IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Any Texas owners without front liscense plate?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-06, 09:19 PM
jasonviper
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Texas owners without front liscense plate?

I'm just wondering if any of the texas lexus dealerships are willing not to put it on at all because i dont want holes in my front bumber.When I ordered my Tc I told the sales guy there not to put it on when it came in and they didn't put it on,yes I know that was a toyota dealership but I'm wondering if a lexus dealership would do the same.
Old 11-04-06, 09:20 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

i asked them not to put it on and they listened they just said "its going to be your name on the ticket" heh
Old 11-04-06, 10:40 PM
cajunboy
Driver

they gave me the option of going to the dealership to pickup my plate or they can send it to my house... I pick sending it to my house so i can put it on, by the way, i didn't put the front on.
Old 11-04-06, 10:47 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Bought mine from Sewell with no front plate. It's still like that.

Javier
Old 11-05-06, 12:26 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

They'll do it, but they make it clear it is your decision and any tickets are your responsibility. I would say it is about 50/50 on the number of Lexus', BMW's, and Mercede's I see on TX roads without front plate. It is up to you. My car came from CO and it had the plate mount already tacked on when the dealer in Houston got it. I would have preferred it without the plate, but since I have personalized plates it doesn't bother me. I have front and back plates covered with a smoke cover which softens it up and goes well with the Tungsten Pearl paint.

I don't think there is that much chance you will get ticketed unless you get pulled over for something else. But I think with the rollout of red light cameras in Houston there will be more of an enforcement issue with front plates in the future.
Old 11-05-06, 07:22 AM
jasonviper
Pole Position

Yeah I never got a ticket with my tC and I had 5% tint and no registration sticker on either I wanted the car to be as clean as possible I kept it in the glove compartment though.
Old 11-05-06, 09:41 AM
JamRWS6
Driver

Sewell doesn't seem to put the front plates on at all. My IS350 did not have the holder installed per my request. When I got my RX350 it did not have the holder either. I actually run the front plate on the RX since it travels more where the state troopers seem to be looking for anything.
Old 11-05-06, 09:47 AM
SParker1tx
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live in Bellaire which is a small city within Houston on the SW Side and they will ticket you for ANYTHING!! They are really nit picky with crap and If I ever got pulled over they would 100% sure add that on the ticket so I coudlent take any chance and had to get my baby drilled into
At least I dont have to worry about being pulled over at 1 am on my way home and im 17 BTW so the cops seem even more out to get teenagers
Old 11-05-06, 09:51 AM
taejin09
Lead Lap

According to my friend who got a ticket for front license plate in Texas, it was just a fix-it ticket.
Old 11-05-06, 01:19 PM
jasonviper
Pole Position

Hopefully whichever dealership I choose here in texas will NOT put it on.
Old 11-05-06, 02:31 PM
TXIS350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jasonviper
Hopefully whichever dealership I choose here in texas will NOT put it on.
Just had mine put on yesterday, the dealership asked if I wanted the front put on. I said no, no problem. Then I got my free weekly carwash and went on my way. The free weekly car wash at Park Place Lexus is great.
Old 11-05-06, 02:35 PM
taejin09
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TXIS350
Just had mine put on yesterday, the dealership asked if I wanted the front put on. I said no, no problem. Then I got my free weekly carwash and went on my way. The free weekly car wash at Park Place Lexus is great.
??what? You said you had the plate put on yesterday but you also said that your dealership agreed not to put it on. Im confused..and also, I wouldnt recommend the carwash at a dealership.
Old 11-05-06, 02:50 PM
TXIS350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by taejin09
??what? You said you had the plate put on yesterday but you also said that your dealership agreed not to put it on. Im confused..and also, I wouldnt recommend the carwash at a dealership.
They put on the rear. Dealer carwash is well versed in dealing with Lexus paint and certainly are more responsible than the normal handwash car wash. They scratch it, they fix it.
Old 11-05-06, 03:14 PM
taejin09
Lead Lap

Well, I guess if your options are normal handwash car wash(assuming that it isnt you) and your dealership, dealership might be a better choice. I would rather do it myself. Let me just say that the dealership carwash does not care about the quality of the wash and will use ragged towels to wash and dry, marring the paint of fine scratches and swirls that you probably wont notice unless in certain lighting. Dealership is not well versed in dealing with Lexus paint and if you really think that the carwashing people at the dealership are some great detailers, you are wrong. Maybe it differs from dealerships but that is the case for most of them. Im sure if you are not **** about your paint like I am, dealership wash is a good deal and reduces work. Whatever floats your boat =)

(sorry for stealing your thread)
Old 11-05-06, 03:14 PM
ano0oj
Pole Position

No front plate for me! Told them not too and all they said was like i'm risking the chance of getting a ticket....I really really really don't care the car looks bad with it on

Quick Reply: Any Texas owners without front liscense plate?