Pic of the inspection procedure
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
0420064.pdf (156.8 KB, 468 views)
Old 11-19-06, 12:09 AM
omgitsroy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Last weekend there seemed to be an attempt for people to get things hooked up... we all waited...still no response.. from the silience we can expect that it didn't work. Now we're all here to share information. For the people that tried and didn't succeed it would be nice for them to tell us what happened so we don't have any repeats...

we can't discuss if people dont' share
Old 11-19-06, 01:59 AM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

im still waiting for all of the parts to arrive.

like i have mentioned, Nav TV emulates DVD Video mode on ML systems.
Old 11-19-06, 08:37 AM
omgitsroy
Lexus Test Driver

thanks istundra.. i think you're our only hope~~~~~ keep us updated...
Old 11-19-06, 10:03 AM
takinover
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

istundra is right, na- tv setup emulate a dvd changer, i am still researching so that i can do the same , i have the correct video cable with the right connector to input the video signal and I just going to build a connector which lets me tap into the audio, but i have to some way trick the multi display to think that there is a dvd changer connected which would then allow me to change it to that screen by hitting the disk button twice, and any input you have plugged into the video input would display on the screen, dvd mode is needed to allow for video signal input, but since we dont have a dvd changer install, the screen dosent give you the option to operate it, its there but not available until there is communication between the two, i am researching but there is not a lot of info on this
Old 11-19-06, 10:35 AM
istundra
Pole Position

Originally Posted by takinover
istundra is right, na- tv setup emulate a dvd changer, i am still researching so that i can do the same , i have the correct video cable with the right connector to input the video signal and I just going to build a connector which lets me tap into the audio, but i have to some way trick the multi display to think that there is a dvd changer connected which would then allow me to change it to that screen by hitting the disk button twice, and any input you have plugged into the video input would display on the screen, dvd mode is needed to allow for video signal input, but since we dont have a dvd changer install, the screen dosent give you the option to operate it, its there but not available until there is communication between the two, i am researching but there is not a lot of info on this
SUre sounds like you got alot of work ahead of you.

It is not that easy to create emulation with common household tools.

It may require additional firmware as well.
Old 11-19-06, 12:29 PM
takinover
Driver School Candidate

not so much firmware, just need to have a circuit that talks to the display, in other words provide the signal it is asking for so that it thinks its a dvd changer pluged in, but yeah this is the hard part everything else is easy
Old 11-21-06, 04:03 PM
king1117
Driver School Candidate

I'm looking into installing the navtv in my car. I don't want to purchase something I'm not 100% will work in my car. I have read everyones thread and this is what I got so far.

What I have confirmed with NAVTV is that the TOY01 product id is the only product that will work in for the 2006/07 IS models. They're selling it for 800 dollars which I feel is ridiculous. Even with the mod, they don't explain much how it works. The mod has 1 AV/audio output. How is the mod suppossed to switch over? Who knows. I will get more information from them when I get the chance.

If anyone has information on that, please let me know. I found a distributor who sells the mod for cheaper but they originally explained that the RGBLEX+ from NavTV would work for the new 06 IS' but I had to email them for confirmation and they explained to me that it would not work so I really dont trust them.

Will look into coming back to the thread discussion. Very good information here. Good luck all.
Old 11-21-06, 04:44 PM
istundra
Pole Position

Originally Posted by king1117
I'm looking into installing the navtv in my car. I don't want to purchase something I'm not 100% will work in my car. I have read everyones thread and this is what I got so far.

What I have confirmed with NAVTV is that the TOY01 product id is the only product that will work in for the 2006/07 IS models. They're selling it for 800 dollars which I feel is ridiculous. Even with the mod, they don't explain much how it works. The mod has 1 AV/audio output. How is the mod suppossed to switch over? Who knows. I will get more information from them when I get the chance.

If anyone has information on that, please let me know. I found a distributor who sells the mod for cheaper but they originally explained that the RGBLEX+ from NavTV would work for the new 06 IS' but I had to email them for confirmation and they explained to me that it would not work so I really dont trust them.

Will look into coming back to the thread discussion. Very good information here. Good luck all.
The RGBLEX+ only adds video input. With that module, you will need to add an additional AUX Input or FM Modulator to get audio.

From researching and contacting the manufacture, Nav TV, The TOY01 adds audio and video inputs.

How would we select this input?

We would have to press the button TWICE.

This module emulates the ML System for the Audio and Video Mode.

If you have any questions, it'll be best to contact the manufacture directly, Nav TV.

I am still waiting for the part and It should be in very soon.

Unfortunately due to change in plans, I may not be able to install the parts I have ordered.

I might post all of the brand new parts here For Sale.

My parts consist of the following:
TOY01 Nav TV Module
Panasonic 8 Disc DVD Changer
Kenwood Input Selector

If you would like to watch DVD/VCD only from the Nav Screen, the Input selector will not be needed, however, if you do plan to install headrest monitors, the Input selector is mandatory.

The input selector has 3 sets of Audio and Video inputs and Outputs.

This means that you can install 3 separate Audio/Video devices and watch all 3 devices on their individual monitor.

Post here if you have any questions. Ive spent along time looking for this item so if u need help, let me know.

goodluck.
Old 11-21-06, 05:04 PM
king1117
Driver School Candidate

thank istundra. I actually just got off the phone with John. Someone mentioned him earlier in the thread. He explained how the input was changed. I understand that now. I figured if all we needed was a video source we could use the aux for audio but i realize if youre switching over to certain modes, that wouldnt be the case. The price quote he gave me to install seems really high. Anything over 500 for a part that converts any sort of signal to tap into any sort of feed is pretty high. But since there arent any other companies with similar products, they can do wahtever they want. John explained also the NavTV isnt a simple plug and play device. It involves cutting into a couple of wires. I dont think I want to do that.

I guess I'll have to wait till a better solution is out on the market.
Old 11-22-06, 04:17 AM
sepukku
Driver School Candidate

Default Auxilary input for our IS

I think the solution is pretty simple.
Don't use that cable if it does not work.

Use the back up camera hack to select the camera input with a switch.
This will allow you to hit a switch and then the navigation screen will pull up the camera picture....(if the hack works as stated in the below thread)
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...7&page=1&pp=15

But before this, hook up the audio signal utilizing the aux input.
(Your audio still plays when you are in reverse..right?)

Then just install another switch that will replace the camera picture signal coming from the camera, with a video signal from a dvd player.
It is going to be a standard ntsc signal...meaning a quick splice to the signal wire of the camera and a switch will override the camera to the screen.

all in all this should work as the rear camera works while the car is in motion.

This is what i am going to try at least..
Old 11-22-06, 06:38 AM
omgitsroy
Lexus Test Driver

it's confirmed that OEM DVD player can replace our 6 disc CD player...

how much is the unit? It jus seems easier to jus buy it and put it in .. if it's going to start costing more than 800 to get this thing goin...
Old 11-22-06, 06:47 AM
IS350MD
Driver School Candidate

I sent a part request to my Lexus dealer, will post if I hear something.
Old 11-22-06, 06:49 AM
IS350MD
Driver School Candidate

Nav TV does not look good, audio through FM modulator-jees what a joke.
Old 11-22-06, 07:45 AM
IS350MD
Driver School Candidate

Default Response from Lexus Dealer

Response from Lexus Dealer regarding the part request for the ML changer:

"No you cannot change systems unless you change the complete audio
system speakers, amps, and subwoofer which would be quite costly."

Quick Reply: Non Mark Levison nav screen used to play dvd's