IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

I REGRET Not Getting Nav! Now WANT IT!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-06, 08:46 PM
sajonf
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ever think of getting a portable nav unit? They only cost about $500 and work just as good as the integrated ones. Plus you can take them with you in friend's cars, rentals, etc. I just got rid of my IS (with Nav) and got a car without a nav and missed it. I picked up a Garmin nav and I think it easier to use and works just as well as the Lexus nav system. It mounts on the windshield with a real sturdy mount and can be battery operated or plugged in. Also has the option of using a 3D or 2D view which the lex nav wouldn't do. Something to think about - seems like a better option than losing several thousand to trade it in for one with nav.

Originally Posted by Sarorn
I have to admit, I was a bit too excited when picking out my Lexus. I went with the Tungsten Pearl without Nav because I didnt want to wait the 2 months for them to ship one down. Now that I'm thinking about it, I should've waited. I got the Luxury Package, everything is in it, except the NAV.

Can I purchase the Nav console somewhere and have it installed? What aftermarket Nav' options do I have?

I was at the local Stereo/gagdet store yesterday and was checking out one of those motorized DVD/NAV decks...they're so cool...but where would I put it? What DO I DO?

Any suggestions? Thanks everyone!