IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Go for IS250RWD Sport or Infiniti G35 Sport

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-06, 11:00 PM
AJA
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Go for IS250RWD Sport or Infiniti G35 Sport

Based on my budget and similar features/tech goodies, I'm thinking of buying either an IS 250 RWD with the Sport package or an Infitinit G35 Sport. My wife and I test drove both cars. We both liked the styling and luxurious finish of the IS250. I did not like that it only has 204hp and she did not like the cramp back seat. As for the G35, I liked the power (306hp) and handling and she like the roominess of the interior. I did not like the styling as compared to IS 250.

Right now, we're (actually me more than her) confused as to what we should go for.

I would appreciate any inputs as to pros and cons of an IS 250RWD Sport versus a G35 Sport.

If you were me what would you go for?
Your thoughts and comments (even biased) would be much appreciated.

Last edited by AJA; 11-27-06 at 11:08 PM.
Old 11-27-06, 11:19 PM
omgitsroy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

why not get a is350 ... you got the speed ... there it's done... i got mine for 36k before tax and lic... included pref. seat, navi, spoiler, upgraded wheel...

the key is to bargain an is350 to an is250 price..... good luck... i like the new 07 g35 ... i have all respect for that car, but fit and finish on the g35 is very questionable from my friends point of view (he's owned one for two years)
Old 11-27-06, 11:19 PM
jsquared
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so the 350 is out of the question? what does she want more? here, you're deciding between speed or luxury. or you can get both with the 350. but if that's not a choice, decide what is more practical, i'm assuming maybe the 250. any kids? cause then, the 250 might be too tight a fit in the back. but remember you get all the goodies in the 250. let us know more details and maybe we can help you more.
Old 11-27-06, 11:39 PM
Austin99
Driver School Candidate

Considering I bought a 05 G35 Coupe with the sports package brand new for the wife 19 months ago. Talked her into testing out the IS 350 which she said wouldn't like as much as her G. Needless to say she loved the Lexus. Traded in her car today and drove home in the IS.
Old 11-27-06, 11:40 PM
jsquared
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Austin99
Considering I bought a 05 G35 Coupe with the sports package brand new for the wife 19 months ago. Talked her into testing out the IS 350 which she said wouldn't like as much as her G. Needless to say she loved the Lexus. Traded in her car today and drove home in the IS.
haha nice! welcome to the IS family! how much is the price difference between the post? maybe that'll help the OP.
Old 11-27-06, 11:42 PM
AJA
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jsquared
so the 350 is out of the question? what does she want more? here, you're deciding between speed or luxury. or you can get both with the 350. but if that's not a choice, decide what is more practical, i'm assuming maybe the 250. any kids? cause then, the 250 might be too tight a fit in the back. but remember you get all the goodies in the 250. let us know more details and maybe we can help you more.
The reason why the 350 is out is because I would only be able to get the standard package based on my budget. The std. package being premium heated/ventilated power front leather seats, manual tilt/tele steering, halogen headlights, 17" wheels with all-season tires and NO moonroof.

The 250RWD with the Sport package, it includes the following features:
Adaptive Front Lighting System
Bi-Xenon High Intensity Discharge (HID) Headlamps
Electrochromic Side View Mirrors
Power Tilt/Telescopic Steering Wheel
Power Moonroof
Premium Leather Seat Surfaces
Lexus Driver Memory Seat System with Three Driver Memory Settings
Lexus Passenger Memory Seat System with Three Passenger Memory Settings
Heated Passenger Seat with Ventilation Fan
Heated Driver Seat with Ventilation Fan
10-way Power Adjustable Drivers Seat
10-way Power Adjustable Passenger Seat
Sport Suspension
P255/40R18 (Rear) Performance Summer Radials
P225/40R18 (Front) Performance Summer Radials
Metallic Dash Accents
Aluminum Sport Pedals with Rubber Inserts
Stainless Steel Scuff Plates
18" Aluminum Alloy Wheels
Rain Sensing Wipers

As for the G35 Sport, it includes the following features:
Power driver’s seat lumbar support
Power sliding tinted glass sunroof, one-touch auto-up/down rear windows
Infiniti Studio on WheelsTM by Bose® premium audio system with 24-bit Burr-Brown DAC, in-dash single-feed CD player and 6-disc CD changer with MP3 playback, Radio Data System (RDS) and ten speakers
Memory system for driver’s seat, steering wheel and outside mirrors
Front seat thigh extender & driver seat power torso & adjustment
Power tilt and telescopic steering column
Auto-dimming inside mirror with compass and HomeLink® universal garage-door opener
7" LCD screen for audio and A/C
Bluetooth® Hands-Free Phone System
Viscous limited slip rear differential
Speed sensitive wipers
P245/45R18 (Rear) Performance Summer Radials
P225/45R18 (Front) Performance Summer Radials
Aluminum Sport Pedals
Old 11-27-06, 11:44 PM
AJA
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Austin99
So what did your wife like about the 350?
Old 11-27-06, 11:48 PM
jsquared
Lexus Test Driver

ok so is this the wifey's car or yours? any kids? sorry, i don't mean to sound like i'm prying, just trying to get more info to help deciding. the pros for is250 would be interior/exterior styling, electronics/goodies, and for the g35, the hp and space. i'm not sure how much roomier the g is compared to the is, but if you say it's bigger, then that would be another plus. and also, i'm not sure how much better the g handles, if it is even better.
Old 11-28-06, 09:34 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

If I had to choose between an IS250 and a G35, I go for the G35. Pretty easy decision for me, the power is just too important a factor for me. The G is also much more easily modified than the IS right now due to the HUGE availability of aftermarket and NISMO performance parts.

Javier
Old 11-28-06, 12:12 PM
AJA
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by javyLSU
If I had to choose between an IS250 and a G35, I go for the G35. Pretty easy decision for me, the power is just too important a factor for me. The G is also much more easily modified than the IS right now due to the HUGE availability of aftermarket and NISMO performance parts.

Javier
Thanks javyLSU.
Old 11-28-06, 12:20 PM
AJA
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jsquared
ok so is this the wifey's car or yours? any kids? sorry, i don't mean to sound like i'm prying, just trying to get more info to help deciding. the pros for is250 would be interior/exterior styling, electronics/goodies, and for the g35, the hp and space. i'm not sure how much roomier the g is compared to the is, but if you say it's bigger, then that would be another plus. and also, i'm not sure how much better the g handles, if it is even better.
The car will be like a family car for my wife and my 8 yr. old son. Basically, we want a sport luxury sedan with nice styling, good handling, enough power and sufficient luxury features.
Old 11-28-06, 12:22 PM
Shawnmack
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Between the Is250 and the G35 I'll go with the G35 The Is 250 is slow the G35 is a beast and handles like crazy plus the interior is 100x better than the last G I woud go with the G easily No 2nd thoughts about it.
Old 11-28-06, 12:23 PM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by AJA
The reason why the 350 is out is because I would only be able to get the standard package based on my budget. The std. package being premium heated/ventilated power front leather seats, manual tilt/tele steering, halogen headlights, 17" wheels with all-season tires and NO moonroof.
I thought all 350's come with 18 inch wheels and a moonroof (at least every 350 i've ever seen on a dealer's lot...)???
Old 11-28-06, 12:24 PM
AJA
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Shawnmack
Between the Is250 and the G35 I'll go with the G35 The Is 250 is slow the G35 is a beast and handles like crazy plus the interior is 100x better than the last G I woud go with the G easily No 2nd thoughts about it.
Thanks Shawnmack.
Old 11-28-06, 12:26 PM
AJA
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Buds
I thought all 350's come with 18 inch wheels and a moonroof (at least every 350 i've ever seen on a dealer's lot...)???
Maybe in the US, the standard 350 comes with 18". Up here in Canada, it only comes with 17". You will have to get a package to get the 18s.

Quick Reply: Go for IS250RWD Sport or Infiniti G35 Sport