IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-06, 12:02 AM
skorpio
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warranty?

Will I loose my warrany if Ill export my IS350? They are Lexus dealers in europe. Would they honor US warrany?

regards,
Old 11-05-06, 12:15 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by skorpio
Will I loose my warrany if Ill export my IS350? They are Lexus dealers in europe. Would they honor US warrany?

regards,
Your warranty is good in the USA and, I believe, Canada. It will NOT be honored in other places should you export it to Europe. Frankly, it would not be a cheap exercise to export it. You have to conform to the EU specs. I'm not sure what they are, but with the standard 'Euro Nanny' approach to life on the continent I'm sure there would be some nasty little surprises when you try to register a US spec IS in Europe.
Old 11-05-06, 03:17 AM
Big Andy
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Evitzee
Your warranty is good in the USA and, I believe, Canada. It will NOT be honored in other places should you export it to Europe. Frankly, it would not be a cheap exercise to export it. You have to conform to the EU specs. I'm not sure what they are, but with the standard 'Euro Nanny' approach to life on the continent I'm sure there would be some nasty little surprises when you try to register a US spec IS in Europe.
You're right in saying that the warranty is not valid in the EU, however there are no great problems with importing a US vehicle. For example, to import a car to the UK you just need to make sure it has orange indicators, a rear fog light and a speedo in mph (not a problem with US cars). With a Lexus you'd be able to point to virtually identical Euro spec Lexus to show it complies with all relevant emissions and safety criteria. There's plenty of ex-US cars driving around - particularly round the big airbases. There's no Euro Nanny approach - in fact quite the opposite - it's the US that demands safety labels everywhere and crash protection that's effective even for unbelted occupants.
Old 11-05-06, 06:36 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

be sure to let clarkson test drive it on Top Gear, Euro needs to see what they are missing out on