IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

New IS350 Owner here. Sharing our buying experience too.

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-06, 04:06 PM
homer4598
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Soda
No, haven't dealt w/them. If something happens to the car and you decide to sell it then the customer buying the car will have more piece of mind rather than buying a car that's as is. Otherwise yes, it did cost you money. But you still never know...(I gotta defend the warranties because I'm F&I for a Toyota Dealership) LOVE EM!!!

Exactly -- you have a biased opinion. Nothing wrong with that. Actually, there is nothing wrong with warranties if you're keeping the car a long time. As you state, it's insurance. Sometimes they pay off, sometimes they are a waste. But I'm not real big on buying something for the next owner of the car to enjoy. It's kind of like buying a car to have as a "garage queen". It's nice that the next owner will have a mint condition, low mileage car, but it doesn't make sense for ME to pay for that.
Old 12-14-06, 08:48 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by NovaIS350
From now on, whenever I see another person driving a Lexus vehicle, I am going to walk up to that person and promote this website like it were my own.
This is where readily available Club Lexus decals could really promote this site. We would all pay a couple of bucks for a nice decal, and new Lexus owners might just surf on in here and start contributing. It would be a win/win situation. Oh, well .....
Old 12-15-06, 06:20 AM
Wai
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Irishfan
Sounds like you and I have the exact same car. Where in Illinois are you? What dealership was it?
We first went to Woodfield Lexus but they couldn't get the car we want. Then I found one at Lexus Naperville. Only 30 miles away.
Old 12-15-06, 06:24 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Congrats on the new car and weclome to CL!
Old 12-15-06, 06:25 AM
Wai
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Evitzee
This is where readily available Club Lexus decals could really promote this site. We would all pay a couple of bucks for a nice decal, and new Lexus owners might just surf on in here and start contributing. It would be a win/win situation. Oh, well .....
Hi Evitzee, is that a Breguet 3755 in your avatar?
Old 12-15-06, 07:32 AM
Irishfan
Driver

Originally Posted by Wai
We first went to Woodfield Lexus but they couldn't get the car we want. Then I found one at Lexus Naperville. Only 30 miles away.
Ha, yep, that's the one I went to as well. They must keep ordering that specific car!
Old 12-15-06, 07:47 AM
Wai
Pole Position

Ha, yep, that's the one I went to as well. They must keep ordering that specific car!
I saw in your sig that you have a 05 Elise. Do you go to any track events? I race with NASA in Honda Challenge and instruct for various clubs in the area as well. If you had been to some track events, maybe we have crossed path before?
Old 12-15-06, 08:33 AM
Irishfan
Driver

I try to, I'm terrible! All of the events I've attended have been hosted by Fox Valley Motorcars, at the Autobahn Raceway. Which clubs do you instruct for? That's awesome!
Old 12-15-06, 10:38 PM
Wai
Pole Position

I try to, I'm terrible! All of the events I've attended have been hosted by Fox Valley Motorcars, at the Autobahn Raceway. Which clubs do you instruct for? That's awesome!
Don't feel bad about yourself! Everyone needs to start from somewhere. At least you have the motivation to take it to the track, and explore the car is a safe and controlled manner.

I instruct(ed) for Speedtrial USA, Club Si, Club RSX, wmhm.net, itrca.com, nasioc.com, etc. If you really want to do it more often, there are many clubs in our area that can keep you busy.

I would highly recommend events with NASA club (www.nasaproracing.com), and we are in their Midwest Region (www.nasamidwest.com). It's a big club so they could get dates on world class tracks like Road America and Mid Ohio. These tracks are quite intangible for the smaller clubs.

Personally I've never been to a Fox Valley event. But sounds like it would be a lot of exoctics there. I've instructed and raced at Autobahn before too. Here are some in-car videos of the North (instruct) and South (race) course:

ACC North

ACC South
Old 12-16-06, 09:16 PM
Wai
Pole Position

Got some photos here. These were taken when we picked up the car.

Wife with the car:

Quick shot of the interior: