VAISTECH SLI iPOD intergration Installation - Installer wanted

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-06, 05:32 PM
Crazy Yoda
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VAISTECH SLI iPOD intergration Installation - Installer wanted

Hey all.

For anyone who live in Florida near Tampa...do you know of anyonw who will do a good Job installing the VAISTECH SLI iPOD kit. I talked to "Audio Itch" in Tampa, they are a long time stereo/tint/mod installer, and they said they could do the deed for about $80 (not too bad in my book).

I do not have the heart to rip into the interior of the car. I have never had a stereo installed before and am not shy to do electronic upgrades but with a 48k car I am nervous to say the least! Any information would be great!

Thanks!
Old 11-18-06, 06:21 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't sweat it. Just make sure they have good instructions, you may even want to provide them with instructions from here.

I'm not a professional installer, not even close. But I did it not problem. There are only about 3 places where you might make a mistake but nothing catastrophic. If I can do it, for $80 they can do it, don't worry about it.
Old 11-18-06, 08:00 PM
Crazy Yoda
Pole Position

Thanks...

The more I think about it the more I may just do it myself and save the $80...
Old 11-18-06, 10:04 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

there's enough people monitoring this thread during the evening, we could open a realtime thread for hacks to post pictures and ask questions throughout the procedure....you could get help online. for those who are a bit hesistant to try it. i wouldn't go so far as to say it's easy but like i said there are only about 3 rough spots and a couple of gotchas, otherwise it's not so bad.
Old 11-26-06, 07:42 AM
Crazy Yoda
Pole Position

I got it installed a day ago. It was not too bad with the exception of the air vents. Other than that it worked out well and looks great.
Old 11-26-06, 09:27 AM
cspec
Lexus Champion

Post pictures!
Old 11-26-06, 09:35 AM
SParker1tx
Pole Position

Yes Pictures PLEASE!! For those of us who arent first nature to ripping up are beautiful new cars to edit there features please show us step-by-step so we dont destroy them!!
Old 11-26-06, 07:36 PM
Crazy Yoda
Pole Position

Well it was about a 5 on a scale of one to ten for "stereo" installation in my book. The only hard part is geting the a/c vents out. The rest is easy as pie.

I followed this thread:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=221337

The only thing that i did different is to put my vais box on the left side of the shifter case. It sits between that and the out side of the center console. You have to move a few wires around and the fit is tight but it works well. I will check it in about a week to make sure that the wiring is not getting too hot in this location. At that time i will snap a few pics for you guys.

Total install time was about an hour. This includes me getting out of the car a half dozen times to get the is juice and snacks to go with their movie.