Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they don't call it the b*tch seat for nothing...haha

i would make them take off their shoes so they dun scuff the backs of ur seats
Old 11-13-06, 07:04 AM
NovaIS350
Lexus Test Driver

4 in the back seat? are you kidding me. 2 is hard to squeeze in, 3 is by far the limit. 4 people in the back is straight circus clown car. Put someone in the trunk, preferably the oldest person, like grandma or mom.
Old 11-13-06, 07:50 AM
ISbb
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was picking up my friends up... and they kick my back seats with many marks... and I am telling there is no way that you could fit 4 people at the backseats!! So either rent a car or call a taxi...
Old 11-13-06, 08:16 AM
kilo6_one
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have got 4 adults and one 7 year old with no problem, but if it was all adults i would not have tried it, its very unforgiving for the passengers leg room in the back, and the front once the seats are pushed up
Old 11-13-06, 09:42 AM
dcarlson
Driver School Candidate

Some may find this picky, but what's your state? In many it's illegal to have passengers without seatbelts and I could only 3 of those in my IS backseat... Even if the illegality doesn't bother you (or others), you are taking a safety risk with those folks.
Old 11-13-06, 09:43 AM
CeoStatus0
Pole Position

its family thats going to be visiting me for the holidays. My parents and my sister for sure... my grandparents are thinking about comming and that would be an extra 2. I don't want to squeeze everyone in the ride, but a cab is out of the question and renting a car is a no no because I'm letting them us the IS while they're in town because I have a 98 4dr civic as a daily driver.

I would use my civic to pick them up but with the way the suspension is set up I its out of the question. As far as luggage, i'm not concerned because it wont be much because its just a few days.

but all this is family...I'm not going to say no to them..so if my grandparents do come.. i'm just going to have to think of something...its a about 50 mins to the airport and thats why I don't want to make 2 trips.. but I might have to convince someone to wait it out.

but if it was 5 good friends visiting... no question... rent a car or get a cab.... if it was 2 people i'd roll in my civic... 3 people i'd use the IS... anymore than that...not using my IS
Old 11-13-06, 09:48 AM
CeoStatus0
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dcarlson
Some may find this picky, but what's your state? In many it's illegal to have passengers without seatbelts and I could only 3 of those in my IS backseat... Even if the illegality doesn't bother you (or others), you are taking a safety risk with those folks.
no doubt, that was something I was thinking about, not having enough seat belts. I always wait for people to put on their seat belt when they ride with me... I honestly don't know how people can drive without one
Old 11-13-06, 10:18 AM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have gotten 4 teenagers in the back before. All girls however, roughly 100-120lbs about 5"0-5"4 with no problems.
Old 11-13-06, 10:27 AM
Kepeli
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CeoStatus0
its family thats going to be visiting me for the holidays. My parents and my sister for sure... my grandparents are thinking about comming and that would be an extra 2. I don't want to squeeze everyone in the ride, but a cab is out of the question and renting a car is a no no because I'm letting them us the IS while they're in town because I have a 98 4dr civic as a daily driver.
You have 2 cars, grab a friend and take both cars problem solved.
Old 11-13-06, 10:34 AM
TLe2006
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Kepeli
You have 2 cars, grab a friend and take both cars problem solved.
that's what i'd do only if you trust your friend.
Old 11-13-06, 10:43 AM
CeoStatus0
Pole Position

I just sat in my back seat... and there is no way i can even put 3 avg size adults in the back seat let alone 4.
Old 11-13-06, 10:58 AM
Kepeli
Pole Position

What about your neighbors do they have a car you can borrow for however long it will take? My neighbors are cool, If I need to pick something up at Home Depot they will just toss me their keys. If that is an option for you return the favor by filling their car up with gas if it needs it if not buy them a gift certificate at a place they like to eat. Tell them you want to take your family out to eat one day what place do they recommend. They will recommend a place they like so get a GC for that place.
Old 11-13-06, 11:03 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Hartawan
I have gotten 4 teenagers in the back before. All girls however, roughly 100-120lbs about 5"0-5"4 with no problems.
Hook us up with these teenage girls
Old 11-13-06, 11:13 AM
CeoStatus0
Pole Position

I'm pretty stubborn.. I don't like to depend on favors from other people... i'll do favors for people but I don't like favors for me

I live in a new community and people are still moving in, but I barely see my neighbors as is right now. The only neighbor who I would ask, I'm lucky if I see him when I'm taking out my trash

as far as driving both cars... I don't trust anyone here to let them drive my car. I'm pretty **** on that
Old 11-13-06, 11:21 AM
Kepeli
Pole Position

How far is the airport from you? Send a limo or Lincoln Town Car to pick them up.

Quick Reply: 4+ passengers?