IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

IS350 rolled into DITCH

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-06, 04:44 PM
jezza
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All you need is a screwdriver to pop the bumper cover off to expose the tow eyelet... there's a screwdriver in the toolkit.
Old 12-03-06, 05:04 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jatt
I dont get it, if your giving the vehicle back at the end of your lease what can they ding and not ding on damages? Like scratches or dents or what? Interior? And how do they nail me with any extra cost at the end of my lease? There are scratches on the car already etc. that they've seen, never once did the finance or salesperson bring up the idea of me having to pay for it if I gave them the car back like this etc.
You need to understand how leasing works. You are responsible for wear and tear above the normal expected. This opens up all kinds of interpretations as to what is 'normal'. Some lessors have guides with pictures as to what is acceptable and what is not. Suffice to say, dents, dings, scratches and the boo-boo from your snow incident will be debited to your account. Even if you didn't put any money down that doesn't absolve you from the responsibility since you have signed the contract. They can just bill you for the amount. You can ignore it, but they can come after you. And your credit rating will take a hit. It's nothing to fool with.

The salesman isn't going to say anything, it's not his responsibility. He doesn't care if you have a troupe of circus midgets living in your back seat. He's made his money.

Take some time and read your lease documents. You may be surprised at your responsibilities. Leasing is NOT for those individuals who don't normally take care of their cars as it can make for a very expensive transportation experience from a $$ standpoint.

07 IS350
1273$/month
36km/36 month
no money down
Nav/Lux
I saw this posted on another note of yours. Even though you didn't seem to put any money down it doesn't make any difference, you are still responsible for damage.

Last edited by Evitzee; 12-03-06 at 05:20 PM.
Old 12-03-06, 07:03 PM
vr666m
Rookie

I dont get it, if your giving the vehicle back at the end of your lease what can they ding and not ding on damages? Like scratches or dents or what? Interior? And how do they nail me with any extra cost at the end of my lease? There are scratches on the car already etc. that they've seen, never once did the finance or salesperson bring up the idea of me having to pay for it if I gave them the car back like this etc.
Looks like somebody didn't read his leasing contract before signing.
You are leasing a car, not renting a car for the weekend from Hertz.
Old 12-03-06, 07:39 PM
The Chad
Driver

I agree with the previous posters. You are responsible for any and all damage above and beyond the "normal" wear and tear. If you buy the car and don't return it, then they won't care, but if they're taking back their car, then they want it in a certain condition to protect its value. And I can probably safely say that the cost to fix it if they fix it at the end of the lease is going to be way more expensive than getting it fixed now.

Just like how you're responsible for gas and insurance.
Old 12-03-06, 07:44 PM
LexusNut13
Pole Position

I would get your insurance to pay to fix it. Not sure what your deductable is, but if the damage that you are talking about was all caused by the tow truck, then this should be covered under your comprehensive coverage, and shouldn't affect your rates too much.

But I defenitly agree with most posters here, that you will have to have the damage fixed one way or the other if you are returning this car at the end of your lease.
Old 12-03-06, 08:53 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,953 Likes on 2,394 Posts

Snow mode off, man having snow mode on on a pure sheet of ice like we have up north here makes no sense, the power would just keep getting cut out and you would be stuck in the middle of a boulevard waiting for a UHAUL truck to smoke you from the side.
You're on ice and trying to accelerate? You have zero traction right? So won't you get hit either way? I'm not clear on concept here unless the idea is to spin the tire so fast it generates enough heat to melt the ice...

Ford and Lexus both have to deal with the same physics - ice means no traction - so I'd really like to see what they might do to overcome this.

Yes, I live in Sacramento where I have not seen snow on the ground in 26 years. Having grown up in Iowa and Pennsylvania, and dealing with snow and ice for years, I think it is a marvelous thing. I distinctly remember driving my stepdad's '68 MB 250 into a curb in PA while it was snowing hard. It was my first real lesson in understeer.

Last edited by lobuxracer; 12-03-06 at 08:57 PM.
Old 12-04-06, 09:51 AM
clubfoot
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jatt, you are also responsible for the scheduled mntc. If you don't follow it, they will ding you BIG TIME for it at the end of the lease. Good Luck.