IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Cleaning the seats...

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-06 | 06:56 AM
BounceNY
Lexus Test Driver

Default Cleaning the seats...

I searched and could not find an answer to my question.

For the general leather care, I know this topic has been covered already on many posts, especially in the auto detailing section.

My question is about cleaning the seats in general, getting the crap out of the creases of the leather, and sometimes small particles stick in the preferated holes of the leather. Vacuuming works, but does not always get everything out. Also, the "cover" that is behind the front seats, what do you use on that since its not leather.

thanks,
-Bounce
Old 11-05-06 | 03:06 PM
Lexus Test Driver

Use a leather cleaner of your choice and a soft brush to get into creases, etc. If your seats are REALLY bad, I've heard of using Softscrub (seriously!) to get leather seats clean. I've seen lots of examples of this being used with great results. As with anything, YMMV.

After you clean, make sure you condition. I use Zaino's leather conditioner, and it works and smells great. Lexol also makes a fine cleaner and conditioner, and there are lots of others out there as well.

The leather conditioner can also be used on the non-leather (vinyl) surfaces of the seat, such as the seat back. Alternatively, you can use any good vinyl protectant. I just use a damp microfiber for the vinyl surfaces, and a good leather cleaner and conditioner for the leather surfaces.

Good luck.
Old 11-05-06 | 03:09 PM
BounceNY
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for the detailed info I just picked up some Lexol brand Cleaner & Conditioner, heard its good too.
Old 11-05-06 | 04:11 PM
kilo6_one
Lexus Test Driver

I have been doing the same, but for quick jobs i got some maguires interior spray cleaner, its safe for leather according the them has a low gloss and works pretty good for general cleaning.
Old 11-05-06 | 08:42 PM
Alex350
Lexus Test Driver

I've got one word for you, Meguiar's! I use their all interior cleaner and it works wonders on all the interior You can use it to clean the carpets, leather, plastic, anything at all!!! And it won't fade or mess up the fabric colors. If I do use it on leather, I do follow it with an application of leather conditioner just in case (on the bottle it doesn't say you can use it to clean leather, but it works good!). Trust me, get this product you won't regret it