Oui Pompous Rich Kid

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-06, 11:13 AM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IS_Mine
Hahaha..

Its a trend! All of us Asians are taking over. NoooooOOoo!!
Ok, so what's a young asian female doing stuck in the 'Bible Belt' of Mississippi ???
Old 12-08-06, 11:14 AM
l1tech
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do any of the younger people here who are offended by people thinking that mommy and daddy bought their car still live with mommy and daddy??
Old 12-08-06, 11:16 AM
LXotic
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by newr
and you wonder why you get so many bad comments and the birds so often ? dude.. I would think twice about running people off the road next time.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=251956
hmm yea I see your point.... Anyways why would people flip me off or try to ruin a pefectly good car for no reason in the first place?
Old 12-08-06, 11:33 AM
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

Now you guys have gone and made me curious what the ethnicity is of all the IS owners we have around. New thread!

Sure are a lot of Asians. I'm assuming when you guys say "Asian", you're talking about "East Asian", right? Because I'm Indian, a.k.a. South Asian.

Originally Posted by l1tech
Do any of the younger people here who are offended by people thinking that mommy and daddy bought their car still live with mommy and daddy??
Not me. Just graduated, got a job, moved out, and bought my car within the last few months. I imagine most young people here are in a fairly similar situation.

I also realized, though, that my last post in this thread might have sounded a little snobbish. It wasn't meant to; it was just a statement of fact.

Last edited by RocketGuy3; 12-08-06 at 11:37 AM.
Old 12-08-06, 11:35 AM
starstreak
Lexus Test Driver

I'm coming late into this, but I can understand them for saying that. Granted, they should not have said that outloud. But its a stereotype comment.
Just a question, and most people by age 25 do have a good job if they did there schooling right and/or maybe have a good paying job. Anyways, what do you do if you dont mind me asking?
Btw, I'm in my 30's and took me this long to save enough to buy a IS. I am Asian and people think I'm younger too. Because of how "asian" people are looked at here in Hawaii, a "young" asian is stereotyped as either coming from a rich family or someone bought them the car.

I would say get mad. I would. But then get it out of your system. It's a racest type comment that you shouldn't be worrying about.
Old 12-08-06, 11:56 AM
LXotic
Lexus Test Driver

Im South Korean and I am 18 and own a LX and a A4
all paid by ME
Old 12-08-06, 12:00 PM
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

OK, I have to ask about that one... how'd you manage to buy those cars at 18? Are you Lil' Bow Wow or something?
Old 12-08-06, 12:05 PM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by l1tech
i bought my car with cash but still living at home with mom n dad. but then again, i'm asian and it's sort of in our culture for kids to move back home after college n help take care of things then move back out when you get married. not sure about other cultures, but i know plenty of white friends that moved out for college n don't really get the invite to come back home afterwards. it's sort of good luck you're on your own hahah. but back on topic.. i wouldn't care if people think that my parents paid for my car or not or that i still live at home. not my fault my parents love me so much hahah.
Old 12-08-06, 12:05 PM
LXotic
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RocketGuy3
OK, I have to ask about that one... how'd you manage to buy those cars at 18? Are you Lil' Bow Wow or something?
I'm a co-owner of 2 drycleaners/coin laundry
and I'm a designer
Old 12-08-06, 12:07 PM
Soda
Pole Position

Lol, I could understand if someone said that and you hopped into an M5. You don't have to be anywhere rich to buy an entry level lexus. Cuz all you have to make is about 2700 mo to lease or purchase one of these cars at a 550-600 payment and decent credit. I deal w/Toyota every day! You wouldn't believe the people who actually buy these cars and can't really afford them! Amazing!
Old 12-08-06, 12:14 PM
XtrabOoSt
Lexus Test Driver

21 & On My Own!..* I Love It!
Old 12-08-06, 12:15 PM
mofogasm
Pole Position

i'm 23, bought the car myself at 22. I do still live at home with my parents but it's not by choice. I would be long gone by now but my dad was laid off of work and now i have to pay the mortgage.
Old 12-08-06, 12:20 PM
Kepeli
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SolaraToIS
Wow!!! 35 and still milking your parents
Don't you have a desire for independence and self worth?
I am independent, graduated Penn State and I work. I don't ask my parents for the money nor did I ever ask for the money same with my brother and sister. It is something they just decided to do. They sold a family business that the 3 of us helped run with their dreams of us taking it over one day but sold it to a major company that every one on this board heard of. You ask about self worth....plenty of it knowing that I helped run a company sold for a huge dollar amount. I plan on doing it all over again, the 3 of us plan on doing it together but are under stipulations from the sale before we can enter that industry again.
Old 12-08-06, 12:28 PM
jasonviper
Pole Position

Wow I'm not even twenty,I wonder if anybody will say something stupid when I get my IS250.
Old 12-08-06, 12:28 PM
NovaIS350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RocketGuy3
Haha..lil romeo

Quick Reply: Oui Pompous Rich Kid