IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Neiman Marcus IS350??

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-06, 08:19 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mattssi
HA, sounds like everytime I've walked into a BMW dealership. I'd have 2 BMW's if it weren't for those a holes.
There are racist ****** everywhere, but they definitely seem to be concentrated at "Luxury" dealerships in the USA, like lexus/bmw/mercedes... Pisses me off like you wouldn't believe...

That's why I love the scene of DMX buying the Lambo in the movie Exit Wounds so much
Old 11-17-06, 08:24 AM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NovaIS350
haha..sounds like the people at the lexus dealership i bought my car at...the first wave of people didnt even bother helping me..cause I had a Artful Dodger hoody and nike dunks on...oh and spikey asian boy hair. I didnt get helped until the only cool black salesman (not racist) came out and helped me. He was like, "I saw several of our sales people walk by you, like they didnt even see you..I can't believe that ****. thats why in life you can never judge a person solely on appearance, you never know if your going to miss out on a $45,000 sale. I guess they must have missed you rolling up in your mercedes." Anyway I had to let that one out there, didnt mean to jack the thread, back on topic
I hear ya. I walked around Sewell Lexus in Dallas yesterday for 30 minutes before someone offered to help me. Once the guy found out I wasn't going to buy the car right then and there, he left. If he only knew how much that experience is going to affect me come March when I am ready to buy... he lost his sale to Park Place Lexus.

Oh, and don't even get me started on the BMW salesmen!
Old 11-18-06, 11:31 AM
brravvo
Driver

Originally Posted by SerKevin
<rant>Sorry but I detest Neiman Marcus and refuse to set foot in their stores after being asked by one of their snotty salespeople "Can you afford to shop at Neiman Marcus???" when I asked for help. When I asked to speak to a manager she had about the same attitude... thanks but no thanks.</rant>

If I'm looking for high end I go to Saks or Norstroms where they are actually nice and know how to treat a customer.
wow.
thats horrible.
you know i heard writing a complaint letter really helps and is more effective than a phone call. Also they usually respond with some type of major discount or store credit.
what store did this happen at?
stupid salespeople get out of hand sometimes.
Old 11-18-06, 01:17 PM
omgitsroy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

follow 'em out and key their cars... bastards.. i hate people like that.. i'm a typical jeans, cap, white shirt type of guy... i dont' need to dress up to shop.. i hate bastards like that...
Old 11-20-06, 07:06 AM
SerKevin
Pole Position

brravo,

It happened at the Galleria location in Houston, Texas. I actually talked to a manager in person at the store when the incident occurred. To be honest, it was seven years ago and the funny thing is at that time, before the .com bubble busted, I could have probably purchased anything in that store... BTW, not the case now lol!

Also I didn't mean to hijack this thread so, back on topic...

I really like the way those pearlized colors, like the NM color look but I agree with others I don't thinks it is the Breakwater Blue color.
Old 05-03-07, 08:03 PM
fluke
Rookie

I finally saw the car around town. It actually wasn't the Neiman Marcus color, or the breakwater blue. It was basically white with a hint of ice bluish metallic color at different angles depending on how the light hit it. It was actually a Lexus Service Loaner Car. Does anyone else have loaner cars in their area with that color? I wish i had a camera but it was the most beautiful color ever. Better than the NM edition. This is in Las Vegas. And i swear I also saw that color in Hawaii.
Old 05-03-07, 08:04 PM
miniround
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

there's a few glacier loaners that i've seen driving around here. I assume that they are just cars that people brought back which have not been sold for some reason.
Old 05-03-07, 08:29 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Glacer Frost Mica for the win... AGAIN.

Javier
Old 05-03-07, 11:35 PM
mog79
Rookie

Default loaner

wow that's a nice loaner car haha next time i need a loaner from Lexus of Las Vegas I'll make sure to ask for THAT car hehe. and on the other comment about service. I walked into Lexus of Las Vegas with a t-shirt, jeans and street shoes(aka not very sharp) but the receptionist was very friendly and I was approached within a few min. by one of the sales people asking if I needed some help but I already had an appt. to meet one of them. So far everyone who's helped me there has been more than helpful and friendly even though I dress like a bum and wasn't 100% set on buying when walking in. But obviously I did buy one.