IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

I (Technique) got my IS350 last night...

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-06, 08:12 PM
Cornellian
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're a one crazy ****! j/k Lol...
Old 12-09-06, 08:25 PM
viettho
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks hot. I like your wheels
Old 12-09-06, 10:09 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Originally Posted by Technique
Check my webpage for an explanation of the hack I did. Here's the exact page:

http://www.infoarena.com/lexus/navhack/
Ah cool thanks. I'll check it out later - it's raining here right now.
Old 12-09-06, 11:38 PM
wushuboy
Driver

congrats.. how much was your total price including tax and license? how much was msrp and how much discount did you get off?
Old 12-09-06, 11:45 PM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by wushuboy
congrats.. how much was your total price including tax and license? how much was msrp and how much discount did you get off?
MSRP = $44,900
OTD for me = $42,033 (approx)
My discount was like $1300 over Invoice

Last edited by Technique; 12-10-06 at 04:16 AM.
Old 12-10-06, 12:28 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

congrats on finding exactly what you wanted. hope you'll have many happy miles!
Old 12-10-06, 12:40 AM
Dj_AmtraX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am happy for you. I wish I got the ML system. Please update us when you install you JL system. Take more of the full picture instead of close-ups. Thank you.
Old 12-10-06, 01:32 AM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

Damn dude, you must have the record for most accessories bought and mods planned before actually taking delivery of the car, LOL. Congrats ! And hurry up and install the front lip and post up the process so I can decide if I will get mine or not. FWIW, keep the ISPs, knowing you, you won't be happy with the stockers since just about every IS on the road has them. I know you can talk the dealer into a great deal, think about it, do you really want the dealer to take the tires & Tpms off and re-mount on a set of lesser rims (not to mention if they screw something up, like scratch your rims, mount tires backwards, poor job of balancing, etc, etc) Besides, IMHO the polished finish of the ISPs or G-spiders is better than chroming the stockers . . .
Old 12-10-06, 01:36 AM
wushuboy
Driver

Originally Posted by Technique
MSRP = $44,900
OTD for me = $42,033 (approx)
My discount was like $1300 over MSRP + extras
you mean 1300 over invoice right? otherwise the math doesnt make sense
Old 12-10-06, 02:09 AM
aira
Pole Position

You got a lot of ***** parking your car next to the shopping cart return. :P

Congrats though!
Old 12-10-06, 02:30 AM
lexuspdx
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Pimp350
You're a one crazy ****! j/k Lol...

I second that . Good to see another excited owner! Congrats! I'm sure this will be your "December to Remember!"
Old 12-10-06, 04:18 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by wushuboy
you mean 1300 over invoice right? otherwise the math doesnt make sense
Yes, sorry... I edited my post... $1300 over invoice
Old 12-10-06, 04:22 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by aira
You got a lot of ***** parking your car next to the shopping cart return. :P

Congrats though!
LOL, yes... I've had many new cars, and I have a system now... I actually don't do anything different with a brand new car or a car that's used... The day I buy my car, I just start enjoying it (i.e. - I park wherever I find a space, I redline the car, I will tear apart the dashboard to hack the nav, I blast the stereo, etc...)

I know that eventually, I will get a ding or a scratch... It's impossible to avoid, so I just enjoy the car from day one... I even did a VDIM off and did donuts in the dealer parking lot when I took delivery!! haha....

OH, BTW, the pic where you see the shopping cart return is the Lowes parking lot, that's where I bought the switch I used for the nav override
Old 12-10-06, 04:26 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by socalJD
Damn dude, you must have the record for most accessories bought and mods planned before actually taking delivery of the car, LOL. Congrats ! And hurry up and install the front lip and post up the process so I can decide if I will get mine or not. FWIW, keep the ISPs, knowing you, you won't be happy with the stockers since just about every IS on the road has them. I know you can talk the dealer into a great deal, think about it, do you really want the dealer to take the tires & Tpms off and re-mount on a set of lesser rims (not to mention if they screw something up, like scratch your rims, mount tires backwards, poor job of balancing, etc, etc) Besides, IMHO the polished finish of the ISPs or G-spiders is better than chroming the stockers . . .
Ya man, I really did invest in a lot of mods and accessories before taking delivery... Here's the funny part.. I totally acted like I didn't really want the car when I was negotiating for it... After I signed the deal with the F&A guy, I showed him the Coat Hanger I have because he was talking about it (the one I ordered from L-Tuned Parts in Japan) and he was like "Wait, you already bought that? So you were set on buying the IS350? We all thought you were ready to walk out of here and go buy the 335ci!!!" ROFL... The joys of negotiation...

Yes, you are totally right man, I much prefer polished over the painted stock wheels... And I am terrorized to let the dealer touch my car to swap rims... I'll see if they are smart and give me a good deal on the ISP Modes... Maybe I will keep them...

Front Lip - I am going to install it today... I think I will install it with NO drilling... It looks like there really is no need to drill, but I have all the tools necessary if I need to drill... I'll update my website with pics and the end of the day...
Old 12-10-06, 04:32 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Dj_AmtraX
I am happy for you. I wish I got the ML system. Please update us when you install you JL system. Take more of the full picture instead of close-ups. Thank you.
JL system will be installed this week... I will take some pictures that are not all "close-up" when doing future mods... Sorry The reason I took so many close-ups is because the current pictures of doing the nav hack didn't have any close-up pictures, and I thought they would help people identify the bolts and screws better... I will take more videos as well... Hopefully the vids of my "smooth" nav will make people comfortable that the nav hack does work 100% with no side effects in 2006 and 2007...

Quick Reply: I (Technique) got my IS350 last night...