IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

I hit not one BUT TWO Deer...NE Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-06, 08:52 AM
davidrossh
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I hit not one BUT TWO Deer...NE Ohio

A couple of weeks ago I smacked a ~150 lb. doe off my right front end at 5:00am...man, she flew 10-15 feet..got up and ran away. I was doing 45 mph downhill and slowed to about 10-15 mph before impact. I sat in the dark and got my wits about me...pulled to a local ski area that had some parking lot lights on and couldn't believe it. I had a small buckle on the right fender that ran vetically from the wheel well to the hood...that's it! The hood was straight and true and a subsequent trip to Akron Canton Lexus showed no other damage! Last week I hit a 6-8 pointer on US 30. He was standing in the highway as I came out of a dark right hand sweeper at 75 mph...impact was at 25-30 mph as he was trying to jump over my left front fender...nice gash in same said fender with dings down left doors where spinning hooves and antlers got in the last word. I am grateful I was not hurt and that my baby is only cosmetically bruised. Next time I go deer hunting I'll trade in my 12 ga. for a Lexus. Does anyone know of a reputable body/custom shop in NE Ohio? Lexus gave me a list, but won't back anyone in particular.
Old 11-26-06, 10:47 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should post this same thing in the Great Lakes regional forum. Did the 2nd deer live? Any pics?
Old 11-26-06, 02:41 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Welcome to Club Lexus.

Lexus won't back anyone in particular because they're not allowed to show favortism. As long as it's a Lexus authorized body shop you should be okay.
Good luck.
Old 11-26-06, 03:00 PM
TheBatman
Driver

Deacon's Collision on Mayfield Avenue in Mayfield Heights.

2 years ago I got into a fender bender with my Infiniti (needed a new front bumper and fog light, mostly cosmetic damage). Deacon's was recommended by Geico. They did amazing work - perfect paint match, fitment was like it came from the factory, no rattles or squeaks.

I highly recommend them.
Old 11-26-06, 03:02 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Do the Lexus dealers in your area not have body shops? If the dealer has a good reputation, I would take it there.
Old 11-26-06, 03:05 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TheBatman
Deacon's Collision on Mayfield Avenue in Mayfield Heights.

2 years ago I got into a fender bender with my Infiniti (needed a new front bumper and fog light, mostly cosmetic damage). Deacon's was recommended by Geico. They did amazing work - perfect paint match, fitment was like it came from the factory, no rattles or squeaks.

I highly recommend them.
That would be a TOTAL coincidence that the insurance company's recommeded body shop actually did good work. I had LOTS of accidents as a teenager, and always used the insurance company's recommended body shop with terrible results. As I wised up to their motivation (cost), I started avoiding the shops they recommended, and got MUCH better results.
Old 11-26-06, 03:15 PM
TheBatman
Driver

Originally Posted by Gernby
That would be a TOTAL coincidence that the insurance company's recommeded body shop actually did good work. I had LOTS of accidents as a teenager, and always used the insurance company's recommended body shop with terrible results. As I wised up to their motivation (cost), I started avoiding the shops they recommended, and got MUCH better results.
Yeah, I got very lucky. At the time I didn't have the chance to shop around so I just went with Geico's recommendation and crossed my fingers. Turns out they did excellent work, I couldn't have picked a better shop myself.