IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Am I the only one with buyers remorse? Could use help.

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-06, 04:38 PM
IRCRomeo
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Am I the only one with buyers remorse? Could use help.

As some of you may know, after about 7 weeks of searching and negotiating with many dealers, I special ordered my '07 IS.

Well the problem is I was kind of curious about the new '07 Infiniti G, and Infiniti now has updated their website with every detail about the new car.

After pricing it out, I kind of felt like I made a bad move. I fell in LOVE with the IS and I don't want to lose those feelings!

So guys, please help me get rid of this remorse!
Old 11-06-06, 04:55 PM
CWS
Lead Lap

Have a drink, and chill out.
Old 11-06-06, 05:00 PM
MattyL147
Driver

yea...just take a deep breath and relax. the IS is a great car...but the new G is pretty sweet
Old 11-06-06, 05:02 PM
Wests
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IRCRomeo
As some of you may know, after about 7 weeks of searching and negotiating with many dealers, I special ordered my '07 IS.

Well the problem is I was kind of curious about the new '07 Infiniti G, and Infiniti now has updated their website with every detail about the new car.

After pricing it out, I kind of felt like I made a bad move. I fell in LOVE with the IS and I don't want to lose those feelings!

Well, I just test drove an 07 G and it's a great car, FAR improved from the outgoing model. Unfortunately, it still lacks the overall quality feel of a Lexus. Don't get me wrong it's a wonderful automobile, and a great bargain, it just hasn't arrived at the level of Lexus, BMW, Merc yet.
Old 11-06-06, 05:02 PM
homer4598
Pole Position

Go test drive the new G35. Then go back and test drive the IS350. That'll answer your question -- one way or the other.
Old 11-06-06, 05:17 PM
Wests
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by homer4598
Go test drive the new G35. Then go back and test drive the IS350. That'll answer your question -- one way or the other.
I think he special ordered an IS250.
Old 11-06-06, 05:35 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Wests
Well, I just test drove an 07 G and it's a great car, FAR improved from the outgoing model. Unfortunately, it still lacks the overall quality feel of a Lexus. Don't get me wrong it's a wonderful automobile, and a great bargain, it just hasn't arrived at the level of Lexus, BMW, Merc yet.
I think this sums it up. Great post.
Old 11-06-06, 05:40 PM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The IS is a great car. I find it hard to criticize anything about it. I'm sure the G 35 is a good car as well. But I doubt the quality of it will be anywhere near Lexus quality. Also I think the IS's interior is far superior to anything else in its class. You shouldn't have any doubts about your decision. I haven't had any regrets at all.
Old 11-06-06, 05:43 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I think this sums it up. Great post.
+1. 2is ftw.
Old 11-06-06, 05:55 PM
taejin09
Lead Lap

G35 is a great car but i think the coupe version will look better. I did not like the previous G35 sedan and this one does not impress me either. While the 2IS has a coupe profile, I do not see such profile on the new G35. It does look great but if any remorse, it would be due to the e90 335i. Though the improvement of G35 and the bargain price for such a powerful machine, I have no regrets on the purchase of the 2IS. Without bias, I believe that the 2IS looks better than the e90 and the G35 but the e90 2nd place exterior wise.
Old 11-06-06, 06:02 PM
9520G
Lead Lap

Just drive around, you will see a million and 1 infiniti's and bimmers and not so many IS's that alone makes me feel better!
Old 11-06-06, 06:58 PM
homer4598
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Wests
I think he special ordered an IS250.

Okay, the point was to test drive both -- the G35 and whatever car he ordered.
Old 11-06-06, 07:16 PM
Cornellian
Lead Lap

A good remedy for your desease is to spend LOTS of time on CL!! That's what I've been doing for the past 2-3 months.... The more you read on CL, the more you will like the 2IS. When I joined, I must have read through ALMOST EVERY thread on "Second-Gen IS". Good luck....
Old 11-06-06, 07:34 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default The G is no IS !!!

You've just got a bit of Cognitive Dissonance while waiting for the new Lexus.

Sure, the new G35 looks to be an improvement and relatively cheap compared to the IS, but it still says INFINITI on the deck lid. Although they have come a long way since Carlos Ghosn kicked Nissan/Infiniti in the goolies a few years ago they still aren't up to Lexus/BMW/Mercedes in the marketplace.

The Infiniti dealer is 200 yards from my office and I drive by their lot each day. They are still loaded with 2006 models which they are trying to blow out to make room for the new version. You don't see that at the Lexus dealer which is just down the street. The IS is just a rarer machine and is placed as such in the market place, whereas the Infiniti gives me the feeling of just another Japanese car. And everything else being equal the Lexus' style is just much nicer than Infiniti's. Just my opinion.

If I were you I'd go down to the Lexus dealer and sit in an IS for awhile and get reaquainted with it while you wait for yours to come in.
Old 11-06-06, 07:39 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by IRCRomeo

You need pics

Quick Reply: Am I the only one with buyers remorse? Could use help.