Navigation Hack Alternative - Hybrid Nav DVD

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-09, 06:24 PM
BottomsUp
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

First thanks for this excellent thread.

I have burned a hybrid 8.1/5.1 disk followed all the steps and the override works fine in my 2007 IS250, however all of the POI icons and region info is missing now. For example when where it's supposed to show the US for the region it's blank. On the map no POI's show up.

I tried pulling the fuse for a long time, resetting and loading again, but with no luck. Any ideas?

P.S. I burned with imgburn ISO 9660 - UDF & Bitsetting to DVD-ROM

Thanks
Old 05-30-09, 08:32 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

What type of disc did you use? Try Verbatim. I have no problems.
Old 05-31-09, 12:27 AM
BottomsUp
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by VikH
What type of disc did you use? Try Verbatim. I have no problems.
false alarm. There is a folder with bitmaps that I accidentally didn't drag/drop into the burner software. Reburned with this and it works.

For those who may read this I stuggled a bit with this entire process and it turns out ISO 9660 + UDF is the key. Most burning software defaults to UDF only. This is mentioned here and there in various threads, but not as prominently as the need to change the booktype so I thought I'd mention it again in case he helps someone else.

Thanks
Old 10-19-09, 01:49 PM
jekyl
Driver School Candidate

Sorry to bring back a thread from the dead but I have a question on the hybrid nav disc.
I just picked up an '05 GX470 with the original disc and it has the override option. I also have an '08 IS250 with it's original nav disc.

My question is: can I use the '08 IS nav disc data, just overwriting the "loading.kwi" file with the '05 "loading.kwi" and use it in the GX (or even the IS)to maintain the override option?
If I am correct the GX is a gen 4 and the IS is a gen 5, so I was wondering if this would f anything up? Anybody have any experience with this?

Thanks
Old 12-13-09, 03:09 PM
njjason
Driver School Candidate

Can anyone help me? PLEASE!!! I made a hybrid 5.1 - 6.1 disc and put it in my car.. a 2007 IS250. My nav system shows me "A program cannot be used. Please consult to a dealer." and then a bunch of japanese symbols. I used a Memorex DVD+R DL with Roxio using jerfitz instructions on another forum here.

I'm not so concerned about the error, as i am about the following. My MENU button seems to not work, so I CANNOT get to the DVD eject button. Is there any way I can get the DVD out? Please help!!!! I am driving from NJ to CA in 2 days!!!!

Thanks
Old 03-10-10, 10:16 AM
alik99
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bringing the old but very good thread back.

Has anyone done Hybrid disk with latest version 9 disk?

Thanks for all the great info!
Old 03-10-10, 02:08 PM
rselby
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am about to do one soon...got a copy of my 9.1 disc Im gonna try it with, will post results!
Old 03-12-10, 04:23 AM
alik99
Rookie

Thumbs up It works!

Originally Posted by alik99
Bringing the old but very good thread back.

Has anyone done Hybrid disk with latest version 9 disk?

Thanks for all the great info!
To answer my own question.

I have '06 IS that came with an old disk, the one that had the override.

I just got a new v.9 disk.
(1) I copied all the files from the v.9 disk to PC.
(2) I tool LOADING.KWI file from my old (v.5) disk and copied it over to the directory where my new (v.9) files are. Thus, replacing the already existing loading.kwi file.
(3) I used Verbatim Dual Layer DVD media for burning.
(4) I used Power2Go softward to burn a new DVD.
-- You can probably use most any software as long as you can do 2 things
1. Set the files system to ISO 9660 format, this will be a default for most sofware. Just make sure to double check it.
2. Very important (!). I haven't done this when I tried using a different software (UltimateISO) and got 3 non-working disks. So this has to be done.
-- Set the Book Type (aka Bitsetting) = DVD-ROM

Since I have had an old disk in the system, I didn't have to pull the fuse. But looking at the fuse box, there were 2 fuses in there, one said Radio 1 and another Radio 2 (btw, I don't have ML system). So, i guess you need to pull Radio 1 to reset the Nav unit.

Huge thanks to the originator of this thread, Technique! and thanks to others who contributed over time!

Good Luck!
Old 03-12-10, 04:49 PM
quang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

9.1 hybrid works on my 06 350, previously had 8.1 hybrid.

Last edited by quang; 03-12-10 at 06:20 PM.
Old 03-12-10, 06:04 PM
hungryboi
Driver School Candidate

Does this work on any '09 ISx50 models?? Is the fuse box different for the later models than 2007?
Old 03-15-10, 06:28 AM
alik99
Rookie

Originally Posted by hungryboi
Does this work on any '09 ISx50 models?? Is the fuse box different for the later models than 2007?
I dont see why this wouldn't work on 09 model, it has the same GPS.

Not sure about fuse box.
Old 03-25-10, 01:52 PM
RU514
Lead Lap

Just confirmed Navigation 9.1 with 5.1 Loading.KWI working on 07 IS250.

Used Verbatim media (the ones made in Singapore since they reportedly have a better dye) and used ImgBurn.
Old 03-28-10, 05:23 AM
dembou
Rookie

Originally Posted by quang
9.1 hybrid works on my 06 350, previously had 8.1 hybrid.
Any trick for loading the disk, or is just ejecting the old one and inserting the new one?

Some people talk about removing a battery terminal or a fuse!

UPDATE: I just swapped the disks and it worked just fine, the only thing is that the old disk was version 6.1 which automatically updated my firmware , however, I swapped the loading.kwi file for the 5.1 version and I read that removing the fuse after inserting a disk with the 5.1 loading.kwi file will downgrade the firmware again to enable the override. I'll give it a shot once I figure out where are the fuses and which one to remove (I've never looked for it before lol).

Last edited by dembou; 03-28-10 at 06:52 AM. Reason: update
Old 03-30-10, 03:16 PM
AznJason
Lead Lap

Anyone know why in an '08 with ML/Nav that pulling the fuse and putting in a v5.1 Lexus Nav DVD (the official one, not a hybrid) would cause it to say "Program cannot be read, please consult to a dealer"?

I've tried a v5.1 dvd, a hybrid, but nothing will work. Putting back the v7.1 dvd will cause it to go through the entire "System Loading" process, at which point putting in any of the other DVDs will work, just without the override.
Old 03-31-10, 09:26 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dembou
Any trick for loading the disk, or is just ejecting the old one and inserting the new one?

Some people talk about removing a battery terminal or a fuse!

UPDATE: I just swapped the disks and it worked just fine, the only thing is that the old disk was version 6.1 which automatically updated my firmware , however, I swapped the loading.kwi file for the 5.1 version and I read that removing the fuse after inserting a disk with the 5.1 loading.kwi file will downgrade the firmware again to enable the override. I'll give it a shot once I figure out where are the fuses and which one to remove (I've never looked for it before lol).

Fuse to pull is in the fuse panel under the steering wheel side, fuse is marked "TV-1"

Originally Posted by AznJason
Anyone know why in an '08 with ML/Nav that pulling the fuse and putting in a v5.1 Lexus Nav DVD (the official one, not a hybrid) would cause it to say "Program cannot be read, please consult to a dealer"?

I've tried a v5.1 dvd, a hybrid, but nothing will work. Putting back the v7.1 dvd will cause it to go through the entire "System Loading" process, at which point putting in any of the other DVDs will work, just without the override.
That usually means you did not properly burn the DVD. Make sure you set booktype to "DVD-ROM". If you do not, it will give you the "please consult to a dealer" message along with the Japanese characters.

Also try using Verbatim media, and burn at 1X or 2X. But booktype to "DVD-ROM" is the most critical, it will NOT work without this.

Quick Reply: Navigation Hack Alternative - Hybrid Nav DVD