IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

REAL DISCUSSION: Am i too young for the IS350??

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-06, 03:16 PM
omgitsroy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Dj_AmtraX
You're gonna get so... laid!
Old 12-16-06, 03:17 PM
NovaIS350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kensteele
how can a 17-year old be self-righteous; how exactly does a 17-year old person determine how happy they are in life is based on money and possessions? They can't. Your point = wrong.
I concur...totally erroneous!!
Old 12-16-06, 03:26 PM
liquid2
Pole Position

You sound like a good enough guy to know that you're young & privileged..
Tint your windows if you don't like people staring at you.
Theres nothing wrong with driving the car if you aren't a huge snob about it(doing anything wrong).
Old 12-16-06, 03:29 PM
omgitsroy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

hey as long as you appreciate the car... you're fine... truthfully... if you want to really appreciate a car.. buy a 1984~89 corolla / celica (anything old w/ high miles) they go for real cheap and just fix all the minor / major problem .. drive it for 2 months... get go get your lexus.... i'm 25 right now and in the last 3 years i went through like 4 cars. All of 'em needed major / minor fixes... whether it was a head gasket... fuel pump, a/c compressor etc... if you do that trust me.. you'll really appreciate your car... when i have a son .. he's going to fix old beat up cars before i help chip in for a new car for him..
Old 12-16-06, 03:30 PM
Big Andy
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Are you too young for an IS350? Dunno - there are those who would argue that putting a 17 year old in a 300hp car is like giving a 5 year old a loaded gun and then acting surprised when he shoots his big toe off, but hey lets not get into that.

There are a lot of kids on here running around in expensive cars paid for by their parents - the test of their maturity would be how much they appreciate how fortunate they are in relation to 99% of the population and that mom and dad may not be able to cater to their every whim forever. Some day they may have to work for the things they want - will they grow up to meet that challenge?

I would say enjoy your car, be thankful for your parents buying it for you - and then ask them for some capital letters to start sentences with..
Old 12-16-06, 03:51 PM
IS_NIICE
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey everyone, thanks for all the good words. I certainly am grateful that my parents blessed me with such a great ride, despite the fact that i have to anyways... haha, they can just as easily take it away. .. i have taken into consideration all your ideas/criticisms. I am going to look into the window tinting, I wanted that done anyways, just have to save up money. It's not easy for me to get money so it might be awhile. In order to get the exhaust i had to sell all my old textbooks since 9th grade lol. Pretty lame but it helped. Big Andy, I took your advice and started using capital letters before my sentences haha i didn't think anyone would mind my laziness.

PICS SOOOOOOOOON
Old 12-16-06, 04:01 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Why didn't you talk to your folks before they bought the IS350? Whose idea was it to get the Lexus? Yours, theirs? Everybody assumes that it was your parents idea because they wouldn't like to see junior drive a lesser vehicle, but that probably isn't 100% correct. Most parents don't immediately think LEXUS for their kid, even if they can afford it. Sounds like you are trying to have it both ways. There isn't much you can do about it now. The big question is what are you going to do in the future? Have them buy you a bigger Lexus, or a Bimmer, a Porsche maybe? How about sitting down with them and tell them how you feel. This is a crazy idea, but how about next time actually buying, or at least substantially contribute to, your next ride? You don't want mom and pop to support you forever, or do you? This is an opportunity to learn something about life, and how you approach it. Whether you choose to actually benefit from it is really up to you.
Old 12-16-06, 04:04 PM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

age is irrelevant... Other people's financial situations are irrelevant... Do whatever you want, it's a free country...
Old 12-16-06, 04:10 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Big Andy
....and then ask them for some capital letters to start sentences with..
Originally Posted by ron_is350
....Big Andy, I took your advice and started using capital letters before my sentences haha i didn't think anyone would mind my laziness.

no, using capital letters is what internet newbies mistake for laziness and don't realize it's a habit from years and years ago when the newsgroups were simple message boards or bbs and text messaging on your cellphone was much easier without using caps (wasn't implemented properly).
Old 12-16-06, 04:14 PM
Cornellian
Lead Lap

Keep your grades up, getting into a good school, earn money, and maybe your kids will have a fortunate future too....!
Old 12-16-06, 04:16 PM
IS_NIICE
Racer

Originally Posted by Evitzee
Why didn't you talk to your folks before they bought the IS350? Whose idea was it to get the Lexus? Yours, theirs? Everybody assumes that it was your parents idea because they wouldn't like to see junior drive a lesser vehicle, but that probably isn't 100% correct. Most parents don't immediately think LEXUS for their kid, even if they can afford it. Sounds like you are trying to have it both ways. There isn't much you can do about it now. The big question is what are you going to do in the future? Have them buy you a bigger Lexus, or a Bimmer, a Porsche maybe? How about sitting down with them and tell them how you feel. This is a crazy idea, but how about next time actually buying, or at least substantially contribute to, your next ride? You don't want mom and pop to support you forever, or do you? This is an opportunity to learn something about life, and how you approach it. Whether you choose to actually benefit from it is really up to you.
What's up man, I have the same color as you. Well, the story goes that I consistently asked my parents if I could get my own car, and they always said no, don't worry about it. That particular day, my dad was bringing in his LS to service. We have been with Lexus a long time, and mine is the 6th Lexus that our family has owned. 3 GS, 1 LS, 1 LX, and now an IS. The manager was just willing to work with my parents, and one thing just led to another and we ended up taking one home that night. Did I partake in my parents' decision to buy the car? Definitely. My mom likes to tease me so while at the dealership, she called me and asked, so do you want an IS? Of course, I said, YES. The saleswoman probably had the most affect on my parents though, they told them I was such a gentleman and that they don't have many kids like me anymore. I guess the whole situation just prompted my parents to get me the car.
Old 12-16-06, 04:20 PM
IS_NIICE
Racer

no, using capital letters is what internet newbies mistake for laziness and don't realize it's a habit from years and years ago when the newsgroups were simple message boards or bbs and text messaging on your cellphone was much easier without using caps (wasn't implemented properly).

(relaxes) whew...thank god, that capitalization was starting to make me uncomfortable. i guess UK has different ideals than we do though, they're usually the ones with the more proper etiquette...haha
Old 12-16-06, 04:28 PM
kilo6_one
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

who cares what other people think, i personally see older people who make tons of money driving a car that they have no clue what it really is, they only drive it because they associate brand with status. I think as long as you are gratefull for what you are given or bought yourself then you are ahead of the game.
Just be humble about your blessings and know the value of what you have.......
Old 12-16-06, 04:31 PM
Big Andy
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah - if he was 45+ and hadn't grown out of it. I see so many job applications featuring text shorthand or poor grammer/lack of capitals and it's definitely getting worse.
Old 12-16-06, 05:13 PM
Belmont
Pole Position

There is absolutely no reason to be ashamed of having a nice car.

Walk with your head held high. If anyone has a problem with it, it's just that, their problem.

I had a 1981 Camaro in high school. I sure wish my parents made enough money so they could buy me an IS350. You can damn well bet that if I did, I certainly wouldn't be embarassed to get in it!

Jealousy is a nasty thing, don't let it ruin your fun.

Quick Reply: REAL DISCUSSION: Am i too young for the IS350??