IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

If I could turn back time... if I could find a way?....

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-06, 03:49 PM
james6290
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question If I could turn back time... if I could find a way?....

Well I have seen many ISX50 owners recently saying I wish I had done this or that differently, so I wanted to hear what exactly you would do...

So here's my question for all ISX50 owners, if you could go back in time and do it all again, what would you do differently?

-This includes:
-Changing your buying/ordering process (options, colors, dealers)
-Mods you would have done differently (different brand, not done it at all)
-Never getting your ISX50 in the first place (wished you would have gotten a completely new car)

Please include your current situation, what you would have done differently and why.

*NOTE-this is not what you would change about the ISX50, it is more about what you would do differently with the choices you made concerning your car*
Old 11-30-06, 03:54 PM
jsquared
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hmm... now EVERYONE is asking about rims so maybe i would've gotten rims earlier and waited to do most of what i have now. i've gotten as much as i possibly could have so far except rims.
Old 11-30-06, 04:00 PM
RO87
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got nav. but I was too impatient to wait for ML......enough said
Old 11-30-06, 04:00 PM
TheNewGuy
Pole Position

I probably wouldn't have gotten the car, ran into some tough times with finances.
Old 11-30-06, 04:33 PM
doctorttt
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi dude. This question was asked long time ago.

For me,
I would have gotten the spoiler. That is pretty much it.
Old 11-30-06, 06:37 PM
james6290
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by doctorttt
Hi dude. This question was asked long time ago.

For me,
I would have gotten the spoiler. That is pretty much it.
key words "long time ago"...things change...

i would have prob not gotten the car as well...i like the car bu with the new M3 coming out and the new C class mercedes, i wish i would have waited, but i needed a new car!
Old 11-30-06, 06:51 PM
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

Too new for me. Only had it for two months. Lovin it more everyday so far, though.

I'm just starting the mod "process", also, so I can't have any regrets there yet. Think I'm starting with Tein CS coilovers.

jsquared brought up a good point, though. I think I should make rims one of my first mods... maybe my very next mod. Few mods have that kind of impact on making your car unique.
Old 11-30-06, 06:58 PM
CWS
Lead Lap

Might have bought a Honda Civic, and left the rest in the bank. Didn't know, in April, that I would retire in October.
Old 11-30-06, 07:00 PM
GreyHound
Pole Position

Default No change

I had to wait four, plus months. But the IS350 has been worth it. Its very nice to drive, goes wherever I point the nose. Its no slouch. There is not too many in numbers, which is cool. You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a 3 series something.
Only thing I wish I had done different, I think I would have bought at the dealer in Charlotte, NC. From what I read here and see on their website, they seem more professional.
Drove the mercedes, I'm not that old yet. I didn't want the pontiac looking BMW, (or the electronic gremlins) and I still can't understand how they sell the jellybean G35.(must be rebates or something)

I think I did OK with the IS350
we're gonna keep it a while.
Old 11-30-06, 09:12 PM
Soda
Pole Position

Woulda waited for ML...
Old 11-30-06, 09:38 PM
SPEED&ECO.
Lead Lap

get a 350 and black interior

as for mods, rims first insted of my set of j-spec teins. doesnt really matter now thou cause im getting rims soon anyways
Old 11-30-06, 09:43 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

with regard to this car, there isn't anything that i would have done differently. the car colours, the options, the mods are exactly where i want them. my mileage is right, i have snow tires, everything is functioning and working properly....no regrets.

i guess the price could have been better but there's always room from improvement there. at this point, it doesn't matter since the car is already paid for. already thinking about the next car, worried that the is500 will be too compelling to overlook.
Old 11-30-06, 09:57 PM
isgrrl
Driver

I think I would've gotten a different color. I would've gotten the white. I can't park in the garage because I drive too much and my parents also have 2 cars. My black car is dirty within a day of washing it with all the stupid dust in arizona :\ hopefully I'll move out soon so that will be settled.. but I doubt it.
Old 12-01-06, 01:15 AM
Reyngel
Lead Lap

Sometimes I wonder if I should have picked up the 350 instead of the 250. I could have afforded the 350, but at the time, I thought the 250 would be more than enough power, and it would be more practical. I guess I still feel the same way, to a certain degree, but the mentality of wanting to be able to be faster than most other things on the road sets in once in a while.

I've recently inquired with a dealer as to what it would take to do a trade-in... but I think I may wait until the 2008's come out before I consider it more seriously. That way, I'd be sure to get the most out of my money due to a more complete package of refinements, fixes, updates, etc. I don't know. I guess if a dealer presented my with an amazing deal for a 350, and it was the exact one I wanted, I might consider it.

Here's the thing... would I use the extra power? Honestly, not really. I do a lot of driving, but most of it is in traffic. I'm also not much of a speeder, and like to just cruise. That was really why I bought the 250. But you know what I'm sick of? RSX's and the like, weeving in and out of traffic, getting behind me, seeing my 250 badge, then proceeding to race me or cut me off. I feel like if I had the 350, it wouldn't be so much of an issue. I know that sounds stupid, but hey, a lot of what makes a buyer's decision comes from the "image" the car projects. It that wasn't true, all of us would be driving Honda Insights.

Last edited by Reyngel; 12-01-06 at 01:19 AM.
Old 12-01-06, 05:34 AM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

Hmmm, why not just buy the 350 badge then?

Anyway, if you are trading your car in... I would suggest looking for a used IS350.

The loaded cars lose their values the quickest. So you can get a pretty good deal.

Quick Reply: If I could turn back time... if I could find a way?....