IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

REAL DISCUSSION: Am i too young for the IS350??

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-06, 08:36 PM
james6290
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well coming from someone in your position, i know what you feel like. Im 16 and my parents bought me an IS350, for my 16th birthday. Sometimes people treat me bad because I have it, and some of my jealous friends can be pretty harsh. But I think it is all about the driver. When i got my car I told my best friend and that was that, I never brag about my car and everyone who knows I have it found out themselves. I'm never snobby when it comes to less fortunate people and I give to charity a lot, out of pocket, not my parents. So if your greatful for it and not stuck up, like a lot of kids who have nice cars then your fine. As for your family, I too have family members who are less fortunate, my uncle is in his upper 60's and drives a 199? lincoln town car. I just try not to talk about it a lot and focus on things we have in common. As for your school, I got to a brivate school with several billionair's kids and multi-multi millionairs, so need less to say there are some nice cars at my school. These include, 2 kids who own 2 C6 Z06's each, a skyline, a new s class, a couple beamers and a couple audis and a few lexus. In my oppinion, I think that I am better then the other kids when it comes to flying under the radar. One of the kids with a C6 Z06 got caught last mon. street racing going 140 in a 55. He was put in handcuffs until other police men arrived for the others. In that time he made nasty comments about the police man's job and other things. The kid is just a spoiled brat who thinks he can free ride off his moms 50+ millions dollar fortune. Just try and be modest about it and don't talk about it. My father works very hard for his money and is proud that he was able to give his son a lexus and I support him. As for other more fortunate people, they will always be there. There will always be someone more fortunate than you and someone less forunate that you, its a part of life. I know a kid who has a mansion of a lake next to his parents mansion and has a lambo, range, ferrari, bentley and a navigator. Am I jealous? Sure sometimes I wish I had as much as him but when it all boils down, Im happy for the kid. Youre fine that you drive an expensive car, and you should be proud to do it, just don't push it...

Hope that helped...

O, and as for the speed thing, it has been a little bit of a problem for me, but just put it in snow mode and it takes away all urges to go fast...trust me...
Old 12-17-06, 09:04 PM
IS_NIICE
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by james6290
Well coming from someone in your position, i know what you feel like. Im 16 and my parents bought me an IS350, for my 16th birthday. Sometimes people treat me bad because I have it, and some of my jealous friends can be pretty harsh. But I think it is all about the driver. When i got my car I told my best friend and that was that, I never brag about my car and everyone who knows I have it found out themselves. I'm never snobby when it comes to less fortunate people and I give to charity a lot, out of pocket, not my parents. So if your greatful for it and not stuck up, like a lot of kids who have nice cars then your fine. As for your family, I too have family members who are less fortunate, my uncle is in his upper 60's and drives a 199? lincoln town car. I just try not to talk about it a lot and focus on things we have in common. As for your school, I got to a brivate school with several billionair's kids and multi-multi millionairs, so need less to say there are some nice cars at my school. These include, 2 kids who own 2 C6 Z06's each, a skyline, a new s class, a couple beamers and a couple audis and a few lexus. In my oppinion, I think that I am better then the other kids when it comes to flying under the radar. One of the kids with a C6 Z06 got caught last mon. street racing going 140 in a 55. He was put in handcuffs until other police men arrived for the others. In that time he made nasty comments about the police man's job and other things. The kid is just a spoiled brat who thinks he can free ride off his moms 50+ millions dollar fortune. Just try and be modest about it and don't talk about it. My father works very hard for his money and is proud that he was able to give his son a lexus and I support him. As for other more fortunate people, they will always be there. There will always be someone more fortunate than you and someone less forunate that you, its a part of life. I know a kid who has a mansion of a lake next to his parents mansion and has a lambo, range, ferrari, bentley and a navigator. Am I jealous? Sure sometimes I wish I had as much as him but when it all boils down, Im happy for the kid. Youre fine that you drive an expensive car, and you should be proud to do it, just don't push it...

Hope that helped...

O, and as for the speed thing, it has been a little bit of a problem for me, but just put it in snow mode and it takes away all urges to go fast...trust me...

haha, hey, thanks for the tip on the snow.

i remember looking at your car on cardomain over the summer and thinking. damn that system is insane.

anyways, thanks for chiming in.
Old 12-17-06, 09:09 PM
IS_NIICE
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Belmont
I initially came to your defense, but now you're just irritating.

Maybe your parents should have instilled a backbone in you.

Toughen up. The world is a rough place. You're going to have a very difficult time making your parents proud if you're getting this worked up over alleged dirty looks in your nice new car.

Get over it.
Leave my parents out of this, say whatever you want about me, but don't say another thing about my parents, they are a gift to this world.

damn all the new jersey cats are on my case, what's going on over there? some storm i don't know about?
Old 12-17-06, 09:24 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,259 Likes on 1,372 Posts

OK guys, this thread has run its course.

Ron, best of luck with your new Lexus!