Dumb Cd Changer!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-06, 07:32 AM
Shinedown
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dumb Cd Changer!

I have the non ML w/navi stereo system. My problem is it doesn't recognize
and list the cd name or tracks on my store bought cd's. Out of 10 it has only recognized 1 of them and most of these are newer cd's (if that even matters)
Just wondering. Does anyone else have this issue? Or know why this might be happening.
Old 12-20-06, 07:34 AM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its the CD.

If the CD doesn't have CD Text then you won't see the names. My CDs are hit and miss. My Breaking Benjamin CD works, but my Panic at the Disco doesn't.

All of my MP3 CDs work because I used CD Text.
Old 12-20-06, 07:40 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 270 Likes on 239 Posts

Since the car doesn't have an Internet connection, how do you expect that it would get that information? The only way that information is available on a store bought CD (a.k.a. red book audio CD), is if it is supports the "CD Text" extension to the standard; only a fraction of the available titles do.
Old 12-20-06, 07:49 AM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

You could download the iTunes software (Free), start a iTunes account and when you input each CD into the program, while connected to the internet, it will download the CD title, track title, artist, music type (rock, country, etc) and album cover art. You can then burn a CD with all the info on it.

Koz
Old 12-20-06, 08:01 AM
Shinedown
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info! I was incorrectly thinking that all store bought cd's has that information on them, and that something was wrong with my stereo.
*SIDE NOTE*
Everytime I get helped like this I can't help but thinking how great this forum is(much better than other 2IS sites) and how nice all CL members are!
Thanks again!
Old 12-20-06, 08:10 AM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bichon
Since the car doesn't have an Internet connection, how do you expect that it would get that information? http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/cb/Cddatxt.gif[/img]

Essentially that is what I said in the post above you. I find the whole explination about the internet somewhat snide.

Now if your post was like this:

"The only way that information is available on a store bought CD (a.k.a. red book audio CD), is if it is supports the "CD Text" extension to the standard; only a fraction of the available titles do."

It would be better. LRN2BENICE.
Old 12-20-06, 05:50 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 270 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by IS_Mine
Essentially that is what I said in the post above you. I find the whole explination about the internet somewhat snide.

Now if your post was like this:

"The only way that information is available on a store bought CD (a.k.a. red book audio CD), is if it is supports the "CD Text" extension to the standard; only a fraction of the available titles do."

It would be better. LRN2BENICE.
I actually started composing my reply before yours was posted. It took me a minute or two to find and link the graphic of the CD Text icon, so the original poster could look for it on store-bought discs, and know which ones are coded.

My reply is more comprehensive than yours. Besides showing the poster the icon, it informs that the reason one sees song titles on all titles on the PC is because the player software can pull the information from a database on the Internet.

I'm sorry you found my answer to be snide. Fortunately the original poster found it to be helpful.