What do you hate about your IS?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-06, 11:29 AM
SilverLexo
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mantisG35
1. exterior: very similar to camry from the back. it's embarrassing
2. brakes. they're definitely corolla brakes.
3. no manual transmission on 350
4. transmission is cool but not enough. that car should get a semi-manual gearbox. the IS actually shifts on its own when you redline it. I wish it had the M3 SMG.
5. Sales people are too arrogant and they're not really willing to negotiate. i hate this about lexus. they're over priced and you cannot really negotiate with them! (im talking about leases at least)
6. which i dont really care about is NO ROOM IN THE BACK. you cant fit a chicken in there.
7. the exhausts are loose. drive behind any IS and watch the exhaust. i dont know why, it looks stupid!
now, im not trying to make the car look bad. Overall i think it's a SWEEEET car.

I currently drive a G35 coupe, im not trying to compare cars or anything. G35 definitely has negatives too. i still think the IS is a sweet ride and I am here to learn more about its features and its problems because im considering leasing one next year!
This post is so silly on so many levels.

Corolla brakes? hahahahahaha Dude have ever driven a new Corolla, better yet have you ever driven an IS350??? The IS350's brakes EFFING ROCK!!!! I'm sorry but they are just damn good brakes performance wise. They will out stop your G35 wet, dry, hot, cold, etc.

Negotiate? I got a really good deal on my car. Not too much of a hassle just walked in with my price, received two counter offers, stuck to my price and got it.

And as Borat might say: I bring chicken from Kazatstan in suitcase. Chicken like back seat, my fat ugly wife...ahhh not so much.

Anyway bro I think your post is pretty far out of line on most points.
Old 11-30-06, 11:52 AM
mantisG35
Driver School Candidate

okay! i was expecting a little bit more of maturity in the replies.
the brakes arent bad, but i really do not think they are a match for the engine. I think they have room to improve on the brakes. as far as leg room in the back im not too sure you tried sitting there. im only 5' 11" and my knees were touching the front seat and it wasnt even pushed back that much (i sat in front and adjusted the seat). I mean even the sales person was kinda complaining about it, so no need for useless defense here! and the exhaust does shake, but you cant really hear it because you're probably enjoying the engine sound!
as far as other issues this is my opinion and these are areas i think they can always improve on.
as far as deals go yeah when i get mine next year i'll have to do more research and more negotiation. But looking at your replies i do not blame sales people for not being too nice.

oh, and owning an IS was not a condition to join this forum so i will exercise my right of writing anywhere i wish. So please present more respect. Sheesh! talk about angry people!
Old 11-30-06, 12:02 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,043 Likes on 2,449 Posts

Respect is earned, not granted. Your post was so poor on so many levels it needed a reply.

Welcome to the forum. You're right, owning an IS is not a condition of joining, however, the OP specifically requested information from owners, so your reply is not adding value to the discussion and distracts from the very real issues discussed in the rest of the thread.

Angry? Maybe that's your perception. This is the Internet. I never get angry.
Old 11-30-06, 12:08 PM
mantisG35
Driver School Candidate

but you're acting like you are angry. I have not done anything that deserves disrespect. Part of living in this country is the ability to state what you think and people should respect that even if they disagree. After all i did not offend you personally, or attacked you, or even insulted/disrespected you.
Well, regardless. Thanks for the warm welcoming
Old 11-30-06, 12:27 PM
PGSberg
Driver School Candidate

I wish the weight sensor in the front passenger seat would allow access to the Nav and phone options. I understand the reasoning of not wanting the driver to fiddle with the Nav and phone while in motion but come on, my passenger should be able to use the setup. It is no problem with my Cooper "S".

There is way too much hesitation when I nail the throttle. I would have liked to have gotten the 350 but around Washington DC in the rain and slush, the AWD makes more sense.
Old 11-30-06, 02:26 PM
SilverLexo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mantisG35
but you're acting like you are angry. I have not done anything that deserves disrespect. Part of living in this country is the ability to state what you think and people should respect that even if they disagree. After all i did not offend you personally, or attacked you, or even insulted/disrespected you.
Well, regardless. Thanks for the warm welcoming
Yeah I dont think anyone is angry, I thought your post was funny, definitely not mad. I just dont think that anyone knowledgeable would make a comparison between is350 and corolla brakes. I've driven an 06 corolla. IMO, there's no comparison.
I also dont think anyone was personally attacked or even insulted/disrespected. If you felt you were, I appologize for the misunderstanding. If infact your purpose is to provide honest opinons, welcome to the forums.
Old 11-30-06, 02:31 PM
mantisG35
Driver School Candidate

It's alright. Im a big fan of you borat, so no worries. HIGH FIVE!
well yeah, i did exaggerate things a bit i realize!
Old 11-30-06, 02:57 PM
kingpcgeek
Driver School Candidate

Dislikes:
NO SIRIUS!
Cheap looking digital clock. The analog clock in my G35 is so much classier
Road noise with moonroof shade open
That the RDS info only shows for a few seconds on non-ML systems then reverts back to the preset number and frequency.
It not a real tilt wheel, rather an adjustable wheel.
That the 350 was going to cost $80 more a month so I got the 250
All of the sand pits in my windshield from a huge duststrom that I got a month after I bought it.
Old 11-30-06, 04:13 PM
Magellan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kingpcgeek
Dislikes:
That the RDS info only shows for a few seconds on non-ML systems then reverts back to the preset number and frequency.
That's not the case on my non-ML system. Often those kinds of things happen as broadcasted by particular stations and are not the fault of your system.