IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Am I the only one with buyers remorse? Could use help.

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-06, 08:14 AM
ff_
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Technique
Eh, I'd never buy a Nissan... The quality goes like this:

1) Toyota
2) Honda
3) Nissan
Nope, the quality goes like this:
1) Honda
2) Toyota
3) Nissan
Old 11-07-06, 08:19 AM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

After owning one Honda and 2 Acuras I am hoping that the quality goes more like this

1) Lexus
2) Acura
3) Infiniti
Old 11-07-06, 08:22 AM
ff_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TorontoTL
After owning one Honda and 2 Acuras I am hoping that the quality goes more like this

1) Lexus
2) Acura
3) Infiniti
I'll agree with that ordering.
Old 11-07-06, 08:26 AM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmm, if you have buyers remorse before you actually buy the car... then I dont think its the car for you.

My suggestion would be to drive the competitors and see what you want.

What is it about the 07 G35 sedan that attracts you? Power, Manual transmission, AWD, Price?
Old 11-07-06, 08:28 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

When I said:

1) Toyota
2) Honda
3) Nissan

I effectively meant:

1) Lexus
2) Acura
3) Infinity

But anyway, let's not get too off-topic here, my point was that Nissan/Infinity is at the bottom of the 3.
Old 11-07-06, 08:37 AM
SerKevin
Pole Position

Hey I have the 250 and it is more than sporty enough for my taste.

This is a personal opinion sort of thing but for me, since I'll never be racing the car, the power vs the cost vs the fuel usage (I drive A LOT) didn't pan out for me.

I drove EVERYTHING in the IS's class before purchasing, BMW, Mercedes, Infinity, etc. It took me more than a month to make my decision (to avoid buyers remorse) and I wisely choose the IS.

When it came down to bang for the buck and the build quality the IS was IMHO heads and shoulders above the rest.

Since you are now "locked into" the car... no need worrying yourself sick. Just wait till you get in it and take that first drive. You'll probably find yourself inventing places to go just to drive it again like I have been.
Old 11-07-06, 08:49 AM
SilverLexo
Lead Lap

Why has no one suggested that he buy the IS350 instead of the 250? Swap the deposit over to the 350, then your remorse will go out the window.
Old 11-07-06, 09:05 AM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverLexo
Why has no one suggested that he buy the IS350 instead of the 250? Swap the deposit over to the 350, then your remorse will go out the window.
I guess it depends on the cash flow that he has. If he has the money then that's a perfect solution. But there is quite a price difference and that would also make it more than the G 35 he is wondering about. It would solve the power difference as an issue.
Old 11-07-06, 09:14 AM
IRCRomeo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tqlla3k
Hmmm, if you have buyers remorse before you actually buy the car... then I dont think its the car for you.

My suggestion would be to drive the competitors and see what you want.

What is it about the 07 G35 sedan that attracts you? Power, Manual transmission, AWD, Price?
It's just that I like some of the features, like included 10GB HD, bigger engine, and it costs pretty much the same.

I didn't like that it didn't have an available body kit, parking sensors, and headlamp washers.
Old 11-07-06, 09:15 AM
IRCRomeo
Pole Position

I guess it depends on the cash flow that he has. If he has the money then that's a perfect solution. But there is quite a price difference and that would also make it more than the G 35 he is wondering about. It would solve the power difference as an issue.
Money isn't a concern. $4k more on a $40k car doesn't mean much to me. I didn't buy the 350 because I don't NEED 300hp. I have a clean record, never a ticket in my life, and I live in a city. 300hp to me would be an invite for trouble and a waste of gas.
Old 11-07-06, 09:17 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I believe most 2008 lexus will have a hard drive navigation system, including the IS... Man, will I be wanting to trade up!!!
Old 11-07-06, 09:23 AM
NovaIS350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ff_
I'll agree with that ordering.
that's exactly how technique had it before.
Old 11-07-06, 09:24 AM
sanwong
Driver

Default order

1) Lexus
2) Acura
3) Infiniti
I own a car audio shop and as I work on cars everyday...I would agree
1)Lexus
2)acura
3) infiniti

based on the way the cars are put together/ come apart and quality of the parts
Old 11-07-06, 09:44 AM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i can see why you might be 2nd guessing yourself - it's very natural. i saw the G on the streets the other day and it looked very nice; the pictures don't do it justice. and then i started looking at the same features you were talking about - the awesome nav w/ XM traffic, lane features, perfect VR, and the HD for music and CF drive and i was like geez, lexus has JUST put this on the LS, which is like a 70k++++ car.

the pricing is hard to believe; i admit i had a second of remorse as well b/c i just got the Audi in September. but at the end of the day i still prefer the styling of the audi over the G, but dang, the $$$ alone makes the G a worthy choice.

it sounds like a deposit is not that much money to you. i agree you should go test them both back to back and then make your decision. maybe you can find someone on CL to take your special order and then the dealer won't try to ding you on the deposit? either way, if the deposit is $500 or $1000, i would be willing to part w/ that money to get the "right" car. remorse is not worth $500-$1000 IMHO.

or......... get a very short lease. luckily i got a 24 month lease, at which time i will be considering the IS convertible, G35 coupe and Audi A5 cabrio. good luck w/ your decision!!!
Old 11-07-06, 10:06 AM
richw350
Rookie

Originally Posted by ff_
Nope, the quality goes like this:
1) Honda
2) Toyota
3) Nissan
Nope. It actually goes like this:

1. Lexus
2. Toyota
3. Acura
4. Honda
5. BMW
6. Infiniti
7. Nissan
Attached Thumbnails Am I the only one with buyers remorse? Could use help.-13depend-graph1200.jpg  

Quick Reply: Am I the only one with buyers remorse? Could use help.