IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Dealerships - Northern VA area

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-06, 09:36 AM
homer4598
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealerships - Northern VA area

Okay, I'm looking to buy an IS350. I know that I'm going to have to order it to get the options that I want. I've already received a little info on potential good deals from the forum (thanks Technique!).

So, with that said, I'd like to hear dealership recommendations from members in this area. Obviously, I want the best price for the car without any BS games. But I'm also interested in the service departments too, since at the very least I'll be dealing with them for warranty issues.

Realistic range is from Baltimore to Richmond. I visited Pohanka yesterday (they responded to the www.carsdirect.com request that I made) and test drove a couple of cars. We haven't talked money yet.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
Old 10-20-06, 10:09 AM
NovaIS350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by homer4598
Okay, I'm looking to buy an IS350. I know that I'm going to have to order it to get the options that I want. I've already received a little info on potential good deals from the forum (thanks Technique!).

So, with that said, I'd like to hear dealership recommendations from members in this area. Obviously, I want the best price for the car without any BS games. But I'm also interested in the service departments too, since at the very least I'll be dealing with them for warranty issues.

Realistic range is from Baltimore to Richmond. I visited Pohanka yesterday (they responded to the www.carsdirect.com request that I made) and test drove a couple of cars. We haven't talked money yet.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
I was a previous owner of a Mercedes Benz E klasse, which I purchased from Euro Motor Cars in Bethesda, MD (2nd Largest Mercedes Benz dealership on east coast!!), so coming from such a prestigious dealership has really spoiled me. Lexus really can't compete with the type of tailored service and attention that Euro motor cars offers. Dealing with Lexus has taken some getting use to, but I can honestly say Lindsay Lexus and Pohanka Lexus are both good... I bought my 350 from Lindsay Lexus. They're in the process of renovating so things are kind of hectic. Pohanka Lexus treats you pretty well, they have starbucks coffee, free food, ice cream, etc. and the service is pretty sweet. The only thing I don't like is at both dealerships, if they see a young person with spikey hair and jeans...they will ignore you. They automatically assume that you are just looking and not serious in buying.
This happened to me at both places, it was not until i showed them my benz that they then jumped on me like a pack of hyenas. If you go to Lindsay lexus ask for alvin daniels, he is a straight shooter and will not BS you. he was the only guy who approached me like every other customer...great guy. He even calls you on your birthday to wish you a good one. PM me if you want his number.-> highly recommended

P.S. take your time, and make sure you compare the two dealerships before commiting. But Pohanka and Lindsay are the only two dealerships i would go to...dont even mess with rockville or whatever other dealerships are in MD.

Last edited by NovaIS350; 10-20-06 at 10:17 AM.
Old 10-20-06, 10:18 AM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NovaIS350
...dont even mess with rockville or whatever other dealerships are in MD.
Why not?

I've purchased 5 Lexus cars from Lexus of Silver Spring since 1995, and will probably puchase my 6th Lexus from them when the time comes. I've continued to go back to them because of the high levels of service I continue to receive, and because their staff have treated me with the utmost courtesy and respect from the very beginning.
Old 10-20-06, 10:21 AM
NovaIS350
Lexus Test Driver

well its a hassle to travel to MD for service when he/she can get equal or better service right in the great state of VA.
Old 10-20-06, 10:27 AM
ggarriso
Driver School Candidate

Just did exactly what you are planning to do..

Lindsay Lexus of Alexandria hands down
Old 10-20-06, 10:41 AM
NovaIS350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ggarriso
Just did exactly what you are planning to do..

Lindsay Lexus of Alexandria hands down
Ask for Al Daniels...he is the ****.
Old 10-20-06, 10:54 AM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NovaIS350
well its a hassle to travel to MD for service when he/she can get equal or better service right in the great state of VA.
Point well taken.

However, the quality of the service department is a major aspect that also should be factored into the choice of dealership and should not be overlooked. When I purchased my `05.5 A4 Quattro, which is my daily driver (I work in Virginia), I chose HBL Audi in Tysons Corner over Tischer, even though Tischer is less than 5 miles from my home, because I was so impressed with HBL's service department.

As far as Lexus dealerships in this area are concerned, I've had experience with only 2: Rockville Lexus (bad) and Lexus of Silver Spring (very good). I was shopping for a GS in `99, and went to Rockville Lexus where I was treated like a bum (literally): I had to wait 45 minutes to take a test drive; I was accompanied and told where to drive during the test drive; and I was told that "things were busy and that I should schedule an appointment." Whereupon I immediately went to Lexus of Silver Spring and purchased (in cash) a `99 GS300.

Lexus of Silver Spring will pick-up and deliver your Lexus for service if you are within a 35 miles radius of the dealership.

I once flattened 2 tyres on my `02 SC430 near Walter Reed Medical Center on 16th Street. Lexus Roadside Assistance left me stranded for 6 hours! I took a chance and telephoned Lexus of Silver Spring (where I had purchased the car) and the Sales Manager immediately sent a flatbed tow truck to my location, brought me and my car to the dealership, had a loaner waiting for me, took my car to NTW the next day, and had the car cleaned, brought back to the dealership and waiting for me that next afternoon.

I built a new house last year. My salesman not only came by to program the homelink and garage opener on my `04 SC and `04 GX, but also helped my wife hang pictures.
Old 10-20-06, 12:06 PM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

This discussion is moot. All dealerships are the same, meaning, I guarantee you that I could find DOZENS of examples of every single Lexus dealer in the area having screwed up someone's lexus. And DOZENS of examples of fine service. Every dealership you go to is hit or miss... There is no "great" dealership, you run the risk of having your car ruined almost the same at every dealership...

Also, where you buy the car from has little to no bearing on the service you get. Sales and service departments are totally separate at most dealerships. In fact, I've rarely serviced a car at the dealership I buy from because I usually drive into another state to get a good deal when I buy my car, and then when I am forced to take the car into a dealership for warranty work, I go to the closest dealership.
Old 10-20-06, 12:27 PM
NovaIS350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Technique
This discussion is moot.
Ha..you said moot. Ok im getting the hell out of work, happy friday you lucky sons of a woman.
Old 10-20-06, 01:23 PM
YADL
Driver School Candidate

Based on our experience with my wife's RX330, Pohanka is the best dealership I have ever seen. Its service department is open 7 days from 6 am to 11 pm. We have always been given an appointment on the day after we call. I'm sure that they screw up the occassional repair like every business run by human beings, but the service on our car has been flawless.
Old 10-22-06, 03:03 AM
your momma
Driver School Candidate

I bought my IS350 from Lexus of Rockville, I had heard bad things about them in the past, so I dreaded the visit, but to my surprise, they are under a new management for a year. I had a great experience, not pressured, allowed to test drive solo, the salesman spent 30 min with me before I drove off going over all the fine points and tricks of the car. Salesman name was Charlie. I didn't get the "best" deal, but I got a good one and it was easy and friendly. No experience with service dept. yet (thankfully)
Old 10-22-06, 05:24 AM
ekohn
Driver School Candidate

I had a lot of problems looking for people to deal with that didn't waste my time.

I went to pohanka and spoke with several people. What a waste of time.
They are very very expensive and don't want to deal past the basics (ie costco) at all.

Alexandria pissed me off with the bait and oh its the upper model.

Sterling, did the deposit...ooops lost the card. 3 week refund.

But no problems with:
Renee Riedemann
Internet Sales Manager
Sheehy Lexus of Annapolis
reneeriedemann@sheehy.com
www.lexusofannapolis.com
Phone: 410-266-3330
Fax: 410-266-160! 3!

Give renee a call, i got her contact from this board. she had the car waiting and my paperword was done in a flash.

By the way, I live near Pohanka of Chantilly. I have all my service done with them. I can say the service is excellent and professional.
Old 10-22-06, 06:41 AM
minger1179
Driver School Candidate

I live near pohanka as well, but didn't like the service from the dealership so I went to Lindsay to buy and stayed with them for service which I like. And Lindsay is less expensive on most of their services. Pohanka, I have never dealt with their service dept.... so I couldn't speak to that.
Old 10-22-06, 07:08 PM
SugarRush
Pit Crew

I live in Annapolis, so Sheehy of Annapolis should have been the natural dealer choice for me. Sales person was friendly. Test drove the car with them but they did not want to budge on the sticker price at all.
SO I decided to walk.

Then I emailed around and decided to buy from Lexus of Rockville. Dealt with their internet sales manager. They offered me a very reasonable discount below sticker. The 2IS is new model, so I did not expect to pay invoice price. But I do expect a bit discount from sticker because I bought the 2006 IS on July 06 (i.e nearing the end of the 2006 production model).

In and out of the dealership in 1 hr.
Overal, I am happy with this dealership.
Will definetely repeat.

Last edited by SugarRush; 10-22-06 at 07:13 PM.
Old 10-22-06, 08:41 PM
rsx2is350
Driver School Candidate

I shoped all around DC/Baltimore metro and at the end Lexus of Silver Spring had the best price! Lexus of Rockville and Pohnaka both SUCK!!!!

Quick Reply: Dealerships - Northern VA area