IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Am I the only one with buyers remorse? Could use help.

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-06 | 10:07 AM
ff_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by NovaIS350
that's exactly how technique had it before.
No it isn't. He said Toyota, Honda, Nissan. Not the same thing (quality-wise) as Lexus, Acura, Infiniti.
Old 11-07-06 | 10:44 AM
SilverLexo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ff_
No it isn't. He said Toyota, Honda, Nissan. Not the same thing (quality-wise) as Lexus, Acura, Infiniti.
Try giving it a rest sometimes bro...

I like richw350's post. That is awesome to see RR so far away from any other MFG in the market, and those are some really sexy SUV's too what a shame.

Anyhow back on topic. I think the choice is clear, relinquish your remorse with the comfort of Lexus's #1 reliability!!!
Old 11-07-06 | 01:29 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Yes, try to stay on topic. No sense bringing up Honda/Acura when the OP is only talking about the IS and G35.

If your deposit is not too large I'd go test drive the G35 and see if that is the right car for you. There really is no other way for you to satisfy your curiosity about the G35. You either will confirm your buyers remorse or confirm you put a deposit on the right car. I think you owe it to yourself to figure this out before you actually buy a car.
Old 11-07-06 | 02:28 PM
LexFather

Exclamation

Originally Posted by richw350
Nope. It actually goes like this:

1. Lexus
2. Toyota
3. Acura
4. Honda
5. BMW
6. Infiniti
7. Nissan
1.Thank you Rich. See that is called PROOF and showing a SOURCE. So if you don't have something like that, or you don't own a shop dealing with different brands, your opinion has little to no merit.
2. I am warning everyone now, this thread is about the OP needing convincing from us to purchase his IS over the G35. This is not an Lexus vs Nissan or whomever thread and will not turn into one.
3. The new G35 is a great value. Hard to beat that car for its price.

This is a Lexus forum so of course the votes will be biased to Lexus. I pray this does not get linked to other Nissan forums by a 6 year old who then says "go over there an fight, they are talking bad about us blah blah blah" as you will be banned.

This is a great thread for us to discuss the pros and cons of both cars.
Old 11-07-06 | 03:40 PM
ff_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
1.Thank you Rich. See that is called PROOF and showing a SOURCE. So if you don't have something like that, or you don't own a shop dealing with different brands, your opinion has little to no merit.
1) Rich's "PROOF" listed JD Power reliability rankings, not quality. Two completely different things.
2) A person's opinion on car quality does have merit. I don't know how you can make the statement that you did.
Old 11-07-06 | 03:47 PM
Dabigman
Lead Lap

This is a Lexus forum so of course the votes will be biased to Lexus. I pray this does not get linked to other Nissan forums by a 6 year old who then says "go over there an fight, they are talking bad about us blah blah blah" as you will be banned.

This is a great thread for us to discuss the pros and cons of both cars.

I didn't go to a Nissan forum but let me say this, there are going to be some very mad Kia people here shortly!
Old 11-07-06 | 05:09 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by ff_
1) Rich's "PROOF" listed JD Power reliability rankings, not quality. Two completely different things.
2) A person's opinion on car quality does have merit. I don't know how you can make the statement that you did.
We can debate in e-mail or car chat. This thread is about the OP needing reasons to continue to buy his IS.
Old 11-07-06 | 05:22 PM
ff_
Lexus Champion

This thread is about the OP needing reasons to continue to buy his IS.
Or reasons to buy a G35 instead
Old 11-07-06 | 05:53 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

since you've already put the down on your 2is, forget about the 2k7 g35. plus, the 2k7 g35 doesn't look as aesthetically pleasing as the 2is, IMO.
Old 11-07-06 | 06:24 PM
Lexus Test Driver

I admittedly didn't sift through every post, but just in case it hasn't been said, the dealer cannot keep a deposit if you change your mind. That's called stealing.

I asked that question before I special ordered my IS350, and the dealer told me point blank that the law frowns upon stealing customer cash. The choice is yours, but don't let a deposit make your decision. I'd rather you choose the G and be happy than to post ad nauseum after you buy about how miserable you are with your purchase.
Old 11-08-06 | 04:47 AM
richw350
Rookie

After going through 4 pages of mostly BS, the best advise has already been posted IMHO.......

Test drive both cars back to back on the same day, if you then feel you made the right decision, then great. If you feel you made the wrong decision, then you need to look at your options and go from there.

That is all.
Old 11-08-06 | 06:47 AM
w4rjd
Pole Position

My Wife has had BMWs for years. I am a member of BMW CCA (Car Club of America). The new 3s are excellent and way over priced for what you get. Every package is expensive and takes forever to order.

We drove the G35, both an 06 and 07. The 06 has power and nice fit and finish. The 07 had the sports stuff and was a real rocket. Nice ride vs the 06. The dealer has about a dozen 06s on the lot and will even talk price until they are gone. Is it nicer than the IS? Not really. Is it faster, maybe but the 335 BMW will blow all of them away.

What did I buy? A 2007 IS 250 not a 350 and why. Price, comfort and personal preference. The little IS drives or handles like an M3 without the super acceleration. It also gets about 25mpg!!!! and cost a whole lot less to insure.

Just my thoughts...
Old 11-08-06 | 07:26 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 500000

Originally Posted by w4rjd
My Wife has had BMWs for years. I am a member of BMW CCA (Car Club of America). The new 3s are excellent and way over priced for what you get. Every package is expensive and takes forever to order.

We drove the G35, both an 06 and 07. The 06 has power and nice fit and finish. The 07 had the sports stuff and was a real rocket. Nice ride vs the 06. The dealer has about a dozen 06s on the lot and will even talk price until they are gone. Is it nicer than the IS? Not really. Is it faster, maybe but the 335 BMW will blow all of them away.

What did I buy? A 2007 IS 250 not a 350 and why. Price, comfort and personal preference. The little IS drives or handles like an M3 without the super acceleration. It also gets about 25mpg!!!! and cost a whole lot less to insure.

Just my thoughts...
I couldn't disagree with you more.

"The IS handles like an M3" <-- Are you crazy man??? No way!!! You are so wrong... The IS doesn't even come CLOSE to the M3... No way can you compare the two... The M3 smokes the IS in handling...

"The 335 BMW will blow all of them away" <-- Again, are you crazy man??? The 335 BMW is about the same speed as the IS350, MAYBE a little slower, MAYBE a little faster. But no way will it "blow" either the new G35 or the IS350 away... They are all about equal in terms of speed...

Ugh, you are completely wrong... Go back to wherever you came from...
Old 11-08-06 | 08:02 AM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Having driven both the 335i and IS350, both automatics I can say that they are very very similar in their power and handling capabilities. I haven't driven either on a track, but for road use they are very similar. It would be hard to tell which is better. The IS is certainly more luxurious and quieter though.
Old 11-08-06 | 08:27 AM
w4rjd
Pole Position

Default Be Nice

Originally Posted by Technique
I couldn't disagree with you more.

"The IS handles like an M3" <-- Are you crazy man??? No way!!! You are so wrong... The IS doesn't even come CLOSE to the M3... No way can you compare the two... The M3 smokes the IS in handling...

"The 335 BMW will blow all of them away" <-- Again, are you crazy man??? The 335 BMW is about the same speed as the IS350, MAYBE a little slower, MAYBE a little faster. But no way will it "blow" either the new G35 or the IS350 away... They are all about equal in terms of speed...

Ugh, you are completely wrong... Go back to wherever you came from...
We each have our thoughts. No need to be upset.

If you want fast there are lots of examples from Detroit. If you want a sports look at some of the European iron. The right balance for you is the one you like.

Grow up!

Quick Reply: Am I the only one with buyers remorse? Could use help.