IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Road Trip!!!!-Results---1700 mile trip

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-06, 09:25 PM
nighthawk
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Road Trip!!!!-Results---1700 mile trip

Well like the title says, I took the plunge and decided I bought the car for a reason. It was either my girlfriends Honda Accord Coupe or my IS250. I took the IS250.

It was a really confortable ride and the IS did great. Overall it was a good trip and had no trouble with the IS, sound as anything. I drove from Irvine, CA (socal) to Alamagordo, NM for a total roundtrip of 1700 miles. It was a lot of fun and my relatives couldn't believe the car I was driving.

I used the nav system for the entire trip and it took me across the I-10 the whole way, hitting the US-70 at the end. The nav did get stuck a few times whith the miles to the next turn calculation. For example the nav kept up with the total miles left to the destination, but got stuck sometimes on the miles to the next turn.

I love this car and it did a perfect job on the trip without so much of a peep of trouble. The bugs came off really well too, but I have a clear bra.

Anyways, if you have a road trip coming up then take your IS, you will not regret it. A car is meant to be driven!!!!Especially one like this!
Old 11-26-06, 09:30 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Having driven my IS from Texas to California and back, I have to agree with you - it's an absolute pleasure to drive this car, especially on long trips.

Javier
Old 11-26-06, 09:35 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Did you happen to take any pics you can post?

p.s. It's AeroTect
Old 11-27-06, 01:07 AM
Tony59blue
Lead Lap

I took mine from Houston,Texas to Atlanta, Georgia and back all within 2 days. It was a great drive. When i got back my miles per gallon was like 29.8 miles per gallon. I thought that was great. I was driving anywhere from 70 to 90 mph.
Old 11-27-06, 07:24 AM
omgitsroy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

hmmm.. i was on the road for 6 hours and the seats started givin me pains around my a$$ and back... no one had this problem?
Old 11-27-06, 07:35 AM
ZD-Lexus
Driver

I sometimes get slight back pain on extended trips with the car. But I think it's me, I am on the heavy set side (195 lbs!! ) and I have a fairly broad back. So the first indication of back pain takes place on my lower left and right sides. Time to lose a few pounds. Still I hope this didn't veer too much off the subject of the post, the car is still comfortable overall.
Old 11-27-06, 07:35 AM
heyheyhey
Rookie

Just got done with a trip from VA to FL for thanksgiving. Great trip... Hooked up the laptop to the AUX input for surround sound movies for most of the way for the passengers. Helps keep you awake better than regular music.
Old 11-27-06, 07:40 AM
omgitsroy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

besides 6 hours trip... it's great... first 4 hours i had no issues...

omg.. stupid annoyin lil brother complaint bout the back seat... i told him " i didn't buy the car for you.. i bought the car cause of this (me flooring on the freeway)." Anyhow it was uncomfortable on a long long trip. I did bout 1000 miles this weekend.. hahaha

happy thanksgivin everyone~
Old 11-27-06, 01:39 PM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by omgitsroy
hmmm.. i was on the road for 6 hours and the seats started givin me pains around my a$$ and back... no one had this problem?
I had this problem until I found the lumbar button and moved the front part of the seat up. You know, not forward but raised it up so it doesn't feel like you are being dumped out of your seat.
Old 11-27-06, 03:59 PM
Crazy Yoda
Pole Position

I drive 126 miles round trip every day to work and sometimes it takes two hours. wehn I drive our van or our now defunct RAV4 my back would hurt but not in the IS350! I am looking forward to our trip from Florida to Boston this coming summer.
Old 11-27-06, 06:45 PM
WhoDat
Pole Position

I have to agree on the driving part....it's cool as hell to open up on he highways...but sleeping in it....no way. And it did start to get my back some pains.
Old 11-27-06, 06:58 PM
CWS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by WhoDat
I have to agree on the driving part....it's cool as hell to open up on he highways...but sleeping in it....no way. And it did start to get my back some pains.
Had to have a nap, on a trip from TX to MT, and was really surprised to find that the driver's seat moves back, and down, very far. Was just fine for a short nap, I think! Probably wouldn't be good for a whole night's sleep, though. I had no problems with back pain, at all, and drove 21 hours on the last leg home (Vegas to central TX).
Old 11-27-06, 07:26 PM
okiaristo
Pole Position

glad it was good to you but 1 question... what is in alamogordo NM? there is nothing there (to do)!!!!! are you Mil?
Old 11-27-06, 07:29 PM
Yuri
Rookie

Damnnnn!!! Nice trip tho
Old 11-27-06, 07:32 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 267 Likes on 237 Posts

hmmm.. i was on the road for 6 hours and the seats started givin me pains around my a$$
I've had problems with pains in my **** on long trips; can't blame Lexus though since the source of the problem wasn't my seat, but the one to my right.

Quick Reply: Road Trip!!!!-Results---1700 mile trip