IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

After 4 yrs of wanting an IS finally got one!! **Plus Spoiler install pics**

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-06, 09:01 PM
Tony59blue
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, Congradulations on your new car. You will definetly enjoy it. Good job on installing that rear spoiler. I've heard many people having problems taking it to the dealer and having them install it. Maybe you and your dad can go show them how it's done. Now just wait till the "MOD BUG" start hitting you.
Old 12-23-06, 09:24 PM
MIAMIGS3
Lexus Test Driver

congrats , i ve been wanting one since they first came too, got mine 2 weeks ago, im very happy.
Old 12-23-06, 11:47 PM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by racinghart
oh wow! you went to longo lexus too? did you talk to Elise? howed you get them to NOT drill holes in for your front plate? damnit i had to get bumper plugs for mine haha nice ride man! i got the exact one 2 weeks ago
Yes bought the car from Elise. I have a thread on here about the whole ordeal. My car was at the port and I told her not to install the front license plate. At first she said they HAVE too. But I told her NOOO. If there are holes in the front bumper i'm going to refuse the car.

So in the end she made it happen. A bit complicated then I expected for such a simple request but worked out at the end. Longo is known to be ****.
Old 12-23-06, 11:49 PM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by VikDiddy
Congrats!

Funny thing. When the shop was installing my spoiler they dropped a screw in the trunk as well. To get it out they used a strong flow of air to push it to the nearest hole and then used a magnet to get it out. Hope this helps.
Yeah I just left it in there and used another screw. It doesnt make any noise so im okay with it. If it does ever start making any noises when I open and close the trunk then I will try to fish it out like you said.
Old 12-23-06, 11:52 PM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Tony59blue
Hey, Congradulations on your new car. You will definetly enjoy it. Good job on installing that rear spoiler. I've heard many people having problems taking it to the dealer and having them install it. Maybe you and your dad can go show them how it's done. Now just wait till the "MOD BUG" start hitting you.
Yes I was first hesitant about drilling holes and doing the install myself.

But the key is just to line up the template correctly and not have the drill bit slide and scratch your paint.

The install went perfect everything is aligned and even. Couldnt be happier.

Paid $165 for the spoiler. Dealer wanted $590 with installation.
Old 12-24-06, 12:13 AM
Dj_AmtraX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know that feeling. I got the same color combo on a 350. Love It!
Old 12-24-06, 12:47 AM
racinghart
Pole Position

Originally Posted by gsrthomas

But the key is just to line up the template correctly and not have the drill bit slide and scratch your paint.

can you get us that spoiler for 165?
Old 12-24-06, 01:05 AM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by racinghart
can you get us that spoiler for 165?
No, sorry. I have a friend that works for Toyota Corporate and has employee discount which is 40% off parts. I wouldnt be able to hook everyone up, dont want him getting into trouble.
Old 12-24-06, 05:18 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Dude, I wouldn't go to the dealership if they offered to install it for FREE!!! Especially this "Longo" place... You did the right thing by going to the local shop...

Read this thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hlight=spoiler

Here's one excerpt for the lazy:

"The dealer called me again today. It appears they just replaced the spoiler again (3rd times a charm, right??), and the technician scratched the trunk and it needs to be painted. As far as the blemish, they have to wait for a director or someone to come in next week to make a decision on what to do.

So, in the short time I've had my car, I've had it in my possession as much as the dealer. 2 re-paints, 3 spoilers, poor service 90% of the time."

And the saga still continues... The even after that, the ****ed up his trunk even worse, and he has not posted that it's resolved yet... I really hope they make him whole by replacing the trunk lid and installing the spoiler properly...

So ya, be glad you didn't go to the dealer
Old 12-24-06, 10:02 AM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Technique
Dude, I wouldn't go to the dealership if they offered to install it for FREE!!! Especially this "Longo" place... You did the right thing by going to the local shop...

Read this thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hlight=spoiler

Here's one excerpt for the lazy:

"The dealer called me again today. It appears they just replaced the spoiler again (3rd times a charm, right??), and the technician scratched the trunk and it needs to be painted. As far as the blemish, they have to wait for a director or someone to come in next week to make a decision on what to do.

So, in the short time I've had my car, I've had it in my possession as much as the dealer. 2 re-paints, 3 spoilers, poor service 90% of the time."

And the saga still continues... The even after that, the ****ed up his trunk even worse, and he has not posted that it's resolved yet... I really hope they make him whole by replacing the trunk lid and installing the spoiler properly...

So ya, be glad you didn't go to the dealer
Wow, im sorry to hear about your troubles with the dealer. Yes I NEVER take my car to the dealer unless its warranty work. I'm even debating wether to take my car in for the free 5K oil change.

I cant believe they couldnt install a simple spoiler?? It comes with simple directions and a template where to drill the holes. Couldnt be easier. At first I was hesitant but the install went perfectly just like from the factory.

The Local Shop is my dads shop. He has been in business for 20 years. So if anyone needs a spoiler install let me know!
Old 12-24-06, 10:32 AM
flyfl1pguy

No, sorry. I have a friend that works for Toyota Corporate and has employee discount which is 40% off parts. I wouldnt be able to hook everyone up, dont want him getting into trouble.
I say hook us up. . . .
Old 12-24-06, 10:33 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, im sorry to hear about your troubles with the dealer. Yes I NEVER take my car to the dealer unless its warranty work. I'm even debating wether to take my car in for the free 5K oil change.

I cant believe they couldnt install a simple spoiler?? It comes with simple directions and a template where to drill the holes. Couldnt be easier. At first I was hesitant but the install went perfectly just like from the factory.

The Local Shop is my dads shop. He has been in business for 20 years. So if anyone needs a spoiler install let me know!
That's not my thread, that's Mattssi's thread... I do everything myself as well...

I will NEVER go to the dealer for anything, except large warranty claims... I am definitely NOT going in for the 5k oil change, even if they PAID me to do it... I'm going to have everything done at a local shop I know and trust...
Old 12-26-06, 10:55 AM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

Is that your Dad drilling the trunk ?
What kind of shop is it - full service, maintenance only, body work, tire repair, etc ? Whereabouts is it located ???
Old 12-26-06, 11:11 AM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by socalJD
Is that your Dad drilling the trunk ?
What kind of shop is it - full service, maintenance only, body work, tire repair, etc ? Whereabouts is it located ???
Yes that is my dad drilling into the trunk.

Its full service except body. Its located near Disneyland in Anaheim.
Old 12-26-06, 11:18 AM
TexasIS
Rookie

Grats on the car! I just picked up my IS350 with the same color combo 3 days ago! Enjoy it!