IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

My Blue Tooth Bad?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-06, 10:57 AM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Blue Tooth Bad?

I am trying to determine if it is my car of the phone...

Sometimes after I start my car, and get a call the blue tooth doesn't pick it up immediately. The car only rings before the call is *disconnected* by network. Now, I have to leave my phone in my car all day while I am at work because it is not allowed in the building. So I wonder if it is because the phone has an active link to the car?

And everytime I start my car it says blue tooth connection found. After the first call doesn't work all of the rest of them do. I am wondering if this is the blue tooth in my car, or is the phone itself.

Help! I know that is hard to read, but I can't explain it any better.. at the moment!
Old 12-07-06, 01:49 PM
r1lee
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 32 Posts

What phone do you have? There is a list of supported phones off of the lexus website, but i can't seem to find it now.

Usually I would say it's the phone that's not making that connection properly. Easiest route is try another phone. And if you have determined it's your cell phone, update the firmware.

Phones that aren't supported, doesn't mean it won't work. Just means it hasn't been tested by lexus.
Old 12-07-06, 03:52 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 267 Likes on 237 Posts

Tell us both the phone AND the provider, and perhaps we can help.

The item that r1lee was talking about is here: http://lexus.letstalk.com

Be aware that even though it is linked from the Lexus web site, the pages are actually owned by "letstalk.com", an on-line reseller of cell phones and service.
Old 12-07-06, 04:13 PM
james6290
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its called crippled bluetooth. Some phones have it and basically what it does is gives you the basic functions of bluetooth, but the more complex functions do not work as well or at all. My sprint Blade has crippled bluetooth and for that reason my next phone purchase will most likely be a Razr V3i.
Old 12-07-06, 04:25 PM
sdbrandon
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by james6290
Its called crippled bluetooth. Some phones have it and basically what it does is gives you the basic functions of bluetooth, but the more complex functions do not work as well or at all. My sprint Blade has crippled bluetooth and for that reason my next phone purchase will most likely be a Razr V3i.
The car needs to understand phone "profiles" to fully work.

Most phones do not seem to work fully with Lexus. BMW lists only a handful of phones that work with, but they fully work.

I have a Motorola E815, works fine on my BMW, but the phonebook does not sync on the Lexus. I can only send/receive calls via bluetooth.

Last edited by sdbrandon; 12-07-06 at 04:30 PM.
Old 12-08-06, 06:44 AM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

I have a Nokia 6265i.

It has Bluetooth version 2 on it. However, I knew a head of time it wasn't on the Lexus supported phone lists.

My carrier is Cellular South.. which is local to the gulf south region.

It works! Its just sometimes, when I get into my car and get the first call of the ride the blue tooth doesn't pick it up, however after that it works fine. Some times it picks up immediately. I have tried different placements with the phone, usually it sits in the cup holder, passenger seat, or center console. And when I say pick up, I mean snag the phone call where it rings in the car. It always connects, that isn't an issue. Plus, like I said I keep my phone in the car 90% of the time, so I am wondering if that has anything to do with it.
Old 12-08-06, 06:46 AM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

Also, I am having a hard time trying to synch the phone book. As soon as I hit that option in the NAV the blue tooth connection drops to the phone.. When you transfer your phonebook is it not done through blue tooth?

Sorry, I used the quick ref. book for the nav and phone set up.. Didn't get a chance to pull out the IS bible (full manual. :P ).