IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

longo lexus collision center

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-06, 05:17 PM
khoongy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default longo lexus collision center

hi guys, i just got my car back from my accident one month ago. i took my car to longo collision center and i am VERY unhappy with the results.

damages: scratches on sideskirts, tires, and bumper. fender dented a little bit and some scratches too. the HID aim was a little off and pointing into the sky. minor allignment problem.

1)it took over a month to fix all of that.
2) they tried painting over my scratches, but left very rough texture and the colors barely match. it looks as though they took white out and just started going over my scratches with it(i have a starfire pearl).
3) there is also this panel on the bottom of the bumper that is sticking out.

ill get pics up as soon as i can find my camera.

on the flipside, my gf's car had a huge scratch that was very deep and she took it to marcos autobody in pasadena. they finished her car within 10 days and her scratch does not even look like its there anymore.

in conclusion, never take your cars to longo collision center. i walked in today and there were a bunch of thugs working on people's cars. it took 15 minutes for somebody to acknowledge my presence in a room full of fat women who know nothing about cars. one of these fat women was telling her co-worker that there needs to be a fixed number of calls per day so that they dont have to hear the same question over and over. i was standing right there! anyway, enough with my venting, and heres my question: would it still be possible to take my car to another autobody and still have it charged under the other person's insurance company?(so i wouldnt have to pay a dime) ... or is it too late?
Old 12-20-06, 05:24 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Sorry to hear of your problems with Longo Lexus, but Marcos Autobody is
Old 12-20-06, 05:24 PM
cocopops
Pole Position

i would say its too late. I dont think the insurance company would want to pay 2x. You could lodge a complaint with your insurance company and the collision center. If they promised you a good job (meaning none of those stuffs should be there) and they offer a satisfaction guaranteed, you prob can ask them to re-do your car. can also complain with the BBB. Actually you should not have accepted ur car back when you see the outcome of their work. I usually will re-inspect the car thoroughly of any cosmetic blemishes and will tell the bodyshop of any concerns I have. Most of the time, they will do some work to allevate those concerns. Most of the stuffs are really minor, but your complaint seems major. Try speaking to a manager as well. I am sure the collision center isn't really directly under longo, but if there are a lot of complaints, Longo management might change to another provider or something.
Old 12-20-06, 05:34 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Originally Posted by cocopops
iI am sure the collision center isn't really directly under longo, but if there are a lot of complaints, Longo management might change to another provider or something.
Yes it is, it's owned and operated by Longo. In fact it's right in between the Lexus and Toyota buildings.

You know how sales and service get those "customer surveys"? For some reason the collision center does not so they could give a rat's *** about customer service.
Old 12-20-06, 05:49 PM
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Many (most/all?) insurance claim repairs are guaranteed for the life of the car. I had this problem with a dealer repair/hack on a Dodge Durango I owned. I went back 5 times, and they kept ****ing it up worse each time. Not to go too far off topic, but they even sprayed clear over something on the paint - looked like a dead bug - and insisted that it happened after the repair. The fix was to take a wool pad on a rotary buffer and wear the clear to the paint in that spot, leaving a "divot". I dumped that car and resolved to never buy another vehicle there, ever.

I would suggest giving Longo another chance, but based on their first try and what I read here about them, I wouldn't expect much. If you plan on keeping your car for a long time and it's not leased, then don't let up - make them strip and repaint it until it's RIGHT! Involve your insurance company, and if Longo can't get it right, get your money back and have the work done elsewhere. Threaten legal action if you have to. This is not a trivial matter, and it's not your problem if they can't properly repair a car.
Old 12-20-06, 05:50 PM
HaveBlue
Driver

Unfortunately it's not just the collision center. I've called for parts they've put me on hold for 15 min before I finally hung up. I called my fleet salesperson several times thinking she might help. Two weeks later I got a call back from her. I told her I couldn't get through to parts and I had wondered if she could help. She says she has the same problem when she calls in from the outside too. Serves her right. HAHA. I told her I already drove down there and stood at the counter. All I wanted were some floor mats...

Other than being pretty overpriced floor mats, they were friendly and the all weather mats are sharp.
Old 12-20-06, 05:56 PM
khoongy
Driver

my car is a lease, so i was just thinking about leaving the scuff marks there.. but that brings about another question.

will my car pass damage inspection @ the end of the lease?
Old 12-20-06, 07:21 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You said Longo. 'nuff said. Sorry my post is not of any help, I just hate Longo.
Old 12-20-06, 08:27 PM
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by khoongy
my car is a lease, so i was just thinking about leaving the scuff marks there.. but that brings about another question.

will my car pass damage inspection @ the end of the lease?
Yes, poorly repaired damage can cost you at lease end. Make Longo try again. If it's still totally screwed, I would demand your money back and take it elsewhere. You don't have to live with shoddy work, especially from a Lexus dealer. Don't let them try to "fix" it with a rotary buffer and wool pad either, or they'll swirl your paint to hell. Make them repaint.
Old 12-20-06, 08:57 PM
mattssi
Pole Position

How many times have I said it already - F Longo.

Look forward to another post - I have my car going back to that body shop tomorrow - to fix the spoiler...and paint job they did on my quarter panel. Thats right 3k miles on the car and its been painted how many times now.

GOD DAMN I will never buy from them again.
Old 12-20-06, 08:58 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Ah there you are Matt, I was wondering how long it'd be before you got here....I sincerely hope it works out for ya this time around.
Old 12-20-06, 09:00 PM
mattssi
Pole Position

Thanks. I am drafting up the email to go along with the car service
Old 12-20-06, 09:03 PM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

do dealers normally operate their own bodyshop? or do they usually contract it out to a 3rd party? anybody know if glendale has their own shop?
Old 12-20-06, 09:11 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Glendale does not own their own shop, but obviously from this thread things can go either way.
Old 12-20-06, 09:20 PM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
Glendale does not own their own shop, but obviously from this thread things can go either way.
since you have firsthand knowledge... if insurance was covering it, would you be confident in the bodyshop that glendale uses?

Quick Reply: longo lexus collision center