IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

How do you mount your IPODS?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-06, 05:34 AM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you mount your IPODS?

I am getting an IPOD Nana for Christmas. A silver one to match my car. Yay.

Anyway I was curious how you guys are running your IPODs so they aren't stuck in the center console.

Are you able to plug the IPOD up and run the wire out of the center console so it can sit in your cup holder? This is going to make this very awkward because I also have the charger that I want to use with the cigarette lighter.

Can anyone post their set up? Sorry if this has been discussed.
Old 12-04-06, 05:53 AM
trocade
Driver School Candidate

I keep my ipod in the center console, no need to run any wires to any other places. Bought a cheap remote so I can control it anyway. I also bought a splitter so I can use the 12V outlet in the center console and close it
Old 12-04-06, 05:54 AM
SerKevin
Pole Position

Here is what I did:
1) Monster car charger with a 90 degree angle on the head so I can use it in the center console and still close the lid
2) Scosche RF remote control so I can drop the iPod in the center console and run it without having to take it out.

I used a piece of Velcro to attach the Scosche remote to a fake credit card (the type that get sent in the mail when they want you to get their card). The card slides into the slot in the driver's side sun visor and the size of the remote fits perfectly. Since the remote is low profile and black, it looks like it is part of the car.

The other thing I liked about this remote is the fact that I could move through my playlists with it. Not as nice as being able to use the steering wheel buttons BUT it does work well for me.
Old 12-04-06, 06:20 AM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

I didn't even know they made a remote compat. with the IPOD.

Does it work with the NANO?
Old 12-04-06, 09:56 AM
Crazy Yoda
Pole Position

I put mine in the console with the vias unit mounted near the shifter (drivers side). I just leave it in the car unless I am updating it and it is super slick!
Old 12-05-06, 05:52 AM
SerKevin
Pole Position

Originally Posted by IS_Mine
I didn't even know they made a remote compat. with the IPOD.

Does it work with the NANO?
Not sure if this version works with the Nano... but if you do some inet searching I think there are versions that do.
Old 12-05-06, 08:48 AM
UHEARDME
Rookie

Originally Posted by SerKevin
Here is what I did:
1) Monster car charger with a 90 degree angle on the head so I can use it in the center console and still close the lid
2) Scosche RF remote control so I can drop the iPod in the center console and run it without having to take it out.

I used a piece of Velcro to attach the Scosche remote to a fake credit card (the type that get sent in the mail when they want you to get their card). The card slides into the slot in the driver's side sun visor and the size of the remote fits perfectly. Since the remote is low profile and black, it looks like it is part of the car.

The other thing I liked about this remote is the fact that I could move through my playlists with it. Not as nice as being able to use the steering wheel buttons BUT it does work well for me.
Which Scosche part number are you using? Thanks.