and some more......
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
em01417.pdf (52.0 KB, 256 views)
Old 11-16-06, 07:46 PM
ur24
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok this is the last one for now that I could find.....IM really interested also in doing this MOD but just dont have the time to figure it out....so if these files help then great.........cuz I love the look of driving with just the Fogs on and not lights on!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
em03d17.pdf (50.2 KB, 317 views)
Old 11-17-06, 06:43 AM
NovaIS350
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah..my last car a 1999 MB E320, you had the option of turning on just the DRL's and FOG's, or just the DRL's only. This is a control issue with me, I dont want a car to tell me what lights have to be on or off...ok and maybe an aesthetic issue...I like my yellow drl's to be on with my yellow fogs...looks clean.
Old 06-03-07, 11:10 AM
mctuners
Lead Lap

So, anyone actually has done this mod?
On the Super Street magazine (June Issue), there was an purple IS350 with this mod on. So, this is possible, but I just don't know where to start from.
Old 06-04-07, 09:06 AM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i;d like to see that IS350.
Old 06-04-07, 12:16 PM
lexem
Pole Position

Bump on this. Can anyone find this mod.
Old 07-02-07, 01:43 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

*bump*

Ok time for a revisit. AND yes we all know you can do it on other cars... but thats not the question, neither is the answer 'yes you can/i seen it done/you gotta pay lexus to do it'

The questions are: Is there a DIY for this yet? Will someone who has done this either fog + parking OR fog only to the STOCK switch please make a DIY?
Old 07-02-07, 01:55 AM
oliveryo
Driver

I tried this already. In Taiwan, all we have to do is turn the light to parking lights, and turn the fogs on.
Old 07-02-07, 08:29 AM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea... I forgot about this thread... Someone figure this out!!! I want separate control of my fogs!!! I will probably do HID fogs if I can figure this out!
Old 07-02-07, 01:06 PM
mr.BeboT
Driver

Originally Posted by oliveryo
I tried this already. In Taiwan, all we have to do is turn the light to parking lights, and turn the fogs on.
Is it possible to compare wiring between Taiwan and US versions to see where the difference lies?
Old 07-02-07, 01:42 PM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by pocky
It's all possible. Just need to find the right wires in the U.S models.

It's a modification. Not something like activating a button. That's why the Lexus dealer will not do it for you, for free. It's not part of the LPS settings. You are trying to ask them to do something "unusual" to their normal practices.

I know in other countries, the fog light can be activated by just the parking light switch.

On my old car the Acura TL, all we needed to do was bridge two wires together, and voila! it worked.

Someone just needs to dig into the electrical manual.
Pocky is right.

All we need is the trigger wire output to the relay to the foglamps from the lowbeam circuit.

Once this is located, then we will need to bridge the parking lamp wire to the foglamp relay for activation.

When this bridge is completed, the foglamp relay will be activated via Parking Lamp and Lowbeam as well.

This may be either Positive or Negative trigger.
Old 07-02-07, 02:30 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,953 Likes on 2,394 Posts

Sorry guys, it's not as simple as you'd like it to be. The fog lamps are controlled by the Body Electrical Area Network (BEAN). They did this to reduce the number of wires used in the car and to allow software changes to enable (or disable) functionality.

If you start disconnecting wires and moving them around, you will very likely have the Body ECUs complaining about faults and failures. It would be really simple to just connect a switch and a wire to the fog lamp relay, but I'd bet if you did this, you have a constant reminder that something is not working on the multi-display.

This is the same kind of issue we have with one button remote window roll up. Not as simple as it looks, but certainly is available in other markets. I think Toyco decided to use the network just so they could have one hardware configuration and multiple implementations for different markets AND reduce the size, weight, and complexity of the wiring harnesses.

FWIW, being able to disconnect the integration between the headlight washers and the windshield washers was pure luck.
Old 07-02-07, 04:20 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ok... so its gonna be hard, HOW? Does anyone know? (is the question)
Old 07-02-07, 09:27 PM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

lobuxracer is right. Lexus vehicles are quite sophisticated in terms of electronics. Any slight changes may read an ERROR and could cause a problem with the electrical system.

If anyone with an electrical manual, it would be nice if they can produce a test.

Quick Reply: Hids off (Fogs on) wiring