IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

REAL DISCUSSION: Am i too young for the IS350??

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-06, 09:45 PM
dkaplan435
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ron_is350
ill be honest, im pretty young and i like to drive fast so i knew i wanted a 350, but i am also very cautious. i never tailgate, but i am the type that switches l.....by a brand new 5-series and maybe the SLK.
If you feel bad, why don't you have the Lexus badges taken off and replaced with Camry badges? Or, if it's too late (everybody knows you have a 350), get an M5 with 525 badges, or even better a fully loaded M3 with 325 badges? How about a Shelby Mustang w/o the Shelby labels?
Old 12-17-06, 01:32 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

why are you worried about how others perceive you? that's their - not your, THEIR - business. if you're going to care about how other people see you, you're going to end up walking on egg shells for the rest of your life.

the way i see it, your parents got you a is350 at 17 - because they can. enjoy it, and don't let other people get under your skin just because your family is in a higher tax bracket.
Old 12-17-06, 01:42 AM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there's always someone with more $$$ so who cares what ppl think.
Old 12-17-06, 02:39 AM
ISbb
Lexus Test Driver

you are showing off right? 17 driving a IS350!! You are one lucky dude! Don't care about what other people drive just take care your ride dude! There should any ago preference for car! As long as you drive the car the car is all yours! Drive Safe!
Old 12-17-06, 03:28 AM
Hip_hop77
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lucky but dont see nething wrong with driving a nice car at an early age..
as long as your not boasting and being an ***..
Old 12-17-06, 03:57 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by projectdna
why are you worried about how others perceive you? that's their - not your, THEIR - business. if you're going to care about how other people see you, you're going to end up walking on egg shells for the rest of your life.

the way i see it, your parents got you a is350 at 17 - because they can. enjoy it, and don't let other people get under your skin just because your family is in a higher tax bracket.
project...

He is a teenager and what teenager is not worried about what others think?

He'll grow out of that phase.
Old 12-17-06, 04:38 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Well if you gotta ask then maybe..........
Old 12-17-06, 06:13 AM
Cornellian
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ES350Bob
project...

He is a teenager and what teenager is not worried about what others think?

He'll grow out of that phase.
Yea, especially girls!
Old 12-17-06, 11:22 AM
HaveBlue
Driver

Reality check... 90% of people don't own a car at all. A person from middle China won't know an Accord from an IS.

It's not the car that makes the person. The material things in life are just the reward on top of the things that matter. Parents want to give their children every opportunity to get ahead in life. Hopefully they put as much effort in to shaping the person as they do to shaping what the person looks like. A smart kid will recognize the step ahead they have by not being sapped with a car payment or student loans and be able to put the money they earn to things that are important to getting ahead.

I know many people who look wealthy and are totally in debt. I bet there are plenty here. In a way they are more conceeded than the kid who has the means through his parents to have a free and clear car. Everyone deserves nice things and a better life but it's not smart to be unrealistic about what you can swing. Those who financed their cars are lucky to have bought a car that will run long after it is paid off. What they do with that car payment money is another question.
Old 12-17-06, 11:51 AM
Dj_AmtraX
Lexus Test Driver

Just to add a comment. My girlfriend was driving my car last Friday and she noticed other girls were giving her the eye like she's so spoiled.
The car was cleaned the night before and still has dealer plates. She said, girls in general are just mean to other girls they don't know.
Old 12-17-06, 01:32 PM
IS_NIICE
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

hey everyone,

well thanks for all the people who backed up my statements, but in all honesty, i want to know how my posting of this thread proves that i am a spoiled stuck up rich kid.

as far as i know, someone who is stuck up puts themself above everyone else. i am not this type of person, i assure all of you that i have a big heart and care about everyone. i am beginning to think that caring about other people is a weakness, or at least that's what some of you make it out to be. i think some of you guys have painted the wrong picture of me in your heads. im very friendly, outgoing, i have loads of friends, but i still won't be the type who overlooks someone. when at school, i have no problem offering to buy someone lunch if they look sad or depressed. i am all about the well being of everyone, and i don't understand what makes that so unbelievable.
Old 12-17-06, 02:39 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey everyone,

well thanks for all the people who backed up my statements, but in all honesty, i want to know how my posting of this thread proves that i am a spoiled stuck up rich kid.

as far as i know, someone who is stuck up puts themself above everyone else. i am not this type of person, i assure all of you that i have a big heart and care about everyone. i am beginning to think that caring about other people is a weakness, or at least that's what some of you make it out to be. i think some of you guys have painted the wrong picture of me in your heads. im very friendly, outgoing, i have loads of friends, but i still won't be the type who overlooks someone. when at school, i have no problem offering to buy someone lunch if they look sad or depressed. i am all about the well being of everyone, and i don't understand what makes that so unbelievable.
You do not come across at all as a spoiled or stuck up kid, just ignore that nonsene and........... welcome to Club Lexus!
Old 12-17-06, 03:17 PM
revhi
Driver

A regular Mother Theresa in the house.

By saying what you said, seems like a justification on your part to make up for your lack of humility.

hey everyone,

Old 12-17-06, 03:35 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

ron, the only thing to learn from this is that there will be people ^^^ no matter what you do or how you do it or whatever, people that will hate you, disagree with you, and attempt to stand in your way and block you. it's ok to have a big heart and when you encounter these people ^^^ you have two choices: go around them or run over them. the key is to learn exactly when ^^^ to employ the latter.
Old 12-17-06, 03:43 PM
Big Andy
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by javyLSU
And apparently it isn't any different here - it's "grammar," not "grammer." Sorry, I couldn't resist...

Javier
LMAO. 1-0 to you. I knew that would happen.

Quick Reply: REAL DISCUSSION: Am i too young for the IS350??