IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

longo lexus collision center

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-06, 09:23 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Absolutely I would. I've been treated great so far by them and not just because I'm from CL, the service guys don't know who I am.
Old 12-20-06, 09:52 PM
kilo6_one
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn, not the fat women...................
Why is it that dealerships and autobody shops hire these individuals? they know nothing about cars, let alone the fact they are fat. Damn.........

in all seriousness, i would never take my car to a dealer body shop, they have no vested intrest in helping you. Always take the car somewhere that you know someone has had good work done.

and has no fat women insight

Also depending on your insurnace company, tell them you are not happy. They can withold payment until you are 100% satisfied, also they usually will guarantee the work as long as you own the car, i know state farm is that way. I had a incident similar and they refused to pay the body shop until i was happy, i ended up letting the insurance company battle it out with the dealer and end result was a finnished product that was showroom condtion.
Old 12-20-06, 11:54 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

sorry to hear your experience @ longo. it really is a crapshoot overthere; either you get excellent service, or you get really bad service. (don't get me started on longo, either...)

AFAIK your insurance should make sure that your damaged 2is is supposed to be restored to its previous condition prior to the accident. (YMMV depending on your insurance company and coverage options.) however, IMO if the longo body shop did not do a good job restoring your 2is to its previous condition you have a valid case.

i would ask your insurance company to inspect the repairs in person and have them decide whether your vehicle has been restored to its previous condition. you might be at the mercy of the insurance company, but i think if you present a valid enough of a case - and from what you've said, it sounds like the repairs are incomplete - they should cover however much it takes to restore your car to its previous condition.

however, if the insurance doesn't/won't do a thing for you, i'd pursue all available avenues of resolution until you are truly SOL.

good luck, and keep us posted.
Old 12-21-06, 12:17 AM
Dj_AmtraX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The BBB is useless. They can't do anything. Depending on the insurance co., you have the right to get it done right. No matter how many times. If you are still not happy, sue them in small claims court. Here is the link.

http://www.saccourt.com/smallclaims/process/process.asp
Old 12-21-06, 01:27 AM
khoongy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i really want to push longo collision until my car is the way it was before, but the problem is that they take SO LONG. if i take in my car again, im afraid my car will be out for another month. i leased my 350, so i feel like im paying $537 a month for a cheapo enterprise corolla rental, you know?

i finally got to drive my car after a month today. oh man, it sure felt good. i think this ricer celica saw me coming from afar and slowed down for me to race or something...so i drove up next to him and he gave me "the look." suddenly he slows down and i was confused. but then it hit me. he was checking to see whether i was driving a 250 or a 350. so when we got to a stop light, he stopped 10 feet behind the line. and no, i don't think he was giving me a head start. =)

sadly, i will have to leave the car again, possibly tomorrow. =( oh well, one day is better than no days!

i keep getting off track. haha. anyway, im going to make some calls to :
a) my insurance company to see what they can do
b) to marcos autobody to see what they can do (john over @ marcos in pasadena really pushes insurance companies to get more $$ so they can do a better job on people's cars. he's a great dude!)
c) and finally, longo collision.

if my insurance lets me repair the car elsewhere, i am definitely taking it to marcos in pasadena. when you walk in, there arent thugs or fat women. there are two pretty good looking petite women to greet you, and they know what they are doin !