5.50). even so, most other lexus dealers in so.cal charge $48. i actually called up a toyota dealer and they wanted to charge me $49 haha. anyway i bought oil filters in bulk so its all good.
Old 10-21-06, 01:30 AM
Zephyr
Lexus Test Driver

Dealer quote for me was around 80 bucks. So instead I just buy the oil myself and filter and go to my friend's shop to do it. Same price, just instead of Mobile 1, I put in Motul 300V... come to think of it, I'm due for an oil change.. do'h!
Old 10-21-06, 07:52 AM
Civic Si-r
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CHAPIN33
i live in woodland hills , CA - lexus dealer = $55.00, toyota dealer = $30.00
i went to toyota , i dont see why i should spend more money if toyota give me the same service.

Hey neighbor, I Live in wooland hills as well!!!! R U talkin' about Vista Lexus??? Which Toyota dealership did u take the car to???
Old 10-21-06, 08:04 AM
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ba-b4
common an oil change is an oil change.. why not just bring it to the corner service station or firestones? 15 bucks with coupon!
Sometimes, you really do get what you pay for. I'd just as soon not have the oil change jockey at the firestone dealer learning about the features on the IS with my car. You might also get some "bonus" oil stains on your steering wheel, door, seat, and carpet/mat, which will take your own time and money to remove. My time is valuable enough to me to just take it to the dealer and do it right. The Lexus dealer works on Lexus vehicles, and they're more likely to spot a problem than some 18 year old at Jiffy Lube who's more interested in up-selling me on a "premium" air filter than doing the friggin oil change.

The last time I went to a chain oil change shop, the guy walked into the room with my (brand new) air filter with a small oil stain on it from his fingers, and said, "What do you want to do about this?" Apparently, he thought I would want to pay $30 for one of their filters, even though I'd replaced mine les than a week ago. I calmly told him to put it back where he found it, and do the oil change.

I also particularly love it when I get back in my car, turn it on, and a different CD is playing, and the bass level is pushed to "max". Lexus dealers aren't perfect, but there's less chance of this stupidity happening at the dealer, in my experience.

YMMV.
Old 10-28-06, 02:30 AM
fly2low
Driver

So, what is the part number for IS350's oil filter. Does Toyota dealers carry them? Thanks.
Old 10-28-06, 04:43 AM
jinetix
Pole Position

I got my oil changed today after being 1500 miles overdue at a Toyota dealership. All the Lexus dealers wouldn't do walk-in and were booked for a week. I went to a Toyota dealer, and they changed the oil in 30 minutes for $29. They had the correct filter in stock and used the same oil. Also got a free 30pc tool set for signing up on their mailing list.. free hot dogs, nachos, and grilled chicken in front as well. This was at Kearny Mesa Toyota.. not bad for $29.
Old 10-28-06, 05:26 AM
conekiller
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by javyLSU
If you plan on going to a Toyota dealership for an oil change, I strongly suggest you call ahead and make an appointment, letting them know what parts they are going to need. I called three Toyota dealers near me and none of them stocked the oil filter element for the 2IS - they had to order them.

Javier
Second that...the nearest Toyota dealer is much closer than my Lexus dealer, so I thought I'd buy my filter elements from them. They don't stock them and the parts guy showed me how he couldn't even order the thing through his computer.

I can't imagine paying anyone to change the oil...I've always done the oil & filter on my cars myself. Filters cost me ~$5 and Mobil 1 runs about $40 for 7 quarts. With the Fumoto valve on my drain pan it's an even easier job.

Last edited by conekiller; 10-28-06 at 05:29 AM.
Old 10-28-06, 11:06 AM
cowdung
Rookie

I do it myself for all my cars, this way you know its done RIGHT! I always use either Redline or Mobil 1EP. The owner of the dealership and I are also business partners and if i go to the dealership its FREE but i still do it MYSELF!

Quick Reply: Lexus Dealership Oil Change Cost?