IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Luminic blubs and LuminicsBulbs.com a SCAM??

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-06, 08:21 AM
SilverLexo
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Luminic blubs and LuminicsBulbs.com a SCAM??

I ordered a set of yellow bulbs for my IS350 on the 6th of this month. I got an automated email stating that the order would be shipped out the same day and US customers should receive their packages within 2-3 days. Needless to say after not getting them after a week I call them. Voice mailbox is full. I send an email reply to both of the addresses I had received emails from them...inbox is full and I get two bounced replies. Did I just get shafted on my funds? Has anyone else ordered from them lately?

Last edited by SilverLexo; 11-17-06 at 08:28 AM.
Old 11-17-06, 08:35 AM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Default Similar experience

Originally Posted by SilverLexo
I ordered a set of yellow bulbs for my IS350 on the 6th of this month. I got an automated email stating that the order would be shipped out the same day and US customers should receive their packages within 2-3 days. Needless to say after not getting them after a week I call them. Voice mailbox is full. I send an email reply to both of the addresses I had received emails from them...inbox is full and I get two bounced replies. Did I just get shafted on my funds? Has anyone else ordered from them lately?
Not sure if you did get shafted, but if you did, call your bank or credit card company and let them know. Ask for the fraud department.

I had a similar situation with a company when I tried to buy an AEM Air Intake for my Accord. The company said it would ship on a certain date, it never did, they charged me for it, I tried to call multiple times and never got a response. I called my bank and they refunded me the $230 and sent me a new debit card. I also filed a complaint against the company with the Better Business Bureau. I never heard from the company and my intake never showed up.

Hope that helps a little. Good luck and keep us posted.

Last edited by Buds; 11-17-06 at 08:54 AM.
Old 11-17-06, 08:47 AM
SilverLexo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Buds
Not sure if you did get shafted, but if you did, call your bank or credit card company and let them know. Ask for the fraud department.

I had a similar situation with a company when I tried to buy an AEM Air Intake for my Accord. The company said it would ship on a certain date, it never did, they charged me for it, I tried to call multiple times and never got a response. I called my bank and they refunded me the $230 and send me a new debit card. I also filed a complaint against the company with the Better Business Bureau. I never heard from the company and my intake never showed up.

Hope that helps a little. Good luck and keep us posted.

Yeah I just did that. Crappy thing is that I only learned about that site and company from reading the forums here.
Old 11-17-06, 09:28 AM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SilverLexo
Yeah I just did that. Crappy thing is that I only learned about that site and company from reading the forums here.
Yeah that sucks. I can't imagine someone would post a site and recommend it if they had a bad experience with it... unless someone from the company made up a bunch of bs and posted it here.
Old 11-17-06, 09:37 AM
archaic
Driver School Candidate

I bought bulbs from them a year ago and received them. Not the greatest bulbs though. Also, I was supposed to get a free LED keychain with my order which I did not receive.
Old 11-17-06, 03:18 PM
akkord
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I never had a problem with them in the past...I ordered once through them for some JDM Yellow H3's for fogs on my Accord, got them with the free LED keychain...this was about a year ago...
Old 11-18-06, 10:39 PM
SilverLexo
Lead Lap

Well goodluck trying to contact them nowadays. Maybe they went under. Hopefully my credit card company gives me my money back.