3M Clear Bra for IS250

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-06, 06:50 PM
cmcalpin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3M Clear Bra for IS250

Hi Guys,

My apologies if this has already been posted but I could not find anything about it.

I just purchased a new IS250 and I was told by the dealership that I have 30 days to decide if I want to add the 3M Clear Bra for my car.

My question is, have any of you done this to your vehicle, and is it worth the money to have Lexus do it, or have a 3rd Party company do it?

They are offering it to me for $1149 ($100 off their normal price). That seems to be fairly expensive. All it states on the paperwork is nose mask and bumber. I would really like to get the rockerpanel done as well.

For those who have gotten in done, could you please let me know exactly what your getting in this package?

Any assistance and recomendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Craig
Old 11-28-06, 06:54 PM
doctorttt
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Way too expensive. For that price, you can do hood, bumper, fender, side mirriors and full rear bumper using 3M. A reputable installer would be as good as Lexus. A lot of us have our IS clear braed from 3rd party installers.
Old 11-28-06, 07:09 PM
solo_stage
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that seems super expensive for a clear bra. i paid $700 for mine at lexus and i still think its pretty expensive... try getting them down more because they CAN go down.. i know someone who got it for like $400

and TRUST ME.. its worth it and you should get it SOON before there are rock chips on ur car!!
Old 11-28-06, 08:34 PM
BottomsUp
Lead Lap

that is extremely expensive. Have it done by a 3rd party who has done ISs before. $500-600 is the right price.
Old 11-28-06, 10:33 PM
tazdevl
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't go 3M. Ventureshield has a new clear coat film out. Even the older film is superior to 3Ms film.

www.ventureshield.com click on dealer and find an installer in Oregon.
Old 11-28-06, 10:47 PM
MoLexus
Lexus Test Driver

STOP!!! Do not go with 3M. Ask for a sample and you will see why. My suggestion is go do more research including with that price offering.
Old 11-28-06, 11:18 PM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

what's wrong with 3M? please kindly share.
Old 11-28-06, 11:58 PM
omgitsroy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by istundra
what's wrong with 3M? please kindly share.
+1...............
Old 11-29-06, 12:32 AM
lexuspdx
Pole Position

Craig,

Congrats on your new car!!!

I would recommend you do the clear bra ASAP!!! You're doomed after your first chip! There's a lot of gravel on the road now from this weeks snow/ice storms. I got mine done through 503motoring. They are one of the best. I'm sure there are others out there that do it for less, but I didn't want to take any chances.

www.503motoring.com

3M products
They did 1/4 of my hood, complete front end, headlights, side mirrors, door sills, part of front quarter panel, and top of back bumper. $850
(I would have him do the inside of the door handles)
35% Tint w/lifetime warranty. $300
Exterior detail, claying, and Meguires wax $150
Interior detail. $150 retail, but he threw it in free b/c I was getting all the others. Total package was $1300.00

You can also look into LeCar on 82nd. They did the tinting on my old TL. They also did a very good job. They use VentureShield.

Be careful who you shop around for b/c some people have not done the 2IS.

I chose 503motoring b/c they have done some already and they have a very good reputation. Some of the old Blazer players used them. I would post some pics but my mom borrowed my camera (in Thailand now).

A lot of Cali people use aerotect. They get almost the whole freakin car done for about 1/2 of what we pay up here.

Do a search for "clear bra" and you will get a load of info.

Also, you should look into buying the All Season Rubber Floormats from Sewell Lexus. It's about $90 including shipping and it really saves your interior! it's $125 at Lexus of PDX.

Good Luck!

Email me if you want more info
kennethcbee@aol.com

Last edited by lexuspdx; 11-29-06 at 12:14 PM.
Old 11-29-06, 10:44 AM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I spent $850 for
3M clear bra (Max Coverage)
Hood
Fenders
Bumper
Front Lip
Mirrors
Rear Bumper
Door Handles
Door Edges
Headlamps

3M Color Stable Tint
50% All around

If you are in norcal, post here and I will refer you to the shop at Fremont Automall.
Old 11-29-06, 11:07 AM
Soda
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lexuspdx
Also, you should look into buying the All Season Rubber Floormats from Sewell Lexus. It's about $90 including shipping and it really saves your interior! it's $125 at Lexus of PDX.
I love the all weather floor mats! Bought them right after I got the car!!
Old 11-29-06, 02:17 PM
cmcalpin
Driver School Candidate

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the great advice. I've done some research and I found a company here in Hillsboro that will do the whole car for $800. This includes coverage fully on the hood as well, not just 18 inches like normal. They use Ventureshield as there main product line. Company name is Clear Bra of Oregon

Icludes the following:

Full Coverage on the Hood
Fenders
Bumper
Front Lip
Mirrors
Rear Bumper
Door Handles
Door Edges
Headlamps/Foglamps
Top of Rear Bumper

I plan on tenting my windows early next year. Probably around 35%. I have got all of my cars done at Alexia's Auto Tint. They quoted me $269 for the job.

Thanks again everyone for your assistance and ideas.

Craig
Old 11-29-06, 02:51 PM
G35TOIS350
Lexus Test Driver

found out my local Lexus dealer does the 3M job!!! very happy I dont have to drive to Chicago now. Hood, bumper, mirrors and tips of fenders $550. Making an appt after pay day.
Old 12-02-06, 09:34 PM
lexuspdx
Pole Position

Originally Posted by cmcalpin
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the great advice. I've done some research and I found a company here in Hillsboro that will do the whole car for $800. This includes coverage fully on the hood as well, not just 18 inches like normal. They use Ventureshield as there main product line. Company name is Clear Bra of Oregon

Icludes the following:

Full Coverage on the Hood
Fenders
Bumper
Front Lip
Mirrors
Rear Bumper
Door Handles
Door Edges
Headlamps/Foglamps
Top of Rear Bumper

I plan on tenting my windows early next year. Probably around 35%. I have got all of my cars done at Alexia's Auto Tint. They quoted me $269 for the job.

Thanks again everyone for your assistance and ideas.

Craig
Did you ever get your clear bra? You can also get to www.aerotect.net and get other goodies like fog overlays and center console overlay. I just put yellow overlays on my fogs.
Old 12-03-06, 10:20 AM
Irishman06
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by istundra
If you are in norcal, post here and I will refer you to the shop at Fremont Automall.
Where in Fremont Automall?

I went over to Premier last week (on Automall in an industrial park), they quoted me $690 for an install of the ventureshield stuff, and $550 for a ceramic tint...

Quick Reply: 3M Clear Bra for IS250