IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Non Mark Levison nav screen used to play dvd's

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-06, 11:48 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,360 Posts

Originally Posted by 07Txlex
Actually this company AVELECTRONIC has one.. http://www.avelectronic.com/Navigati...erfaceDual.htm
apparantly they released a budget version. Says it'll work and they even speak of a group buy...
Don't know if it'll work for sure with our cars.. Sent them an email
Originally Posted by viettho
Yeah, I asked them, but here's their answer:

Originally Posted by 07Txlex
I called AVElectronic and they said that they are currently working to make sure it will work with our cars.

Originally Posted by johung
Any response from them about pricing or the possible group buy?? keep us updated.
Folks,

Gentle reminder that the company referenced is not a CL-approved supporting vendor and we don't allow GBs from them on our forum.

Please refer them to advertising@clublexus.com if they want to become an authorized vendor or setup a relationship with an existing vendor if you want to setup a GB for their product.

Any further discussion of GB on this product will result in this thread being closed.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/faq...faq_group_buys
Group Buys
Group Buys (GB) are allowed ONLY in conjunction with a Club Lexus authorized vendor. ‘Gathering interest’ group buy posts are also not allowed without the prior support of an authorized Club Lexus vendor which can be coordinated directly through the vendor or requested of moderators or the forum administrator. Linking to group buys sponsored by non-CLUB LEXUS vendors or on other forums is not allowed.

Inappropriate GB posts will be promptly closed or removed without notice
Old 11-14-06, 12:01 PM
Zephyr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^ We're just talking about a product that can possibly, and finally, solve our problem, what's wrong with that (besides the mention of a group buy, just a thought, not an actual action)... We're not blessed with a huge aftermarket support at this current time.

I'm not trying to stir anything, but seriously, what's wrong with finding, and talking about a product that solves our non-Mark Levinson problem? Isn't that the whole purpose of a forum is to help each other out? With these strict rules, how will we ever see new products for our very new 2IS?
Old 11-14-06, 12:12 PM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Zephyr
^^ We're just talking about a product that can possibly, and finally, solve our problem, what's wrong with that (besides the mention of a group buy, just a thought, not an actual action)... We're not blessed with a huge aftermarket support at this current time.

I'm not trying to stir anything, but seriously, what's wrong with finding, and talking about a product that solves our non-Mark Levinson problem? Isn't that the whole purpose of a forum is to help each other out? With these strict rules, how will we ever see new products for our very new 2IS?
regardless of which.. the only company that does have this after market support is Nav TV.

AVElectronics are still doing their R&D.
Old 11-14-06, 01:48 PM
viettho
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I strongly agree with Zephyr. We were just naming random companies in hope that might have the potentials in solving our non-ml problem. Many of us were just to excited, and can't wait to see the results; therefore, we mentioned about group buy. Hope this will not be against the forum rules.
Old 11-14-06, 06:51 PM
faymouslex
Driver School Candidate

So has anyone actually had success with the navtv? how much did you pay, and can it be self installed?
Old 11-14-06, 07:21 PM
istundra
Pole Position

From a phone conversation with nav TV... they said that this module will emulate a ML DVD Changer. he also stated that 3 wires must be cut and 1 must be grounded. It sure sounds like the Nav Hack to me... but we will see.

my part is on special order and won't arrive until another week or so.
Old 11-14-06, 08:03 PM
heyheyhey
Rookie

If it is just the dvd capability that some people are interested in, couldn't we just purchase the actual ML headunit? which should most likely be under 800 $. Isn't this what was done on a GS a while back?
Old 11-14-06, 08:27 PM
johung
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

you sure it's under 800?
Old 11-14-06, 08:36 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,360 Posts

Originally Posted by Zephyr

Guys, I am not going to debate this with you... let me clarify a bit to make sure my position is absolutely crystal clear with each and every one of you.

A) Finding and talking about a product, linking to info on that product or mfgrs website, discussing DIYs and info about it, etc is absolutely fine.

B) Talking about setting up a group buy with a non approved vendor, asking about pricing for the group buy, linking to GB on another website, organizing a GB on this forum is absolutely not allowed and if it continues the thread will be locked.

I quoted three members engaged in that type of discussion and issued a very clear warning with quoted examples of where the issue was. It is not fair to our forum (which is FREE for you to use) or our CL vendors (who pay $$$ each month to keep this forum up and running FREE for you and all the other members) to give unpaid advertising and group buy sales to vendors who do not help us. CL historically operates in the red every month and if you want to 'help each other out' , get them to sign up to be a CL vendor and provide better support to the Lexus community.

If anyone wants to talk further about our forum rules on group buys you can PM me. Let's not take this thread further off topic.
Old 11-15-06, 12:35 AM
istundra
Pole Position

Originally Posted by heyheyhey
If it is just the dvd capability that some people are interested in, couldn't we just purchase the actual ML headunit? which should most likely be under 800 $. Isn't this what was done on a GS a while back?
Yeah a ML DVD Changer will do the job.

But where can be buy a ML DVD Changer for $800?

This setup will cost about $850.00.

It will consist of the module and a DVD Changer that will be mounted in the trunk.

The remote eye will be wired to the front.

All options of the DVD Changer will be controlled via remote, not touch screen.
Old 11-15-06, 02:53 AM
richw350
Rookie

Originally Posted by heyheyhey
I already looked into the price. They only sell it as as whole unit (i.e. DVD changer, head unit, etc). It costs $1980.
Old 11-15-06, 02:54 AM
richw350
Rookie

Originally Posted by istundra
From a phone conversation with nav TV... they said that this module will emulate a ML DVD Changer. he also stated that 3 wires must be cut and 1 must be grounded. It sure sounds like the Nav Hack to me... but we will see.

my part is on special order and won't arrive until another week or so.

How much does the NavTV unit cost?
Old 11-17-06, 10:51 AM
jzalkin
Rookie

Here is my weekly check - Anyone get a working example yet?
Old 11-18-06, 08:28 PM
Spotnsabby
Rookie

Hello ,
First I would like to say I have A RX350. I've been looking at this, the cable that car lost bought is only a input. This cable is like having a rear ent. system. The cable will work but it only goes to the radio. You will need a cable to send the signal to the nav screen. On my car (I have not done this yet) the plug are as follows R31 same as car lost cable will be input. Plug R30 of the radio to the plug M3 of the multi-display (nav screen). I will post some pics of the harness.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
041003.pdf (167.8 KB, 368 views)
Old 11-18-06, 08:30 PM
Spotnsabby
Rookie

Pics of the multi-display
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
042006.pdf (155.0 KB, 453 views)

Quick Reply: Non Mark Levison nav screen used to play dvd's