IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Do you Ever Roll Your Window Down?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-06, 11:14 AM
NovaIS350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well technically the weather should be great everywhere unless you live in the far north...it's called global warming, and its only going to get worse. And that new leather smell tends to linger for a while..not sure why. I've had my car for 4 months now, and it still smells like the factory, it might be the all season floor mats.
Old 11-01-06, 11:26 AM
Magellan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most of my driving is on the freeways. My car has a fine audio system and a functioning air conditioner. With all the wind noise and clamor from other cars preventing one from listening to the radio, and that hot, dirty air blasting across one’s face, I can’t imagine why anyone would roll their windows down.

And in city traffic, all you have to do is experience one kid pulling up beside you at a light with that BOOM-DA-BOOM-DA BOOM rattling your teeth, you’ll roll up your windows quickly and leave them that way.
Old 11-01-06, 11:29 AM
jman-is350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Magellan
Most of my driving is on the freeways. My car has a fine audio system and a functioning air conditioner. With all the wind noise and clamor from other cars preventing one from listening to the radio, and that hot, dirty air blasting across one’s face, I can’t imagine why anyone would roll their windows down.

And in city traffic, all you have to do is experience one kid pulling up beside you at a light with that BOOM-DA-BOOM-DA BOOM rattling your teeth, you’ll roll up your windows quickly and leave them that way.
What part of CA do you live in? COMPTON or INGELWOOD?
Old 11-01-06, 11:45 AM
EFMJR
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jman-is350
I live in California so all windows must be down to enjoy the beautiful weather here.

(sorry i have a GS, but had to jump in on this post). Im not bashing but theres a great missunderstanding that all of california is great weather 365 days a year, but Not all of cali is blessed. What part of cali you in, Im in the central valley and it gets like 115 degrees at times in the summer, (hell, we broke a record this year for the most consecitive days over 113 deg. It was like 99deg at midnight, that sucks) and cold and foggy int the winter. when the weater is good, the trees are all in bloom and pollen everywhere. Dont forget all the dirt in the air from the agriculture. Id rather keep my windows up and the air on, since it will filter out the air. (not sure if IS has this feature, but it is nice to have) Now if you live in the costal regin, heck yea, windows down and taking in the fresh ocean air.

Oh, and dont forget in cali we have the Mojave deasert, and death vally, aint much good about the weather there, I have family there, now thats hell on earth.
Old 11-01-06, 12:29 PM
MicahIS250
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I live in Hawaii and 99% of the time all my windows are up. On ocassion at night I will open my sunroof but generally only for a minute or two before the humidity bothers me. Screw all the dust, pollen, humidity and noise.
Old 11-01-06, 01:55 PM
SParker1tx
Pole Position

Yep, Living in Houston the past couple of weeks has been amazing, temperature hovers around 70 sometimes up to 85 but mostly 70's and we dont get that very often, loving this weather, windows/sunroof down + music UP haha
Old 11-01-06, 02:09 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Magellan

don't forget about the riceboys and their loud-*** mufflers.
Old 11-01-06, 02:12 PM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

Does anyone else call those mufflers/exhausts cantaloupe shooters? hehe

I had an Civic SI rev at me. He had his window down, so I rolled down my window and said.. "Do ya hear that?" He just gave me this blank look and then I said. "Yeah thats right. It is quiet and fast."

Haha, so I lied I rolled my window down for that. But the whole rice thing got me to remember. I love the 17 year old boys in their Hondas. So cute.
Old 11-01-06, 02:17 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

I would have paid to see that!!!

Javier
Old 11-01-06, 04:42 PM
is4me2
Lead Lap

Cool

After driving the car for 8 months I finally opened the moonroof for the first time last week on the way to work in the morning. It has been too hot and humid here to open the moonroof or roll down the windows. I don't like the windows rolled down for various reasons but would like cooler weather to enjoy the moonroof.
Old 11-01-06, 05:06 PM
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I open the sunroof whenever I'm bringing food home from a restaurant, and leave the sunroof open in the garage for awhile to make sure the inside of the car doesn't smell like a #3 with a large fry when I get back in.
Old 11-01-06, 05:21 PM
Cornellian
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IS_Mine
Ohh you are so right. LOL I think I'll wait till the new car smell is gone.
I know the smell of a new car is good. I like it too...! BUT, did you know that it is poisonous? Obviously, as not as a REAL poison, but it is not the SAFEST smell. The smell comes from all of the glue, paste, and other stuff that they use to glue the interior..... SO ROLL 'EM DOWN, ROLL 'EM DOWN!! Rolling your windows down will reduce it and flush it out....
Old 11-01-06, 05:36 PM
ecr527
Lexus Champion

I usually drive with my windows up. We haven't seen a day cool enough to have them down. When the weather starts to cool down then, yes, I'll be rollin' with the windows down.
Old 11-01-06, 08:21 PM
ano0oj
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SParker1tx
Yep, Living in Houston the past couple of weeks has been amazing, temperature hovers around 70 sometimes up to 85 but mostly 70's and we dont get that very often, loving this weather, windows/sunroof down + music UP haha
yah! theres usually a constant breeze too so when i'm at a stoplight or something, i dont worry about the sun baking me
Old 11-01-06, 08:49 PM
ABC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

unless it's freezing out (which is rare in coastal socal, lol), the windows are down and the sunroof is open

Quick Reply: Do you Ever Roll Your Window Down?